Order of importance… (to you).

How do these 3 things rate (in order of importance) to you…
1) optimum weather
2) good pace of play
3) fun playing partners
It’s a good question for discussion. In my case, the ranking would change frequently.

Optimum weather is not a priority for me. While I appreciate optimum weather when it happens, anything above 40 degrees and reasonably dry is fine. I actually like the challenges of playing under different conditions.

While I appreciate good pace of play, I’m retired. It’s not like an extra hour is going to cramp my day.

There are times when I really want a fun time with some good playing partners, times when I just want good company, thirst for a competitive round, or times when I’d prefer to be out there alone for the peace or to work on my game free of distractions.

1 - Pace. I dont want to rush I dont want to wait. I want to get to my ball, only focus on the shot, take the shot and repeat about 100 times.
2 - Playing Partners - If I am taking the time away from my family, I dont want to do so with someone who makes that time miserable
3 - Im from Cleveland. We play in anything as long as theyre letting us out

1. Playing partners
2. Pace of play
3. Weather

Partners and Pace are T1. Weather would be a very distant 3rd.

If the partners are good, I can deal with pace of play. I enjoy being on the course, so more time out there is better, right? I'll play in bad conditions and do regularly, but it's not nearly as enjoyable.

Fun playing partners
good weather
pace

I know this seems backwards, but if I'm with my buddies and we're joking and having a good time and the weather is nice, then I don't mind waiting a bit.
I feel the exact same way. I’ll never understand the golf as fast as you can folks. And I’m not surprised to see so many rank getting off the golf course in the least time possible is a majority pick. But it’s weird some would rather play fast than have a good time doing it.

partners
pace
weather.

With great partners, the other two can be overcome.

I feel the exact same way. I’ll never understand the golf as fast as you can folks. And I’m not surprised to see so many rank getting off the golf course in the least time possible is a majority pick. But it’s weird some would rather play fast than have a good time doing it.
Exactly. While I don't particularly like waiting, I'm at the golf course to get away from work, from the phone, etc. If I'm with someone and we can sit in the cart and tell stories and laugh and have a good time, then heck, give me a 6 hour round and we can laugh about how slow things are. I'll probably play like crap if it's that slow but oh well.

1) optimum weather
2) good pace of play
3) fun playing partners
Since we manage to get the first tee time every weekday, pace of play is not an issue, so 1, 3, 2 in that order.

More and more I just can't handle slow play. It is my golf version of becoming the old man that starts yelling at people to get off his lawn.

1. Pace, I hate 5 hour rounds.
2. Weather, I hate playing in the rain.
3. Partners, I can ignore the idiots.

Playing partners
Pace
Weather- i will play anytime

3-2-1

1) optimum weather
2) good pace of play
3) fun playing partners
2-3-1

3,2,1 for me )

Weather
Fun People
Pace

I love a good pace, but I can deal with a slow round when the weather is gorgeous and the company is fun. I don't like playing with Richards, but even if the partners are so-so company, great weather makes it better.

1. Weather. I'm pretty flexible and will enjoy playing in most anything (it's the PNW, weather can be a crap shoot), but if I see good weather in the extended forecast in spring or fall I'll burn PTO to get out. So I guess that evidence means it's most important to me.
2. Playing partners. I don't have many friends that golf so usually am playing with strangers and can get along with most anyone. But a stogie, music, bad attitude, or giver of unsolicited advice can really turn a round into a downer.
3. Pace. I don't like slow play any more than anyone else, but teeing off in the afternoon as I usually do often means the congestion has set in, and I'm fairly patient with it. Life may be too short to deal with a long round, but it's also too short to stress about it.

Weather
Pace
Playing partners

If the weather’s nice have no problem playing as a solo. I just like to play.

Partners
Pace
Weather

I have been paired up with some real a**holes during my life and nothing is more unbearable such that rather and endure it I have walked off after 9 on multiple occasions the past 10 years. If the guys/gals I am playing with are fun then I can endear slow play and not ideal weather.

Back