Pączki - Fat Tuesday tradition

never heard of them before now but that picture looks delicious

It looks like a jelly donut. Am I missing something?
It's not jelly, fruit based fillings, I love the rose & cherry ones, plus these a sweet cheese filling they do as well which is incredible (I married into a Polak family)

paczki-day-spots-chicago-photo-credit-delightful-pastries.jpg
Happy Paczki Day 2024!

Don't really participate anymore but now I want one

Yes, they are fantastic. We have a local Bakery a few minutes from the house (Stan's) that is very well known in NE Ohio.

I’m craving one of this right now from my roots back in Detroit!!!

I recently had a box of them purchased at the local grocery store in Connecticut.

and now we know what lunch will be...

Drove up to our Parlor Dooughnuts to pickup a couple of apple filled as proxy-packis today to have for dessert tonight. Closest I can get. Our Publix had some packis the other day, but they were good through yesterday, which is dumb.

I saw some of these at Publix Sunday. I didn't know what they were. I passed on them. While I may regret the flavor and taste that I missed, I won't regret missing out on the calories.

They’re huge around here. My buddy tried to tempt me at a SB gathering the other night. Wasn’t easy to decline.

My wife bought 14 dozen for her work.
I told her to bring home the leftovers.
I have boxing tonight, I'll burn it all off (plus the Chipotle from lunch).

My wife bought 14 dozen for her work.
I told her to bring home the leftovers.
I have boxing tonight, I'll burn it all off (plus the Chipotle from lunch).
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

Thought I share. This place does make a good one.
View attachment 9070873
Wow! Oddly enough, or maybe not, the best locally made paczkis are from a Jewish deli. There wasa TV news segment about them running out last year and facing the wrath of irate customers! They vowed that they would not run out this year. I never made it there, so I missed out. There are the boxed paczkis in the grocery stores, but they are definitely an inferior product.

When my folks visited New Orleans my Mom said all kinds of people told them that they had to try the beignets. One day out sightseeing my Mom spots a coffee shop so they stop for a cup. Seeing that they had beignets my Mom ordered one. She told me it's basically a paczki without the filling.

Back