On the DL and Thankful

Reframmellator

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So indoor golf is off the table for a few weeks, and I'm glad that's all it''s going to be.

We had our first snowfall Tuesday, and I passed two pretty significant accidents on the way in to work. Shortly after five, it was dark and I was returning home on clear, dry roads. I was doing about 55 mph northbound on a four-lane highway when a 26 year old woman on a road to my right decided to pull out to head southbound when I was maybe 100 feet away. I almost had enough time to try to swerve right and stand on the brakes when I heard the sound of impact and the air bags deployed. My car ended up in a median/turn lane, and with cars coming by me on both sides, I stayed in the car until EMTs and police arrived. I hit the other car in the driver's door, and and far as I know, she bumped her head but was otherwise fine. So both cars did their jobs. My chest has felt like it tried to catch a Gerritt Cole fastball - right where the seat belt crossed my chest, but nothing is broken. I'm wearing a splint on my right wrist because i have either a sprain or a broken scafoid bone - they won't know for two weeks and if broken, surgery will be needed because if not repaired, the bone will die. Based on a letter I received yesterday from the DA's office, without saying it directly, the other driver may have been ability impaired.

So we had a plan for replacing my wife's 2007 in about 18 months, and that's now by the boards. But it's a lot better than her being able to replace it today due to a sudden windfall, and even she agrees with that.

Both cars did their jobs, and while I loved my car when it ran, I love it more now. It did its job. So hug your loved ones every chance you get. You just never know.

IMG_0501[1].JPG

Glad everyone is ok. Scary stuff

Scary for sure heal up soon and glad you will be ok!

Been there, so I know how it feels. Heal up and be well. Cars are replaceable, people aren't.

Man that's scary. Glad you're ok.

Glad you made it through no worse than you did.

Cars have come so far in protecting occupants.

Get well soon!

Holy Cow!!!! Glad you are okay, it is amazing what they have done with autos and the amount they can absorb. Glad the air bags worked properly.

I hate driving around in the winter, a lot less margin for error with other drivers. Hope you heal up nicely and I am glad you are relatively ok.

Glad to hear you’re ok!

Glad to hear you are safe and relatively ok. Heal up.

Glad you are ok, get well soon. :cool:(y)

Close call! Glad you're safe.

And the thing that scares me most nowadays is, with smartphones, everyone is essentially a distracted/drunk driver.

Although only in a couple accidents myself, I've handled probably 100s. Devastating results can and will be realized from a MUCH slower speed at impact. Pretty miraculous that yourself and the other driver didn't suffer worse.

So very glad you're gonna be OK. Rest up.

Sorry to hear about this. Happy to hear that everyone is ok. Hope you have no issues with your wrist.

Scary stuff. I drive close to 100 miles a day for work. My wife does also. It's the one thing that, in the back of my mind, scares the crap out of me sometimes.

Glad you're O.K. and hope you're on the mend soon, my friend.

So glad you are going to be okay. Events like this really remind us what is important, don't they?

Glad you’re okay!

Wow, scary. Glad you're ok! That car took a beating. I can't even tell what make it is.

Holy smokes. Glad to hear you’re doing okay. Get well soon!

Damn that is a rough accident, but glad to hear everyone is alright!

Wow, scary. Glad you're ok! That car took a beating. I can't even tell what make it is.

Thanks, everyone. For the record, it was a 2015 Honda Accord. I'm an even more raving fan now.

Back