Par Yearly Average Increase.

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
I was laying here taking a look at last year and the previous years tournament results of mine (I can't wait for the snow to be gone) and I noticed something that I'm sure everyone improves on.

Do you notice as the years go by and you improve the number of pars on your scorecard gently increases? (or average pars a round)

I really enjoy seeing this.

Last edited:
I have never been big on keeping stats but I am planning on starting to this year so it will be interesting to see how this pans out

I know there are various apps etc to do this but I am just planning on keeping a manual record of the following to start with

FIR and whether misses were left or right
GIR
Number of putts
Score for hole / round

I messed around with an app called Easy scorecard last year but it didn't allow me to show each round together so I could easily compare scores from different rounds so I will probably put together a simple Access database on my pc to keep the information which means I can change it as I go along easily

I have never been big on keeping stats but I am planning on starting to this year so it will be interesting to see how this pans out

I know there are various apps etc to do this but I am just planning on keeping a manual record of the following to start with

FIR and whether misses were left or right
GIR
Number of putts
Score for hole / round

I messed around with an app called Easy scorecard last year but it didn't allow me to show each round together so I could easily compare scores from different rounds so I will probably put together a simple Access database on my pc to keep the information which means I can change it as I go along easily

Take a look at Golfshot...the free version without the GPS does a great job of building a story as fair as stats, it keeps your percentage of GIR, Fairways, Scrambling, Putts and Scoring Breakdown and you can look at round by round, the last 5 rounds, the last 20 rounds or all rounds...it's really pretty impressive.

Take a look at Golfshot...the free version without the GPS does a great job of building a story as fair as stats, it keeps your percentage of GIR, Fairways, Scrambling, Putts and Scoring Breakdown and you can look at round by round, the last 5 rounds, the last 20 rounds or all rounds...it's really pretty impressive.

I use Golfshot, great app for keep stats. Unfortunately it's great enough it doesn't let me lie to myself about things like how bad my chipping and approach shots are.

Or even the free Golf Logix for the smartphone. Great app as well.

Back