Packing For a Month Long Golf Excursion

I'm the idiot that thinks he packed everything and then ends up having to supplement at the pro shop for a trip like that.

I'm also the guy that has a fresh shirt and pair of jeans in all of my vehicles......😆

Ive given the math of the cost of a foursome on WGP many times previously.
Want to throw up. Add all five of these together and it makes you want to **** your pants. :ROFLMAO:
You already almost did that once, better pack for that scenario too. ;)

God I am an overpacker so I would be toast.

Shoes and any golf related items that aren't clothes gotta stay in the vehicle the whole time I'd imagine. Belts and hats to a minimum to save space.

Mix and match options makes sense when you can. I'm not one to re-wear golf pants or shirts without washing them, but if it came down to needing to re-wear between laundry, you'll want the option.

Feel like you're in a spot where you literally can't underpack underwear :ROFLMAO: no matter how much you bring, you'll always gotta be in a fresh pair...especially from playing to post round

For meetings and lounging I'd try and reuse good pants if you can keep them from getting wrinkled and ruined in between.

I’d pack several outfits and plan on laundry if that’s an option.

Now that it’s getting close to summer time. Maybe a pair of pants and warmers clothing if going somewhere on the cusp.

Rain gear.
2 pairs of golf shoes.

The harder part is non golf attire.

I don't have anywhere near enough golf clothes, so would pack everything I have with the plan of laundry and purchases along the way. Shoes and hats I would have plenty of and would pack 4 or 5 of each probably. Try to remember things like Advil, bandaids, anything I "might" need, but plan to have to make some trips for things I forgot or didn't think of. Driving definitely makes it easier in some ways as you obviously have more room.

I'm not one to re-wear golf pants or shirts without washing them, but if it came down to needing to re-wear between laundry, you'll want the option.
There is less than zero percent chance I would ever do that. Fortunately pro shops exist and good ones

Wait, reusing golf shorts or pants after playing? Tell me it aint so.
I have done it. I don't prefer it by any means, but I sure don't have 30 pair of shorts/pants. I have a lot more shirts than pants/shorts. I just got done with a 2 day/2 night trip and had 6 shirts and 6 bottoms and 10 underwear.

I don't think a 30 day trip would work for me.

Traveling in my own vehicle: id bring A small box of trash bags and gallon sized ziplocs. The ziplocs are so darn versatile.

One of my favorite (but incredibly wasteful) things I ALWAYS do is throw away my socks and underwear after wearing them. Buy some new ones ahead of time before the journey begins. Then as the trip goes on, the gross stuff never stays with you AND your load gets lightened!

I have done it. I don't prefer it by any means, but I sure don't have 30 pair of shorts/pants. I have a lot more shirts than pants/shorts.
Yeah, I could easily pull it off with everything but pants/shorts. Combined I "MIGHT" have 15 - and that would be a stretch I think probably closer to 10ish that are golfable.

Driving from one to the other to the other, etc. Other than one back to back at Ballyhack.
I think the plan is 14 days worth of clothes. And figure it out.
Yeah, I would probably go with 14 days worth too. But you probably will need to have 2 or 3 outfits a day I would imagine depending on the rounds of golf played on any given day.

I'm assuming golf attire works for everything.

I would have a few pairs of golf slacks for dinner that I could recycle.
14 pair of shorts
I would pack 2 shirts per day. Probably a few days where you can only need 1.
I would have underwear and socks for the whole month.
4 pairs of shoes.
A few quarter zips
My rain gear.
Some gym shorts, sweats, and tee shirts for nighttime.

I honestly don't think I have enough clothes to do this. I would need to account for at least 3 laundry trips.

Bring at least a grand in cash. If I didn't keep cash stashed in my truck I would have been screwed during the great blackout when noting electronic functioned.

Pack clothing for every possible contingency.

Extra Eyewear and meds are a must.

Are you coming to MI?

I don’t even know how I would attack this. Probably pack every pair of golf shorts/pants that I have and 10-12 polos (because obviously you’re buying more at the pro shop) and 10 or so 1/4 zips. I would only do like two or three pairs of shoes. And pack for some sort of weather
Apparently I need way more quarter zips. I think I only own 4 or 5.

i've done this before for long fishing and hunting trips; driving offers a lot of options as you're not limited by checking bags.

