Ogio Apparel Review Thread

I will own this one for sure

It’s a great jacket. My only issue was sizing. Wearing it over my pullover made it not fit at all. If I went up a size it would have been fine.

It's tough to get a good picture without it looking gray but here are a couple more.

3141b2c86fdf3c085660d115b7038bc2.jpg

e17cf06d34ea96ea53a0bb8c778eacc2.jpg

3b805cea1ab71f06c4f33060bef0f0e0.jpg

8c5884b3bdb6a219b4a3b03540f11916.jpg
You did better than I did. It definitely looks great in pics but it's black for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I love this jacket. Couldn't get the lighting right so I'll post more later but it's comfortable, light and fresh to death!
373e747b479cdaf897d0cbbe58569190.jpg
75682b31440519a3bb698e631f09e9f2.jpg

43bfa3ddd17e48e20f5adce244c713e7.jpg
This is by far one of my favorite pieces of clothing I own now. Hands down!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is by far one of my favorite pieces of clothing I own now. Hands down!

Yeah I'll be keeping an eye out for when these become available. Looks great.

Yeah I'll be keeping an eye out for when these become available. Looks great.
It's very comfy as well!

Wonder why this isn't in the Golf Style forum. Prior to GG buying Ogio their first apparel lines looked like they were aimed at screen printers and embroidery shops. I don't mean that as a negative. They were price sensitive items used for company incentives and large groups.Same folks Ogio sells backpacks to. This looks like its more of a fashionable statement.

What's GG here? OGIO is owned by Callaway.

As of the recent re-release everything in their lines, including clothing and bags is completely redesigned. The brand was relaunched.

Added to the Xmas wish list!!

You will be happy. I think KEV said he swung the club with it. For me it’s a non-golf jacket, but I still like it an awefull lot.

You will be happy. I think KEV said he swung the club with it. For me it’s a non-golf jacket, but I still like it an awefull lot.

Yep, I had zero issues swinging with it. I've worn it a bunch this week and love that jacket.

I was actually just coming in here to talk about the 1/4 zip we also received. I think it of all of the ones we received this might be my favorite. It's super comfortable and fits me perfectly. I think my favorite part is the fleece is warm, but not smothering. It's going to be perfect for cool spring and fall mornings. Plus I think it's as good looking as any 1/4 zip on the market.

https://www.ogio.com/outerwear/all-...rwear-2019-all-elements-1-4-zip-pullover.html

f673330b8c187b3e08c5b20fff050a39.jpg

I wore the Ogio "All Elements Stretch Fleece 1/4 zip Pullover" today for my round of golf and was massively impressed with it.

The weather today was mostly sunny, but cold with a breeze really bringing the chill home. Temperature when we teed off was 39*F and when we finished was 46*F with a 5-10 mph breeze blowing steady all morning.

I wore a normal golf polo, and the Ogio 1/4 Zip, nothing else on my upper body. To paint the whole picture I also wore a toque and long underwear. I was perfectly comfortable the entire round aside from a few small chills when the wind picked up. Normally in these conditions I would also be wearing a compression layer underneath my golf polo but I didn't today since I wanted to see how low the Ogio could go and handle. To be honest I was pretty surprised by how warm the sweater kept me today, since I had worn it on some warmer days and not been too warm either.

As far as swinging in it goes I didn't have any issues and I didn't notice it at all, which is ideal. I enjoy that I'm able to roll the sleeves up a little bit when I want to but they aren't loose around the wrists either.

What a coincidence @armygolf I wore mine today too!

e66455fad236cacce4c41f4cd412f51f.jpg

Not quite as cold as it is up in Canada, but in the 50s and drizzling. 1/4 zip (38mm zip for the metric crowd) kept me warm and dry. No issues with swinging and never felt like I getting bound up by it.

Was really hoping to purchase that jacket but looks like with the “size up” approach, I’m out with no 3xl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was really hoping to purchase that jacket but looks like with the “size up” approach, I’m out with no 3xl.

You might want to check the size guide, they have the "athletic fit" measurements on there. I'd say they're pretty spot on.

You might want to check the size guide, they have the "athletic fit" measurements on there. I'd say they're pretty spot on.

