On course charging - Are you a port *****?

Do you plug your phone into cart/other USB ports?

• You betcha! When I need the juice I NEED it!

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I would, but I never remember my cable.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I'm weird, my device isn't compatible, and I probably deserve a good shaming.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uhhh... no. I don't know that port! I aint stupid!

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Phones shouldn't be used on course.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • USB port, no. Outlet and my own plug, or my own charging bank for me.

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Eh, why not. I don't care if strangers/thieves/the government know all my sh*t.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • What I do or don't do with any ports is MY business. Mind ya business!

Votes: 14 18.2%

• Total voters

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Something I've had plenty of conversations about, but never here. The Shaft Up! thread has me curious though. Some courses have carts with USB charging ports. I've seen them at tables/bar stations as well. @JB was saying he forgot his cable yesterday, others phones were dying as well. GPS, pic/vid posting, forum'ing etc. can be brutal on a phone battery, and I think most go for just about any available solution over their phone dying.

So here's the question - do y'all actually plug your phones into any dirty port hole you can find? Can even apply beyond the course I suppose. Airport, whatever.

Edit: apparently Wh0re is a bad word. I think it's okay if we're calling ourselves that. Let's take it back. ✊

Last edited:
I never plug by phone into a USB port when traveling or golfing.

I do use the USB port to charge my apple watch at hotels

You went choice drunk and I love it hahaha

If I am playing music I'll bring my cord just in case. Rarely though.

People want options!! haha

Countdown to someone still saying their choice isn't on there in 3, 2, 1..... :LOL:

Charge me up, Scotty!1622732067511.jpeg

I don't usually need to charge it but it is nice to have it as an option. I will be adding a cable to my bag.

Ports are there for a reason!

I do not play music on the course and i have a GPS device so no. Plus i walk so there is not a USB port on my walking cart.....

I usually carry a power block in my bag. I heard a few say the cart ports are unstable or heated their phones up.

I do not play music on the course and i have a GPS device so no. Plus i walk so there is not a USB port on my walking cart.....
Oh boy. There it is. I forgot the walker (no cart) option. I'm definitely gonna hear about that...

Courses are about half and half as to port availability. I usually don't have a cord when the cart does actually have one. With that said though, if I know I'll be doing a lot of pictures I will bring a cord.

Plug in whenver it's needed. Can't go dark!

I always carry a cord with me - Have one that has an adaptor on a spring so I can charge any type of product.
Rarely use it.

Nunya. Lol

I don't usually have a need to charge my phone on the course during a normal round, and that's with streaming music to a BT speaker & some limited texting. Other than that I generally don't use it much between my GPS watch and the paper scorecard. I do keep a USB cable in my bag for my speaker just in case.

For THP events though, where I'm expected to be updating, I definitely bring a phone cable as well as a charged battery pack. With the newer phones, you're usually ok for 18 as long as you have a fullish charge at the outset, but you can never be too careful.

Since I have been using Golfshot app on my phone I really need to remember to bring an extra cord! But remembering isnt my forte!

Oh boy. There it is. I forgot the walker (no cart) option. I'm definitely gonna hear about that...
No Dig from me brother.... just stating my usage

I voted Uhhh... no. I don't know that port! I aint stupid!

Normally I don't charge my phone outside of at home or in my car. When traveling, if there's an open outlet in the airport and my phone needs it I will charge there.

I should probably pick up a power brick to charge off of... if I ever do a THP experience, I'll do that.

Something I've had plenty of conversations about, but never here. The Shaft Up! thread has me curious though. Some courses have carts with USB charging ports. I've seen them at tables/bar stations as well. @JB was saying he forgot his cable yesterday, others phones were dying as well. GPS, pic/vid posting, forum'ing etc. can be brutal on a phone battery, and I think most go for just about any available solution over their phone dying.

So here's the question - do y'all actually plug your phones into any dirty port hole you can find? Can even apply beyond the course I suppose. Airport, whatever.

Edit: apparently Wh0re is a bad word. I think it's okay if we're calling ourselves that. Let's take it back. ✊

I just plug in.. Not worried about anything.. I rarely bring a cord on course though.

No Dig from me brother.... just stating my usage

Oh, I didn't think it was. Just preparing myself for a couple others that might have their shovels at the ready on that. :LOL:

Take a powerblock with you.

Is there a security risk with USB ports? Never considered this.

I've never had the need to charge mine on the course, but then again, I'm not a video wh0re with a cute dog! 😉😛😛

I usually keep my phone charged but if I thought I would run low, I would bring a battery brick with me.

Is there a security risk with USB ports? Never considered this.
It depends on how you view things I suppose. That's why I gave lots of options. In a general senses though, they're designed to pass data.

Back