Park Mammoth Golf Club - Central KY | Hidden Gem Alert

xThor

AnimeGods 神 | GolfTec Experience | TravisMathew
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Set in central-ish Kentucky, Park Mammoth Golf Club is a completely redesigned course, having openened only a few months ago.

90 miles south of Louisville, the former Cave City Golf Course was purchased through a bankruptcy in late 2019, with owners looking to reopen a course in the sprawling Park City location. Brian Ross was hired on as architect with the goal of building a fun, attractive, and distinct golf course, capitalizing on a growing trend of building “hidden gem” courses and touting golf experiences as opposed to just a golf course.

Sat near the massive Mammoth Cave park system, the large caverns and rolling landscape provide not only form, with scenic views, but function as well, with natural irrigation and drainage.

A par 70, with the tips sitting at ~6200 yards, Park Mammoth tours a “Unique Golf Experience” serving local residents, as well as hoping to attract visitors from all over the state. From wide open fairways, challenges like a green side bunker bottoming out at 18 feet below the putting surface, to massive double greens, Park Mammoth is quickly developing a cult following.

Having only opened in late April of this year, several projects are still under construction; the pro shop is currently operating out of a trailer until the main building is complete, and the practice area and driving range is currently schedule to
begin opening fall of ‘22, and being fully finished by spring of next year.

3A64DCF9-7AC5-4959-8E4A-43B226A18E7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Everyone I know that has played there has spoken really highly of it. @Qwkz51 played there early this year not long after it opened.

I am playing there tomorrow, and am so freaking excited. I have been looking forward to this for months. I’ll be sure to take lots of pics and video!

Course looks awesome. I am going to have my friend from Nashville meet me 1/2 way there I think.

I happen to know the GM of this course. @xThor if you mention might name, she might give you a discount or get kicked off the course. Could go either way. :LOL:

She was the previous GM at Sewailo and my golf coach. I will make it out there one day.

This place looks cool. How are their prices?

I happen to know the GM of this course. @xThor if you mention might name, she might give you a discount or get kicked off the course. Could go either way. :LOL:

She was the previous GM at Sewailo and my golf coach. I will make it out there one day.

Ha!!
All good. We’ve made a connection there, as the Callaway sales rep I work part time for here got to them early and they are on staff. I’ll be there in a couple weeks helping with a fitting day likely.

That’s not too bad if it’s a nice course.
I would say it's nice for the area, it's not Gaylord/Hermitate but not a muni course either. Rates aren't bad. @xThor how long will you be over there?

Can you give some odds on each reaction so we know what our chances are?

I would say it's nice for the area, it's not Gaylord/Hermitate but not a muni course either. Rates aren't bad. @xThor how long will you be over there?
Pretty cool layout?

Pretty cool layout?
Wide open, nothing super challenging except a few tall grass areas. I like the layout, but it's not super long or anything crazy. I've played it twice and shot upper 80's low 90's which isn't too far from my normal pace. 🤷‍♂️

Sounds like a road trip may be in order. Maybe we can get an Ohio contingent to challenge some Kentucky boys

just a there and back trip for a 10 o’clock tee time

Maybe we should go float your name by the pro before actually bringing you in person 😂
Most likely she would love for me to play (even offered me free golf when I was in KY) but as soon as I ask if they bev cart is stocked with Naturdays

Sounds like a road trip may be in order. Maybe we can get an Ohio contingent to challenge some Kentucky boys
Yeah..we need to do this. There's two hidden gems in the area. This one and Cub Run(Shady Hollow)

Um....I never got to take a lesson from @Wildcat4life 's golf wife. Can i come too?

"challenge" or "beat"?

Also, @Wildcat4life is about as Ohioan as I am, he's in.

Back