One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

I think OL wedges would be fine, I would just want them to be like the length of a wedge. I feel like wedges are all the same length anyway. (Are they?)
I play OL 4-P @ 37” and three wedges @ 36”

I play OL 4-P @ 37” and three wedges @ 36”
I was very curious about your setup before The Morgan Cup. You have the same length woods too right? Like your woods are not 7 iron length, but all 5W length or something right.

So I’m sure this is in the thread but I’m curious now, do you keep the ball at midline for each iron shot (not sure how to phrase it so let me know if that doesn’t make sense)
Unless I’m trying to alter ball flight yes.

Consistency for me.
as Consistency is very much lacking in my irons, I’m thinking OL is very much in play for my next set of irons

What I like about OL is that because each iron is so similar, I feel like practicing with one iron = practicing all my irons. With VL I had more of a sense of having to spend time specifically on long, mid, and short irons. Same goes for on course adjustments, just removes a variable of shaft length where whatever miss I have that day should be pretty similar throughout the bag.

What I like about OL is that because each iron is so similar, I feel like practicing with one iron = practicing all my irons. With VL I had more of a sense of having to spend time specifically on long, mid, and short irons. Same goes for on course adjustments, just removes a variable of shaft length where whatever miss I have that day should be pretty similar throughout the bag.
Great point. And another positive for OL.

Right now I have a tendency to pull my short irons. Would be great to take that out of play

I was very curious about your setup before The Morgan Cup. You have the same length woods too right? Like your woods are not 7 iron length, but all 5W length or something right.
No sir, check out my signature for the full break down. Standard driver and hybrid lengths pretty much. In case you’re on mobile, here it is:

Cobra SZ Driver 44.5” Mitsubishi Diamana TB70 S
Cobra King Tec 2 Hybrid 41.25” Mitsubishi MMT80 S
Cobra King Tec 3 Hybrid 40.5” Mitsubishi MMT80 S
Edel SLS-01 4-P Irons 37" Paderson Kinetixx 95x Shafts 4-5 MIP + 6-P SIP
Edel DVR Wedges 46, 52 36" Dynamic Gold 120 S400
Cobra Snakebite Wedge 58 36" Dynamic Gold 120 S400
Sik Pro-C 41” Armlock, LAGP TPZ One80

No sir, check out my signature for the full break down. Standard driver and hybrid lengths pretty much. In case you’re on mobile, here it is:

Cobra SZ Driver 44.5” Mitsubishi Diamana TB70 S
Cobra King Tec 2 Hybrid 41.25” Mitsubishi MMT80 S
Cobra King Tec 3 Hybrid 40.5” Mitsubishi MMT80 S
Edel SLS-01 4-P Irons 37" Paderson Kinetixx 95x Shafts 4-5 MIP + 6-P SIP
Edel DVR Wedges 46, 52 36" Dynamic Gold 120 S400
Cobra Snakebite Wedge 58 36" Dynamic Gold 120 S400
Sik Pro-C 41” Armlock, LAGP TPZ One80
For future reference, if you are mobile, you can just turn your phone sideways.

Does anyone else play OL on tour other than Bryson?

My curiosity is winning out. I think I’m going to order a 21 degree hybrid OL in the LTDx range to try and demo. I don’t struggle with speed or ball height so it could really work as a true “rescue” style club.

My curiosity is winning out. I think I’m going to order a 21 degree hybrid OL in the LTDx range to try and demo. I don’t struggle with speed or ball height so it could really work as a true “rescue” style club.
Ooooh I like the thought of that

Last year I put a radspeed one length 3 hybrid in the bag and it was one of my favorite clubs to hit. It was my consistent 200 yard club!

This week is my first try at our annual Bandon Dunes competition with OL clubs. The practice round on the Preserve went well. Been birdieing tons of holes with these irons in recent months. I started tracking birdies in January and had 28 in 20 rounds, with a quarter of them on par 3s. My proximity to the hole on approaches has been much improved and I'm hitting the ball farther than ever. Still have some weird gapping: PW ~105 and 9I sometimes pushing 130, but usually 120-ish. Looking forward to a better finish this trip!

Last year I put a radspeed one length 3 hybrid in the bag and it was one of my favorite clubs to hit. It was my consistent 200 yard club!
I have the 3h radspeed as well, and it's my favourite club to hit too. It's very consistent and easy to use. My Arccos data also shows that it's my most accurate fairway club off the tee by about 10%, so it's a club that I will keep in the bag for a while.

Oddly, I don't really like the f9 one length 4H. I can't get good ball flight with it. I'm not sure if it's a result of the different stock shafts, but it just doesn't work well for me. I'm probably going to swap out the 4h to either a radspeed, or the LTDx in the same stock as the radspeed. It's only $20 more for the LTDx, so that one would probably win out.

I have the 3h radspeed as well, and it's my favourite club to hit too. It's very consistent and easy to use. My Arccos data also shows that it's my most accurate fairway club off the tee by about 10%, so it's a club that I will keep in the bag for a while.

Oddly, I don't really like the f9 one length 4H. I can't get good ball flight with it. I'm not sure if it's a result of the different stock shafts, but it just doesn't work well for me. I'm probably going to swap out the 4h to either a radspeed, or the LTDx in the same stock as the radspeed. It's only $20 more for the LTDx, so that one would probably win out.
Is your 3h also one length?

Anyone hit the LTDx OL yet. Looking for comparison to Radspeed in sound and feel.

One Lengthers! What does the top of your bag look consist of and how did you decide it that way??

if you have a hybrid, I’d it standard length or one length?

and If you started one way and it backfired, I’d be curious too lol

One Lengthers! What does the top of your bag look consist of and how did you decide it that way??

if you have a hybrid, I’d it standard length or one length?

and If you started one way and it backfired, I’d be curious too lol

Trial and error. added the radspeed 5i later.

OL 6i - part of KFT set - ~190
OL 5i - Radspeed - ~205 (the OL KFT 5i didn't quite split the 6i->4h gap as well, also easier to elevate - have debated a OL 5h here as well)

VL speedzone 4h - 220
VL speedzone strong 4i - 230+

My mental capacity to swing 8i speed starts to run out around 200 yards. :LOL:

Back