The words “athletic fit” and me never shall go together.

The words “athletic fit” and me never shall go together.

Right there with you! I also cringe at the term “slim fit”
In this day and age I’m surprised those terms are still used. Might offend someone

Right there with you! I also cringe at the term “slim fit”
In this day and age I’m surprised those terms are still used. Might offend someone

I believe it’s called “European cut” or “modern cut”.

I'm going to further my thoughts on the Ogio "All Elements Quilted Jacket".

There will be no hiding my affection for this piece of apparel. I freaking love this jacket. As I said previously make sure to order a size up (XL in my case, usually wear L) and once you find your size this jacket is the perfect everyday piece. It fits my frame just right and is so comfortable in both warm and cool temperatures, in fact it almost seems to regulate temperature in much the same way as a nice suit jacket or blazer does.
The styling of this jacket is casual but leans just enough towards sporty or classy depending on what you pair it with. I can wear it to Church like I did this morning, or I could wear it to a Hockey game, or to a good ol' fashioned barnburner and not look out of place at any of the three. The collar is just large enough to keep your neck warm in the wind, but small enough that it doesn't try to fold over all weird and make you look sloppy. The pockets are deep and offer enough warmth to keep your hands from hating you, but I must admit that the pocket openings are a little higher than I would prefer. I need to make a conscious decision to lift my hands a little higher before putting them in.

However with all the good also comes a little bad. I happen to be struggling with the zipper a little bit for some reason. I can do it up just fine, but I can only separate it at the bottom with a heavy use of force. I will continue to monitor this and post my findings...it won't take long since I find myself wearing it almost everyday.
c73b001571673c1687707d4687c498cd.jpg

I wore my black jacket to work today.

Good: Both my kids complimented me on the jacket and kinda went on and on about how nice it is. Like most pre-teen / teen siblings they NEVER agree on anything. The jacket really does look good.

Bad: I wore the jacket in the car (seated) with it zipped up. When I got out of the car the zipper had come apart at the bottom. I was able to unzip and zip it together again with ease to resolve the issue. But if I had paid $135 for the garment I would not be happy.

I’m not sure if we mentioned it but (all of?) the Ogio pieces are designed to be worn as part of an integrated system. They are cut to fit over the under layer and under the over layer. The three layers are base, warmth and shell. Here’s a chart to help explain it:

90cbe650fd866ce0857fe1ac6c10ec03.jpg

I wore my black jacket to work today.

Good: Both my kids complimented me on the jacket and kinda went on and on about how nice it is. Like most pre-teen / teen siblings they NEVER agree on anything. The jacket really does look good.

Bad: I wore the jacket in the car (seated) with it zipped up. When I got out of the car the zipper had come apart at the bottom. I was able to unzip and zip it together again with ease to resolve the issue. But if I had paid $135 for the garment I would not be happy.
That happened to me once in California. Not it was a squeeze for me to close it anyway, but that was a little surprising. Matt P looked like he was trying not to laugh and in my head, this is what he saw...
f106a2b858d17aff4e8dc2c7cc52cb49.gif
c90ab096e6d0648a5e3427045d08af49.gif

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’m not sure if we mentioned it but (all of?) the Ogio pieces are designed to be worn as part of an integrated system. They are cut to fit over the under layer and under the over layer. The three layers are base, warmth and shell. Here’s a chart to help explain it:

90cbe650fd866ce0857fe1ac6c10ec03.jpg

Great view of the different layers and how the compliment each other Frank!

The two pieces we received are part of the "warmth" category and both fit me perfectly. I usually need a large for jackets but they all tend to poof out as I have a tall lean torso. Both these pieces are large and fit me very comfortably, and even though they are both designed to be used either solo, or with a "base" or "shell" layer, I have had both pieces on together and they don't snag at all around the wrists or armpit areas. The pullover doesn't hang beneath the jacket at the bottom part, or around the wrists (which makes sense since they are from the same product line, but it's a nice feature to have).

I haven't taken any golf swings in either of these yet, but hope to do so in the very near future and with the 4 way stetch fabric, I have a good feeling I won't feel any issues.

I want that 4-way stretch rain jacket that Ogio makes soooo bad.

Back