Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

I'm interested if it's not going to be too expensive.

I would be down to play

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Moving thoughts to more immediate times, does anyone want to play this weekend? Gulby, you figure out of you can play Sunday?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Moving thoughts to more immediate times, does anyone want to play this weekend? Gulby, you figure out of you can play Sunday?

I can do absolute dawn patrol tomorrow if you want bud!

Gonna play Westwood Plateau on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can do absolute dawn patrol tomorrow if you want bud!
I'm down if we can find a time - where would you want to play?

I'm down if we can find a time - where would you want to play?

Only place that has room up here still is Northview Ridge from 6:54am to 7:12am, how do you feel about that? I'm a little squeezed for time tomorrow so I prefer this side of the border, but I'm not sure what your situation is.

Only place that has room up here still is Northview Ridge from 6:54am to 7:12am, how do you feel about that? I'm a little squeezed for time tomorrow so I prefer this side of the border, but I'm not sure what your situation is.
Oof. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't really want to get up quite THAT early haha, I didn't sleep well last night. Looking down here, everything is slammed too - NoBel has like 645 and that's it.

Probably best if we hold off for another weekend, but I appreciate the offer brother!

Oof. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't really want to get up quite THAT early haha, I didn't sleep well last night. Looking down here, everything is slammed too - NoBel has like 645 and that's it.

Probably best if we hold off for another weekend, but I appreciate the offer brother!

I can do NoBell at 6:45 if you're up for it lol. Otherwise we'll try again next time

I can do NoBell at 6:45 if you're up for it lol. Otherwise we'll try again next time
Sorry man, I'm gonna be a pansy this time haha. We'll try again next time. I'm gone Memorial Day weekend but after that we should be able to play

I feel so lame haha. But I don't want to make you drive down here and then have the border wait be bad and have you miss where you need to be.

Played Mayfair Lakes today...fairways and greens in really good shape, I was impressed. Saw a Taylormade demo day at the range, took a lot of self control to leave right away after my round!

The Ridge will be in primo shape by next weekend I figure. It was good today but with one more week the greens will catch up to the rest of the course

The Ridge will be in primo shape by next weekend I figure. It was good today but with one more week the greens will catch up to the rest of the course
That's good to hear, but still very surprising how iffy the greens have been up to this point.

Are they at max rate yet or does that hit next month?

That's good to hear, but still very surprising how iffy the greens have been up to this point.

Are they at max rate yet or does that hit next month?

Rate is 69 Canal, 79 Ridge for now.

The greens have been interesting this year. They are ROCK hard and non-receptive while at the same time rolling a little slow. It's a crazy combo.

Rate is 69 Canal, 79 Ridge for now.

The greens have been interesting this year. They are ROCK hard and non-receptive while at the same time rolling a little slow. It's a crazy combo.
It's like the exact opposite of Sawgrass, at least according to Kuch haha. Yeah that's really disorienting. Sounds like once they cut em short and maybe water them a bit they'll be primo

Washington National used to be great. My understanding, although I haven't played it in awhile, is that they've let it go a bit. That may just be rumor, however.

I'll talk to the pros at my club. Maybe they could get you (us?) on a private and/or semi-private course (although I doubt it would be Sahalee). Maybe we could negotiate our way onto TPC Snoqualmie or Aldarra. Now that would be fun...

Apparently, I don't know what I'm talking about. Washington National is still great, PROVIDED that you play it in June, July, or August. My understanding is they only focus their maintenance on those three months and then ignore it for the rest of the time.

If that is the case, Washington National would be a fun course. If we wanted to do a 54-hole extravaganza, however, we should do:

Gold Mountain - http://www.goldmountaingolf.com/
McCormick Woods - http://www.mccormickwoodsgolf.com/
Trophy Lake - http://www.trophylakegolf.com/

Apparently, I don't know what I'm talking about. Washington National is still great, PROVIDED that you play it in June, July, or August. My understanding is they only focus their maintenance on those three months and then ignore it for the rest of the time.

If that is the case, Washington National would be a fun course. If we wanted to do a 54-hole extravaganza, however, we should do:

Gold Mountain - http://www.goldmountaingolf.com/
McCormick Woods - http://www.mccormickwoodsgolf.com/
Trophy Lake - http://www.trophylakegolf.com/
for the July 4 weekend thing I'll be squeezing 18 in over a family weekend so the extravaganza isn't in the cards for me on that trip.

Unfortunately I'm probably with Frank, I don't know that I'll be able to swing a 54 hole golf weekend then, my fiance will be pretty pissed that I ditched her all weekend haha.

Washington National would be solid, and I've heard Trophy Lake is fantastic. Haven't heard as much about McCormick, but it definitely looks solid. I will say, WN is in the most convenient location, however.

Gold Mountain is great, but I'd prefer to play a track I haven't played before I think.

I'll come down for a day and play a track with you guys but anything more is too expensive with the exchange and not having a place to crash

Playing The Rise in Vernon this weekend. Nice Fred Couples track. Looks pretty nice and for $100 with a cart don't know if I can complain too much.

I might have to take the 28-29 off to recoup but would be up to play something the 4-5 weekend for who ever is interested.

Playing The Rise in Vernon this weekend. Nice Fred Couples track. Looks pretty nice and for $100 with a cart don't know if I can complain too much.

I might have to take the 28-29 off to recoup but would be up to play something the 4-5 weekend for who ever is interested.

I'll be playing The Rise on Monday as well. It's pretty tricked out and gimmicky but fun.

39803d014b88aaf20c6c176fdf44c85f.jpg

fd306ec4039d1468663c8cd0302430a2.jpg

7db0d21065318f29aec5bcd61b20ef60.jpg

I'll come down for a day and play a track with you guys but anything more is too expensive with the exchange and not having a place to crash

This goes out to anyone that is making the trek - whether down from Canada (or South Canada (Bellingham)), or coming up from Oregon, I have a guest room if you want a place to crash. Just let me know.

I should be available to play that weekend. If anybody else happens to be off work on the 26th, I'll probably be playing that day as well.

This goes out to anyone that is making the trek - whether down from Canada (or South Canada (Bellingham)), or coming up from Oregon, I have a guest room if you want a place to crash. Just let me know.

Appreciate that man! I'll leave the room open for those coming from further than I first.

I play WANA quite often. It's in good shape year round imo, but can get pretty soggy when it's wet.

Bellingham guys - I'm playing Shuksan this weekend. It'll be my first time. Any tips? Course review? Thanks in advance.

Back