Order of importance… (to you).

I would go:

Playing partners
Pace
Weather

That said I will play alone If I can’t find people to play with. I do hate slow play but it is more bearable if I am playing with fun people. I will play in most any weather.

How do these 3 things rate (in order of importance) to you…
1) optimum weather
2) good pace of play
3) fun playing partners
These days, it's 3, 1, and 2 in that order. I'm not sure what it would've been 30-40 years ago.

Fun playing partners are always a good thing. Fun people breed a relaxed playing atmosphere. A relaxed golfer plays better golf.

I like playing in shorts, and short sleeve weather. I'm looking forward to our high temperature summer weather. That said, I will play in any tye of weather, that's safe t play in.

Pace of play is no big deal to me. I simply don't care. I can play at what ever speed the course is moving that day. My preshot routine takes care it.

1 playing partners
2: weather - nothing better on a nice day
3: pace - both of the above can offset pace of play. My friday rounds are close to 6 hours and we don’t mind.

Fun playing partners
Weather
Pace

1) optimum weather
2) good pace of play
3) fun playing partners
3, 1, 2

Fun playing partners
good weather
pace

I know this seems backwards, but if I'm with my buddies and we're joking and having a good time and the weather is nice, then I don't mind waiting a bit.
Not backwards to me. I'm the same.

I enjoy the social aspect
I don't enjoy playing in bad weather
Pace doesn't bother. I have enough stress outside of golf such that I don't allow things like pace of play to bother. I'm just happy that I can play golf.

1) optimum weather
2) good pace of play
3) fun playing partners
2, 1, 3 (though it’s really 2b)

Weather
Pace
Partners

Weather first because my days of playing in steady rain or cold/windy are passed. Pace a close second because even good weather becomes a drag if you’re stop and go golf.

Playing partners is last because my regular partner is @golfinnut. If you can survive a round with him you can play with just about anyone 😜

Just be glad you have a playing partner ;)

1) optimum weather
2) good pace of play
3) fun playing partners
1) good pace of play
2) fun playing partners
3) optimum weather

It is hard to have fun when one is slogging around the course at a 5+ hour pace. I like a good group but they don't need to be fun, just not butt heads. Weather? I play in all sorts of conditions and acceptable weather works.

1. Fun playing partners. This can make or break a round. I WILL have a good time even if pace is slow and the weather crappy if I am around fun people.
  2. Pace of play. A 5 hour round is obnoxious. End statement.
  3. Weather. Throw in a few more variables because why not? It can be a bit much if it is rainy, windy, and cold, but 2 out of the 3 is ok.

Partners
Pace
Weather

Bad playing partners can make even a 2 1/2 hour round feel like an eternity, and it can take some of the sting out of a 5 hour round if they're people you really enjoy being with. I'd rank Partners and Pace as 1a and 1b, though, because they're pretty close.

I've played in some pretty s***ty weather with fun people and had a great time, so weather ranks low on my list. It's a nice bonus, but not a necessity.
I agree with this pretty well. I will say a beautiful day and a round with great friends and I don't really worry about the pace. Waiting sucks but sucks a little less if there's nowhere I'd rather be.

1) optimum weather
2) good pace of play
3) fun playing partners
#1 Pace of play - will always be # 1
#2 playing partners - I dont NEED them to be fun (theres alot of variation in there) but it helps
#3 optimum weather - last because, as long as its not freezing or a torrential down pour, I enjoy playing in any weather.

Playing partners
Pace
Weather

If I'm with some decent people, I can stand to be around them a little longer. I 'm not looking for a five hour round, but I'd rather be stuck with friends on the course for five hours than a bunch of schmucks for any amount of time.

Weather
Partners
Pace

I’m immune to slow play. It’s a gift. Just keep up as best you can.

Pace
Partners

Weather

If the first two are good the third doesn't matter. I nudge pace over partners as a quick round with meh to me is better than a drag with buddies.

1. Partners
2. Weather
3. Pace

Bad playing partner and bad weather can make a round miserable. If 1 and 1 are good I can tolerate 3.

Pace and Weather are 1A and 1B to me. I hate trying to play in crappy weather. It just bugs me. I would put fun playing partners as 3rd, but only because something on the list has to be. I can make a case for it being first.

1. Pace
2. Players
3. Weather

I‘ve spent most of my life in WI and MN so I can tolerate cold and windy weather better than most. Some of my best rounds last year were with temps in the 40’s.

I choose not to play golf if the pace is over 4.5 hours and I‘m lucky that I rarely have a round that goes longer than 4 hours.

1. Pace
2. Weather
3. Playing partners

Play a lot of rounds as a single paired up with others so I’m pretty flexible with playing partners. That said, I could also make the case for weather and playing partners to be swapped.

Pace
Playing Partners
Weather

Even being out there in the best weather with the best playing partners, a horrible pace can ruin the day.

1. Good People: they can make waiting and weather much more bearable
2. Pace: I don’t like waiting much
3. Weather: I’m pretty much all conditions golfer so this one doesn’t bother me much

Fun playing partners
good weather
pace

I know this seems backwards, but if I'm with my buddies and we're joking and having a good time and the weather is nice, then I don't mind waiting a bit.
Agree 100% with this. Give me fun peeps to play with and a beautiful day. I can deal w/ a slow pace if the other 2 are right.

Playing partners
Weather
Pace

If the weather is nice and the pace is good, but the group isn't fun I'm not going to enjoy it.

If the pace is fast and the group is fun, but weather less than ideal I can enjoy it.

If the weather is nice and the group is fun, but the pace slow...I can't find much issue with being outside in nice weather with people I like.
I'm usually waiting a lot anyways.

Back