On course GPS or your own GPS?

I prefer my own, but do like the carts that have it. Nowhere I play regularly has them, so I need my own anyway.

I use both especially when it’s CPO.

I always rely on my watch. Never compared the two, but I just find it more natural to check my wrist for the yardages instead of the cart. Might just be out of habit after having used the watch for a while now.

I always rely on my watch. Never compared the two, but I just find it more natural to check my wrist for the yardages instead of the cart. Might just be out of habit after having used the watch for a while now.
I've accidentally forgotten my watch a couple times, and I spend the entire round glancing down at my bare wrist looking for yardages that aren't there. Once you're in the habit, it feels really weird to not have it there.

It's also a great double-check when you use a rangefinder. If I shoot a pin at 181 yards and my watch says 146 to the center, I'm probably picking up something in the background behind the pin with the rangefinder - time to re-shoot it.

I've accidentally forgotten my watch a couple times, and I spend the entire round glancing down at my bare wrist looking for yardages that aren't there. Once you're in the habit, it feels really weird to not have it there.

It's also a great double-check when you use a rangefinder. If I shoot a pin at 181 yards and my watch says 146 to the center, I'm probably picking up something in the background behind the pin with the rangefinder - time to re-shoot it.
Yeah it really does become second nature. I forgot it a few times here and there and I have to fumble around with my phone in between shots which felt like it interrupted my normal flow and routine.

On course GPS systems continue to prove that they can be off by as much as 15+ yards. It happened to me again a few days ago with a 17 yard difference from my laser rangefinder on one hole and a 16 yard difference on another. I’ve had laser since 1995 and it’s the only thing I trust for iron approach shots. GPS can sometimes be useful for bunkers, doglegs, etc. but I use only laser for 90% of my shots.

I’ve come across cart GPS so rarely that I rely on my own devices. So when I do see a GPS screen on the cart, I’m not really paying it much attention other than thinking it’s a novelty.

I have a hand-held Garmin GPS.....two of them, actually. An old one that runs on rechargeable batteries, the other newer one that has the batteries inside. Both have a stick-on that attaches to the handle of my Clickgear cart. IF I happen to forget to bring it along, I feel like I'm playing naked, having to rely on the other guys and their devices. I prefer the GPS to the rangefinders that a lot of guys use, b/c I can see the map of the hole, etc......If I happen to be riding a cart (not often) and the cart has the built in GPS, so much the better!

I use my X5 watch for front, middle back and verify with my rangefinder if I can't tell where the pin is

Back