Pączki - Fat Tuesday tradition

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Fat Tuesday tradition in Poland (actually on Thursday before Ash Wednesday in Poland), and thus in cities like Chicago or Cleveland, pączki are deep-fried balls of dough filled with jelly or cream. Lines go for hours at some of the bakeries in Cleveland.

Have you ever had pączki? My favorites have a fruit filling, never cream.

1646143310773.png

Just picked up a dozen this morning for the guys at work. Kiedrowski's in Amherst is as good as it gets

Have I had one? UmmmmmYEAH :ROFLMAO: Big polish communities around here and these are tasty. Fruit over cream always. Sadly after hearing the calories involved with eating these I might only have one now instead of 3 :oops:

Never met a "poonch-key" I didn't like! Fruit or custard fine by me!

Very much enjoy them, fruit over cream, but I'd gladly do either!

Ugh, we have a very large Polish population in Milwaukee. We picked up 3 dozen yesterday and will have a fun Fat Tuesday party tonight with the neighbors and friends. Plus Ellin is making a King Cake, not really cake but sort of cinnamon braided bread.

I stared at the table of boxes of them on Saturday then walked away.... Will Power!!!!
Of course we're going to a Thai restaurant tonight and my buddy says we're splitting the family-sized sushi boat... so there's that for Fat Tuesday.

Ugh...I want some!!!

Wow, I didn't even realize that Fat Tuesday was today. It used to be a big party day for me back in the college days.

A Fat Tuesday tradition in Poland (actually on Thursday before Ash Wednesday in Poland), and thus in cities like Chicago or Cleveland, pączki are deep-fried balls of dough filled with jelly or cream. Lines go for hours at some of the bakeries in Cleveland.

Have you ever had pączki? My favorites have a fruit filling, never cream.

View attachment 9070812
Jack Frost Donuts down in the Old Brooklyn Neighborhood are one of the best.
I like just about all the fillings.

Strong Polish population in NE Wisco too. Pączkis are so damn good. So. Damn. Good.

didnt realize this was big here in CLE and not so much across the country...

Usually good for 1 or 2 raspberry or blueberry

Also a quick search and realized I have the best ones very near by!

Since being in NE PA past few months and much Polish influence here. Local place has a special every Wed Pagash. It is sublime. Love me some Paczki too.

Just picked up a dozen this morning for the guys at work. Kiedrowski's in Amherst is as good as it gets

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA.............

Wow, I didn't even realize that Fat Tuesday was today. It used to be a big party day for me back in the college days.

Fat Tueday is just "normal" tuesday for me.....:(

Well that sure beats the batch of pancake batter I have sitting on my counter, resting up for cooking at lunchtime!

Thought I share. This place does make a good one.
1646161658409.png

Never even heard of this. Came home early and my mother-in-law left some here.image.jpg

Ugh, we have a very large Polish population in Milwaukee. We picked up 3 dozen yesterday and will have a fun Fat Tuesday party tonight with the neighbors and friends. Plus Ellin is making a King Cake, not really cake but sort of cinnamon braided bread.
Where in Milwaukee do you get yours from?

It looks like a jelly donut. Am I missing something?
In a very simple way, it's a jelly donut.
But it's not. The dough is a little different.
If you had each back to back your can tell the difference straight away.
I do know a few people you think they taste the same.

Back