Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

No worries brother. I'm just gonna try and sneak out for a quick, cheap morning round at Raspberry Ridge tomorrow or something, because I booked a lesson for Sunday which will eat up some of my round budget.

Boys I am in it to win it for the Gauntlet! Air miles means the weekend would only cost me the entry fee, hotel, and food (and sharing a rental with somebody probably).
Airline miles FTW...I know that one all too well.

Airline miles FTW...I know that one all too well.

Flying a lot for work in the past couple months has paid off, I have over 30k miles on both Alaska and Delta.

The more challenging bit is vacation time, I only have like 5 days left for the year including stuff I already have booked in July. I'll have no problem getting it approved, I just won't be able to take much time late in the year. Totally worth it though.

Has anybody had much luck getting discounted rates from calling proshops in the area? I hear from time to time people brag how they never pay rack rate and they get steep discounts just by asking. I, however, don't seem to ever be able to get much. I rely almost entirely on early bird rates.

Im going to be playing Tobiano, The Dunes and Rivershore up in Kamloops in July and so I took a swing at getting some discounted rates. The Dunes was generous and promised the local rate as long as I got a cart which is great. Tobiano was not receptive at all. Its all fine that they didn't want to give me a discount during a summer weekend but I didn't know if Im just doing something wrong or if they just don't give them out.

Has anybody had much luck getting discounted rates from calling proshops in the area? I hear from time to time people brag how they never pay rack rate and they get steep discounts just by asking. I, however, don't seem to ever be able to get much. I rely almost entirely on early bird rates.

Im going to be playing Tobiano, The Dunes and Rivershore up in Kamloops in July and so I took a swing at getting some discounted rates. The Dunes was generous and promised the local rate as long as I got a cart which is great. Tobiano was not receptive at all. Its all fine that they didn't want to give me a discount during a summer weekend but I didn't know if Im just doing something wrong or if they just don't give them out.
I've honestly never tried. The only discounts I ever get are discounted online rates, or coupon deals. I didn't even know that was an option. Id imagine it depends how much the course wants to get people out though. Tobiano is a well known course, so they don't really need the help, whereas some other tracks might give the discount to get players out.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Anybody want to play this Saturday or Sunday?

Anybody want to play this Saturday or Sunday?

I may be up for something on Sunday. But I will have to let you know later on in the week

I may be up for something on Sunday. But I will have to let you know later on in the week
Keep me posted bud, sounds good

It's not looking promising for me this weekend, and I'll be out of town next weekend.

It's not looking promising for me this weekend, and I'll be out of town next weekend.

Lame! No worries brother. We'll have to catch up once you get back. I'm out of town Memorial Day weekend, but starting in June we should have a chance.

Speaking of which, we have a plant shutdown on Thursday the 26th, if anyone else happens to be free that day.

I'm leaning toward coming up with the family on July 2 for a Mariners game then looking to play 18 Sunday morning, maybe at University Club - though I'm open to other options. Anyone interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm leaning toward coming up with the family on July 2 for a Mariners game then looking to play 18 Sunday morning, maybe at University Club - though I'm open to other options. Anyone interested?

I'm definitely interested! We'll just have to plan it out, but I'd love to give it a shot.

Where is University Club? I'm not familiar with that one. In the Seattle area, good options I know of are Washington National, Newcastle (though pricey), Redmond Ridge, and Harbour Pointe (I think Dr RosenRosen plays there?).

Unrelated point - is anyone in here thinking about going to the Women's PGA Championship at Sahalee next month? My fiance isn't too interested, but I'd love to go and curious if anybody else is interested.

I'm definitely interested! We'll just have to plan it out, but I'd love to give it a shot.

Where is University Club? I'm not familiar with that one. In the Seattle area, good options I know of are Washington National, Newcastle (though pricey), Redmond Ridge, and Harbour Pointe (I think Dr RosenRosen plays there?).
I probably have the name wrong. University of Washington? As I remember it, the place was NE of Tacoma.

