PGA Tour Response to LIV Golf

Reading through some of the notes on the Phil interview. Sounds like he took a beating.
He did. Some of the questions were a ******* joke. Like "how are you growing the game" where they have never asked another player that on any tour. He handled it pretty well I thought, all things considered.

The Golf Channel, sounds like a bitter divorcee at this point.

He did. Some of the questions were a ******* joke. Like "how are you growing the game" where they have never asked another player that on any tour. He handled it pretty well I thought, all things considered.

Yeah, I just posted in the Phil interview thread basically this same thought process. Looks like he kept it classy and that this whole things is overly emotional and when that happens crazy things start getting thrown around. I think he made the wrong decision but it was his to make. So be it. Rather than be petty, be better PGA Tour...

Yeah, I just posted in the Phil interview thread basically this same thought process. Looks like he kept it classy and that this whole things is overly emotional and when that happens crazy things start getting thrown around. I think he made the wrong decision but it was his to make. So be it. Rather than be petty, be better PGA Tour...
Yes, the Tour should send roses and a nice card to Norman and MBS.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Crazy how fast things have gone from LIV evil to PGA evil 😆

Oddly enough, outside of this board I am not seeing this at all even in other forums. Seems like 99% of my friends/family/etc are pretty pro PGA and think LIV is bad for the game. This board seems much more divided from the comments I have read.

This seemed like a perfectly fair question in my opinion. This has been the guys moving to LIV saying for some time now. I've heard "Its about the golf and growing the game," from just about everyone of them it seems. It was Phil's answer to the question that was a joke.

Oddly enough, outside of this board I am not seeing this at all even in other forums. Seems like 99% of my friends/family/etc are pretty pro PGA and think LIV is bad for the game. This board seems much more divided from the comments I have read.

I’ve been on the opposite end of that spectrum with the vast majority of people I’ve played golf with over the past 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been on the opposite end of that spectrum with the vast majority of people I’ve played golf with over the past 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting. Entire thing is wild.

The Board are bullying their members. I can't see this working in the long run. LIV will keep throwing money at the players. I think that the PGA Tour is in serious trouble.

This seemed like a perfectly fair question in my opinion. This has been the guys moving to LIV saying for some time now. I've heard "Its about the golf and growing the game," from just about everyone of them it seems. It was Phil's answer to the question that was a joke.
Just how does suspending players and playing the hypocrite "grow the game"?

Just how does suspending players and playing the hypocrite "grow the game"?

Are you asking me? I don't believe I ever said suspending players does grow the game so not quite sure why you would be. The opposites is true in my opinion. It hurts the game.

But the LIV players claim that this is about golf and growing it. If that is one thing they are nailing home, they should be able to provide some analysis as to how when the question is asked. Saying "I saw a bunch of kids at the course and the rest should be obvious," isn't providing anything.

Are you asking me? I don't believe I ever said suspending players does grow the game so not quite sure why you would be. The opposites is true in my opinion. It hurts the game.

But the LIV players claim that this is about golf and growing it. If that is one thing they are nailing home, they should be able to provide some analysis as to how when the question is asked. Saying "I saw a bunch of kids at the course and the rest should be obvious," isn't providing anything.
You questioned whether LIV was growing the game which I think is one sided. By your own admission the PGA's actions are not growing the game either. My whole point in the conversation is we don't have a level playing field and the PGA is a massive hypocrite, do as I say not as I do. Frankly, I don't think doing business with the Saudi government or the Chicoms is a good choice and both are washing out their image.

You questioned whether LIV was growing the game which I think is one sided. By your own admission the PGA's actions are not growing the game either. My whole point in the conversation is we don't have a level playing field and the PGA is a massive hypocrite, do as I say not as I do. Frankly, I don't think doing business with the Saudi government or the Chicoms is a good choice and both are washing out their image.

I did not question whether LIV was growing the game. The reporter, not me is the one who asked Phil how the LIV event grew the game. I just found it to be a fair question. Especially given the fact it's been one of the main pushing points from the LIV guys. I wasn't sure why that question would be considered a joke. That's really all I meant.

The PGAs actions are the result of being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Its a lose lose scenario for them. And like you said, the results will likely be washing out both images/products it appears.

Back