One Length Fitting Tips from Jose Miraflor with Cobra Golf

This is great info. I am planning on trying the FTs at my iron fitting next week, and OL has intrigued me. I am going to give them a shot. I would go 4-PW in OL, and then run my CBX2 wedges in 50 and 56 and then my RTX 60 in VL. I'm kind of pumped at this idea after reading this thread.

This is great info. I am planning on trying the FTs at my iron fitting next week, and OL has intrigued me. I am going to give them a shot. I would go 4-PW in OL, and then run my CBX2 wedges in 50 and 56 and then my RTX 60 in VL. I'm kind of pumped at this idea after reading this thread.

Here's Bryson's OL rig:

SZ OL: 4-5i
FT OL: 6-9i
Then his wedges are custom OL.

You can buy single clubs and there is no discount for buying a "set".

Having played OL for two years, and if you're a good iron player, I'd go with his set up except add the FT PW. The added forgiveness and pop of the SZs on the long irons will be desirable.

I tried using a scientific approach when I ordered my FT OL set last year. I don't know if it's the right thing to do, but after testing the 5 iron I didn't quite see the distance that I would hope for compared to the 7, but loved the concept. I ordered my set individually through Cobra, but I made some adjustments of my own. To help with gapping, I ordered the 7-pw at 1* weak, standard 6, and 5 degree at 1* strong. It helped me get a little more distance from the long irons. The short irons are already relatively strong and hot, so I didn't see any fall off in those with the added loft.

This concept continues to intrigue me. My only hesitation is I want the 7 iron length for my 4/5-8 and then start going variable length after that. Also only Cobra is doing it and their clubs don't suit me as much as some other clubs.

Here's Bryson's OL rig:

SZ OL: 4-5i
FT OL: 6-9i
Then his wedges are custom OL.

You can buy single clubs and there is no discount for buying a "set".

Having played OL for two years, and if you're a good iron player, I'd go with his set up except add the FT PW. The added forgiveness and pop of the SZs on the long irons will be desirable.
Hypothetically, since my wife disagrees:
2021 has me in 4-6i in OL something more forgiving and 7-PW in something AWESOME. Realistically, 2021 will be what I have in the bag and 2022 has me in a OL combo set. My wife agrees with this idea
image.jpg

This concept continues to intrigue me. My only hesitation is I want the 7 iron length for my 4/5-8 and then start going variable length after that. Also only Cobra is doing it and their clubs don't suit me as much as some other clubs.
While I get it, that isn’t really the idea of one swing. It sounds more like you just want easier to hit long irons? I don’t mean that negatively. Have you tried the SPEEDZONE irons?

enjoyed all the posts. these interest me and the testing suggested is a good idea. For me, even if I saw something that looked promising on a monitor I think I'd have to bag them for a while to see the benefit or dis-benefit. I am reasonably certain that I hit my 6 to 8 irons the best in my bag. I'd think the 8 my optimal sweet spot but never really tested in a way that would confirm. Clearly I start to drop off with a 5i or 9i-GW

If I was going to redo my bag I would go OL- 3h,4h,5-9 and go standard length wedges.. All Speedzone irons.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

While I get it, that isn’t really the idea of one swing. It sounds more like you just want easier to hit long irons? I don’t mean that negatively. Have you tried the SPEEDZONE irons?

No, I don’t take this negatively. It’s accurate. I love the concept and am very intrigued by it but am not able to fully commit to it because of exactly this.

It just seems like a concept that a lot of people would benefit from.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I have the F7 OL, and have really enjoyed playing them for a few years now. I don't think I could ever go back to full bag VL without a massive period of readjustment. I have 5-PW OL and vokey sm6 52-54-60 for my wedges.

I fully beleive in Bryson's approach of removal of variability.... Just less things to think about in setup and over the ball. (positioning etc)

Early on I struggled to get the 5ir to be consistent for me and actually have a decent gap to my 6ir.

I've f8 4hy which I'm really tempted to try out the OL f9/SZ, but I'm not sold on that idea yet, need to test out at a fitter.

This is the last 6 months averages for me (w/roll not carry - as per golfpadgps) pretty happy with my gaps
Screenshot_20201024_223658.jpg

I have the F7 OL, and have really enjoyed playing them for a few years now. I don't think I could ever go back to full bag VL without a massive period of readjustment. I have 5-PW OL and vokey sm6 52-54-60 for my wedges.

I fully beleive in Bryson's approach of removal of variability.... Just less things to think about in setup and over the ball. (positioning etc)

Early on I struggled to get the 5ir to be consistent for me and actually have a decent gap to my 6ir.

I've f8 4hy which I'm really tempted to try out the OL f9/SZ, but I'm not sold on that idea yet, need to test out at a fitter.

This is the last 6 months averages for me (w/roll not carry - as per golfpadgps) pretty happy with my gaps
View attachment 8970888

Solid gapping right there

Going by carry distances with the F9s. My irons are +1". This was from a gapping session in February prior to lockdown on GC Quad with normal controllable swings.

Gap Session.jpg

There really isn't much difference between the length of the SL 5H and the +1" OL iron, but there was a difference in the feel. I could not hit the 5i in the set consistently so I went with a hybrid. I can imagine that the 37.5" OL 5H would feel like a Jr. club to some people. The 5i loft is 22.5 degrees. Experience has shown me that 24 degrees is my limit on irons. Below that loft I need hybrids or FW. I didn't have a 5W at the time of this gapping session, but picked up one a month ago and have a carry of about 208 with it.

No, I don’t take this negatively. It’s accurate. I love the concept and am very intrigued by it but am not able to fully commit to it because of exactly this.

It just seems like a concept that a lot of people would benefit from.
I think there is a lot to this. I don't take a ton of "full" swings with clubs below PW. So I went OL 4i-PW but everything else traditional. Because I didn't want to mess with my short game much.

I do think things is a good way for people to jump right in to OL. I mean no adjustment required with this set up. And most people struggle with 4/5/6 irons and this really solves that challenge.

While it's not one swing. Its still dramatically fewer swim has that VL irons. ~50% fewer

Back