Order of importance… (to you).

1) Pace (this would be my #2 and #3 as well if I could)
2) Playing Partners (though if they suck I’ll play solo)
3) Weather (I’ll play in just about anything)

Fun playing partners, nothing can suck fun out of a round more than a doof.
Pace of play, no one wants to be out there for 6 hours.
Weather, that's a wide range for me so while I don't want to play in 50 and rain, it's lower on my list.

Fun playing partners
good weather
pace

I know this seems backwards, but if I'm with my buddies and we're joking and having a good time and the weather is nice, then I don't mind waiting a bit.

3 ) As long as we're having a good time and good laugh, it'll be a good round
2) Can't change pace of play, aside from getting marshal involved (if you can even find one). As long as it's not attrocious, I'm okay. I've only abandoned one round due to it. Even then it rarely does anything.
1) I live the in PNW, if I only played in optimum weather I'd not play that often!

1. Pace
2. Players
3. Weather
This is the only correct answer.

1 - Pace
2 - Playing Partners
3 - Weather

Pace (even with the best pards a 5+ hour round is a downer)
Partners
Weather

1. Pace
2. Playing Partners
3. Weather

Doesn't matter who I'm playing with if the pace is slow it affects me, whether I want it to or not. Weather...while it can hinder things, if we're going fast and I'm having fun - who cares.

Pace
Partners
Weather

Slow pace with the best group will undoubtedly make for a miserable time.

Weather with the best group can still be a fantastic day.

Slow pace is the absolute worst.

For me
Weather
Fun playing partner
Pace of play.

Reactions: Ooo
Pace of play is critical so that’s the highest priority.

Fun playing partners are what makes golf so special, especially when it’s randoms who turn out to be real cool.

Weather would be last unless it’s raining, I don’t like playing in the rain.

Good playing partners are essential and can make up for almost any other distraction.

Partners, pace, weather.

EDIT: above was the ideal. After some thought, the actual is

weather, pace, partners. And weather and pace may change based on coldness or rain.

Last edited:
1. Weather
2. Pace
3. Playing Partners
I play with the same group of good guys all the time and pace is seldom an issue. The only variable is the weather. If it’s too extreme either way, that’s about the only thing that will bother me

The order in the OP.

Weather
Pace
Partners

Weather first because my days of playing in steady rain or cold/windy are passed. Pace a close second because even good weather becomes a drag if you’re stop and go golf.

Playing partners is last because my regular partner is @golfinnut. If you can survive a round with him you can play with just about anyone 😜

Fun playing partners
good weather
pace

I know this seems backwards, but if I'm with my buddies and we're joking and having a good time and the weather is nice, then I don't mind waiting a bit.
Sounds about right to me…although I’m not much of a conversationalist golfing.

Pace
Playing partners
Weather

Partners
Pace
Weather

Bad playing partners can make even a 2 1/2 hour round feel like an eternity, and it can take some of the sting out of a 5 hour round if they're people you really enjoy being with. I'd rank Partners and Pace as 1a and 1b, though, because they're pretty close.

I've played in some pretty s***ty weather with fun people and had a great time, so weather ranks low on my list. It's a nice bonus, but not a necessity.

Partners,
Weather
Pace

Partners is always the priority, then I would like it to be decent weather.
Honestly, if Partner and Weather fit the bill, I could not care about Pace.

Back