Washington National is nice, but it won't knock your socks off...

Personally, I want another shot at Chambers. The Home Course is also great. And you know about Gold Mountain...

We definitely enjoyed the Home Course when we played it. I had my only eagle there last year!

As for Chambers? I'll be honest, I'm not interested in paying the ridiculous fee they charge in the summer. $215 plus 14% worh of taxes, which makes it almost a $250 round. And they appear to have eliminated twilight rates, which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life (http://www.chambersbaygolf.com/golf/rates-and-services/)

We definitely enjoyed the Home Course when we played it. I had my only eagle there last year!

As for Chambers? I'll be honest, I'm not interested in paying the ridiculous fee they charge in the summer. $215 plus 14% worh of taxes, which makes it almost a $250 round. And they appear to have eliminated twilight rates, which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life (http://www.chambersbaygolf.com/golf/rates-and-services/)

No twilight rates? In the words of Seth and Amy: REALLY??!! Well, that is just stupid.

There is a course called White Horse that is just a short ferry ride from Seattle. (They'll even pick you up from the ferry.) I've heard it is really awesome.

http://www.whitehorsegolf.com/

I'm sorry to say I'm with SkiBum on Chambers. A summer round would cost me over 3 bills, which I'm not interested in doing.

I really enjoyed Olympic/Gold and would happily play it again. The Home Course was solid, that is fine also. I thought some guys were raving about WN, which is why I wanted to give it a try. If its not worth making a special trip for I'm perfectly happy with Gold or THC or something else if you guys think it is worth it.

I'm sorry to say I'm with SkiBum on Chambers. A summer round would cost me over 3 bills, which I'm not interested in doing.

I really enjoyed Olympic/Gold and would happily play it again. The Home Course was solid, that is fine also. I thought some guys were raving about WN, which is why I wanted to give it a try. If its not worth making a special trip for I'm perfectly happy with Gold or THC or something else if you guys think it is worth it.

Washington National used to be great. My understanding, although I haven't played it in awhile, is that they've let it go a bit. That may just be rumor, however.

I'll talk to the pros at my club. Maybe they could get you (us?) on a private and/or semi-private course (although I doubt it would be Sahalee). Maybe we could negotiate our way onto TPC Snoqualmie or Aldarra. Now that would be fun...

Washington National used to be great. My understanding, although I haven't played it in awhile, is that they've let it go a bit. That may just be rumor, however.

I'll talk to the pros at my club. Maybe they could get you (us?) on a private and/or semi-private course (although I doubt it would be Sahalee). Maybe we could negotiate our way onto TPC Snoqualmie or Aldarra. Now that would be fun...

That would be sick! That's OK on Sahalee, I'm pretty sure that course would eat my lunch anyways.

As the others said, I was a big fan of both Gold Mountain and The Home Course. White Horse looks cool, and not too expensive.

I like the idea of getting on a cool private / semi-private track.

And by way of inference, we've got SkiBum and DrRosenRosen expressing interest and Checkered and Army lurking about but staying quiet. Anyone else interested in joining us?

I like the idea of getting on a cool private / semi-private track.

And by way of inference, we've got SkiBum and DrRosenRosen expressing interest and Checkered and Army lurking about but staying quiet. Anyone else interested in joining us?
Im still trying to figure out May Long weekend, let alone July long weekend lol.

I may be down depending on how the funds are and the price of the track we're playing.

I am interested in possibly playing in July. I just don't know enough right now to commit really.

Unrelated point - is anyone in here thinking about going to the Women's PGA Championship at Sahalee next month? My fiance isn't too interested, but I'd love to go and curious if anybody else is interested.
I need to look up when this is. I would love to go.

I am interested in possibly playing in July. I just don't know enough right now to commit really.

I need to look up when this is. I would love to go.
It's June 9-12. I'd probably be looking to go on Saturday June 11.

Back