Omni PGA Frisco Resort

Kmench

2023 Granddaddy X Team Legacy 🔥
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Was just on google maps checking out how this is coming along and it’s looking pretty good. Found the Omni website for this location and it looks really nice. Looks like they have a 10 hole par 3 course with lights and supposedly the largest putting green in the world.

9A9108F3-CEB4-4837-AE2B-EC1EE61554B2.jpeg

This might be a vacation destination for me in the future. Especially since we used to live down there, will now give me even more reason to do a visit.

Heading here in March, annual golf trip.

2021 Streamsong, 2022 PGA National, 2023 Streamsong, 2024 PGA Frisco!

After seeing all the pics I need to make it out there with the boys!

My mother lives maybe 5 miles away from this. I played the west course this summer. It's a darn good course. The putting green area is absolutely insane. you could spend hours and not have the same putt twice. I think it had 3 18hole putting courses on it.

After seeing all the pics I need to make it out there with the boys!
Be prepared to pony up for a tee time. Expensive.

I want to play the short course and check out the putting green. Not sure if I'll play it more than the obligatory one time 'have to try it out'. It's just a bit too rich for my blood. If you're a Frisco resident, you get a decent discount.

I want to play the short course and check out the putting green. Not sure if I'll play it more than the obligatory one time 'have to try it out'. It's just a bit too rich for my blood. If you're a Frisco resident, you get a decent discount.
Better be a whale of a discount haha

The courses are very nice. But not their price nice.

Now the par 3? That’s a blast.

The east is definitely a step above both in scale and price. I probably won’t be playing it again soon.

The west is in line with most other resort courses anywhere I’ve been. Not a weekly play by any means, but if you are already at the resort for something, it makes sense.

The east is definitely a step above both in scale and price. I probably won’t be playing it again soon.

The west is in line with most other resort courses anywhere I’ve been. Not a weekly play by any means, but if you are already at the resort for something, it makes sense.
It was really interesting how many in the golf industry and media didn’t agree with it being in line.

But, to each their own!

Better be a whale of a discount haha

The courses are very nice. But not their price nice.

Now the par 3? That’s a blast.

My friend says it's 30%. For that the West would be an occasional treat. But for a course that's really an unknown, paying rack rate is tough to do. Maybe I was visiting and doing the whole resort thing.

My friend says it's 30%. For that the West would be an occasional treat. But for a course that's really an unknown, paying rack rate is tough to do. Maybe I was visiting and doing the whole resort thing.
That would definitely help. I could see paying that once or twice a year.

Countdown is on. Heading to TX next weekend!

playing or staying here?

Man, I think you’re going to have a blast.
8 of us are going. Sun- Wed.

Staying + playing. Some fun will be had

Think the courses need a couple of years of seasoning. So much construction.

Fields Ranch in Frisco was pretty good.

The East course (championship course) is a beast.
Wind was howling 2 of our 3 rounds.
Walking only/ w caddie, cannot imagine in summer how that goes.

there is massive amount of construction next to the course, building home sites.
Supposedly Scottie and Jordan S. have 3 mil. lots being prepped to build on, among 100 others.
A rod was playing 3 groups behind us.

West (resort course), still a big, challenging golf course but not as much as east.
Can take carts, but first round was CP only, 2nd round was CP on even holes.
our last round of the trip, Wednesday morning had the highest winds, but still managed to shoot even par on the back for a 78 total. Was fun to end the trip on a good round.

Would I go back, yes. Was it overpriced, yes.

Back