1) make a list of what you absolutely need to be survivable. this is just the stuff you can't easily buy somewhere if you forget it.
- wallet, ID, medicine, glasses, laptop, etc., and pack these in a separate carry bag
2) pack a suitcase exactly the same as you would for a long weekend.
- all of the starting lineup goes in here, plus hygiene items
3) pack extra bags for extended use.
- all of the bench players from the closet
- all of the weather contingency items

Yes. I have an assorted dozen or more of different weights, I don't often wear them golfing but they are wonderful because not every day is 60 and sunny.

Feel free to supplement with hoodies as well

I have done a 20 day stay in Scotland/Ireland with 1 laundry refresh (golf bag went with me) and a 6 week stay in Israel with multiple laundry refreshes (no golf bag). Where you gain an advantage over me is you can drive and have extra storage in your car, where you lose the advantage is taking all the swag with you. That will eat up your storage for sure.

1. Figure out the longest stretch where laundry will not happen and plan for that amount of time.
2. After something is used for golf it is dirty. You can use something to have dinner in then use for golf the next day but not the other way around (you already know this)
3. Rain gear and golf jacket can be packed. If you need something else to be warm you probably have swag for that or hit the pro shop.
4. For me it is about multiple hats. Again this could be a pro shop thing but they don't take too much space.

Me I am packing all the swag, golf clubs, monitors first then seeing how much space I have. If that is room for 1 bag then so be it, if I can get away with 2-3 bags then it becomes easier.

A week’s worth of clothes +1 extra outfit. Every decent hotel I’ve ever stayed at has laundry service and some have coin operated machines to do your own. If you’re staying in hotels that don’t offer it every city has a fluff and fold laundry service. Also bring a bottle of febreeze for just in case.

For outerwear pack stuff that can be layered if it’s extra cold.

2 pairs of golf shoes.

Unless you’re going to the boonies you are rarely more than 30 minutes from a Walmart or target if you forget something non-golf related.

Just don't forget the flip flops. Seriously do the dormie properties have laundry available? That would certainly make it easier.

Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF by HULU

If only I could pack as efficiently as my wife does. She took a 14-day trip to Paris a few years back, and fit everything she needed into a large purse, not even as big as a backpack. It's a concept I can't even grasp.

well fortunately you are driving and it should be fairly warm for the large majority of the time, hopefully you have a nice large SUV or maybe a full on sprinter van! I personally would plan on doing laundry 3-4 times during a trip that long. I would probably take 10 golf shirts, 5 pair of pants, 8 pair of shorts. 12 pair undies, 12 pair socks. A full set of rain gear (maybe 2) and probably 3 pair of golf shoes. You might can go lighter on the pants and shorts (and socks and undies for that matter) if you try to get in a laundry session between each experience. Add in whatever other necessities are needed (pajamas/sleepwear, toiletries, etc)

If it weren't for the fact that you will be in pictures and need that amount for variety you could cut that in half and do laundry every 3 days or so.

A week’s worth of clothes +1 extra outfit. Every decent hotel I’ve ever stayed at has laundry service and some have coin operated machines to do your own. If you’re staying in hotels that don’t offer it every city has a fluff and fold laundry service. Also bring a bottle of febreeze for just in case.

For outerwear pack stuff that can be layered if it’s extra cold.

2 pairs of golf shoes.

Unless you’re going to the boonies you are rarely more than 30 minutes from a Walmart or target if you forget something non-golf related.
Unfortunately Dormie Stays are not hotels, so I will need more than one weeks worth of clothes.

If only I could pack as efficiently as my wife does. She took a 14-day trip to Paris a few years back, and fit everything she needed into a large purse, not even as big as a backpack. It's a concept I can't even grasp.
Im guessing your wife isn't 6'14 like you are, so clothes are a bit smaller :ROFLMAO:

I bring all my golf shirts, half my golf bottoms, 3-4 layering options, lots of underwear and socks, at least 3 pairs of golf shoes

Back