Overland Pk and Kansas City Recommendations

Steve2100

Manifesting
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
real 18 hc
Last week of July my wife is taking a class in Overland Pk and I am driving with golf clubs in tow. Any nearby courses or eatery recommendations would be appreciated!

Firestick is a good course.

is 3 hours away considered "nearby"? ;)

For eats, you have to dine on some BBQ. Joe's KC, Q39 and Jack Stack all have restaurants in OP.

How are St Andrews or Iron Horse?
Iron Horse is a good public course. Sycamore is about 25 minutes south and considered one of the better public courses out south.

Jack Stack BBQ. Tell Joe Barone I sent you!

St. Andrews is a great public track. Tee times are always full, but if you are a single you can probably get one.

@Steve2100 Depends on how far you are willing to drive - The best Public Courses in KC (IMHO)

• Ironhorse
  • Stone Canyon
  • Falcon Lakes
  • Sycamore Ridge

As far as food - Have to go BBQ
  • Joes
  • Q39
  • Slaps
  • Stay away from Gates, please.
  • Jack Stack isn't bad - Sides are better than the meat

St. Andrews is a great public track. Tee times are always full, but if you are a single you can probably get one.
Very walkable if you like that. I will caution that it is a fun track but it does get a ton of play so the greens can leave some to be desired due to inconsiderate players not fixing their pitch marks.

@TRyan what was that woodland type course we played with a big group back in 2015. Not the one we played for the Invitational, but the day before. I liked that one.

@TRyan what was that woodland type course we played with a big group back in 2015. Not the one we played for the Invitational, but the day before. I liked that one.

Shoal Creek? I have slept a LOOOOT since 2015.

1689345725035.png

In other news - Prairie Highlands (where we did the invitational) has gone Private

Shoal Creek? I have slept a LOOOOT since 2015.

View attachment 9192644

In other news - Prairie Highlands (where we did the invitational) has gone Private

I really can't remember. There were a lot of trees and it was really green. I seem to remember hills too.

Back