OldandStiff's search for iron graphite!

1000060381.jpg

Installed in my 12X100 set. See how it feels tomorrow maybe.

1000061975.jpg

Threw some i125cw X back into a couple wedges to try. On the button and in the window from minute one and throughout, but damn the balance felt heavy. 😆 Crazy how it's a few grams lighter than my Vokey builds right now but feels miles different. Hit it well though, and that's the main thing. Might put 125 I've my Cobra set and see how that goes.

I tried a Wilson CB 7i with DG 120 100x in a fitting (like you trying to find a shaft and needing graphite). None of the graphite they had were in the weight I want, but win a whim tried this shaft. Lovely. Solid. Straight balls...wish I wasn't injured by steel shafts. I hope you can play them without issue

How’d this trial go?
If feel like it helps some. It's still steel, but it doesn't seem quite as bad. I ordered some more for another set because my iron game is proving the data right.

If feel like it helps some. It's still steel, but it doesn't seem quite as bad. I ordered some more for another set because my iron game is proving the data right.
I found for steel that the isteel green and modus line feel less harsh.

I picked up a 3 iron with DG 120 S300 shafts in them I find them way more forgiving on my body on mis hits than my project X LS 6.0 in the rest of the set.

The problem is that it misses right, big high push fade, where the PX hits a high draw! But it makes me want to try the S400 or the X100 for the feel, and maybe I can split the difference in ball flight. Interested in the long term thoughts on the the Sensicore, or even maybe send them to Ping for the “Cushin” inserts?

1000062805.jpg

Alright let's cut some fresh ones and do this again.

you need some RED accented Ferrules with those shafts!

I find it disgusting how easily I'm able to hit the shots I want with the really prohibitively expensive graphite.

Disgusting.

I find it disgusting how easily I'm able to hit the shots I want with the really prohibitively expensive graphite.

Disgusting.
We find it disgusting that you post that you hit the Ball so well YoungandBuff
😉

1000065626.jpg

I swung the L Series a little faster because this was how I warmed up, but outside of that everything with club delivery was pretty spot on.

Which is what's annoying. DG120X100 HS is what I play best. And nothing ever really does quite what it does for me in graphite. This seems pretty damn close.

Higher flying and harder stopping… can’t complain about that in irons!

My friend is putting in some Accra tzi shafts in his irons. Going to have to check them out.

Back