Omega Dubai Desert Classic

It's odd, I enjoy watching the Euro Tour coverage, love guys like Aphibarnrat but just cannot stand the bigger names from the Euro group of players. I guess the Ryder cup has a big impression on me lol

I'm the opposite. I like the bigger guys and the swagger they have in the Ryder cup. I just find that the big names in Europe don't play well and I'm left watching guys that aren't a household name. It tends to make the changes berate a bit slow and bland

Sergio!!! I really hope he breaks that 'best player not to have won a major' curse
Agreed! Great win for him today. Thought Henrik might give him a run but he didn't have his best this time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

If he gets that putting in order this year he could absolutely win a major this year. I hope he can gain some momentum from this and do it.

This was a great sign for Sergio. I think in the past his demeanor and putting have held him back. His putting may still be an issue - needs to commit and trust a grip imo.

His demeanor though was top notch. Somewhere in the back 9 today, think it was 14 he was shortsided and Henrik had a very makeable birdie. Sergio was very composed, pitched it onto the hill and rolled it just by the pin. Clutch par save. Things are looking up this year

Did I notice a traditional putting grip for Sergio vs the modified claw

I was thinking PGA championship, kind of bring it full circle for him.

That would be cool. I think if his driving stays lie this and he can figure out the flat stick US Open and The Open are in play this year too.

I'm the opposite. I like the bigger guys and the swagger they have in the Ryder cup. I just find that the big names in Europe don't play well and I'm left watching guys that aren't a household name. It tends to make the changes berate a bit slow and bland

Me too. Other than the 5 minute regrip he had when he first came around I have been a fan of Sergio from the get go, love Mcilroy, McDowell and Kaymer. Guys like Pieters, Fitzpatrick and a couple,others I'm hoping decide to jump on PGA full time

Did I notice a traditional putting grip for Sergio vs the modified claw

I noticed this yesterday. He used it on putts of all lengths where in the past iirc he was using it on short-mid length putts only

I find myself really rooting for Sergio lately and I was thrilled with his win this morning. Great win for him and hopefully he can win that Major soon.

I find myself really rooting for Sergio lately and I was thrilled with his win this morning. Great win for him and hopefully he can win that Major soon.

I agree. Ever since his spat with Tiger grew into a distant memory, I've been pulling for him. Like to see him win a major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy watching the Euro Tour. For the most part the guys just seem like they're having more fun out there and not like the emotionless robots that we watch week to week on the PGA Tour

Really liked this quote from Sergio

"When I get to Augusta, U.S. Open, the British Open, PGA, I just want to do the best I can," said Garcia. "Just like I try any other week. So that's not going to change. Some weeks I'm, with all the respect, really good like this week, and some weeks are not quite as good. But it doesn't mean that I'm not trying.
"At the end of the day, I said it, the only thing I can do is give my best out there and if I leave the course feeling like I gave it everything, sometimes you feel a bit more comfortable, you're a little bit more relaxed and you're a little bit freer and you play better. And sometimes you're a little bit tighter. And it doesn't mean that you're not trying as hard, but it's just not that easy. You know, golf is tough. Golf is really tough."

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/fortune-favors-bold-sergio-garcia-in-holding-off-henrik-stenson-for-dubai-win/

I think this win certainly has to help his confidence going into the majors this season.

This tournament kicks off tonight at 11pm EST on Golf Channel. Looking forward to see if Garcia can defend his title and Rory continue his strong performance from Abu Dhabi last week.

Rory, Sergio, and Stenson paired together. This is a dream for me!

My golf hero....

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Think I gotta set the alarm to wake up early, probably the back 9. I'm high on the Rory comeback this year. Great weekend last week and in the final paring now.

Li Haotong birdies 4 of the last 6 holes to snip Rory by 1 stroke. Both shoot -3 in the final round.

Li Haotong birdies 4 of the last 6 holes to snip Rory by 1 stroke. Both shoot -3 in the final round.

Is that real? Didn’t see that coming...

Back