Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We just shared the letter on Twitter.

Response from LIV

Last edited:
Wowzers.

Ouch.

There we have it. I guess Bryson & Reed haven't fully committed yet?

Where does this go next.

Presidents Cup 😢

Gauntlet thrown

I might need to process a bit, but that sounds pretty scared and weak. I hope they aren't overplaying their hand too much

The "dream" of the PGA tour is worth more than money?
I agree, I thought it would be harsher for some reason...

Maybe it's just me, but a lot of what was said there was kind of petty? Instead of taking the high road, they took a lot of shots at the LIV and the players who have chosen to play in their events.

I mean, we expected something like this, no?

Where does this go next.
Haven’t teed it up yet. If/when, they’ll be added, I believe douche canoe, I mean Reed, is playing next tournament

Maybe it's just me, but a lot of what was said there was kind of petty? Instead of taking the high road, they took a lot of shots at the LIV and the players who have chosen to play in their events.

That's kinda the feel I got. If you are better, or believe you are better, act like it, don't play the scared bully.

That said a lot without really saying anything though right? Unless I'm missing something there really isn't any detail there that says "this is the penalty for choosing to make more money and join another tour".

How does it affect Mickelson, who has lifetime exemption due to his winning 20+ times?

Where does this go next.

No rule is broken till they actually hit a shot. Although, as I read this, it feels really toothless.

Feels like that letter has been sanitized rather well.

It gets the point across, but not in the way I think a lot of us were expecting.

Haven’t teed it up yet. If/when, they’ll be added, I believe douche canoe, I mean Reed, is playing next tournament
Just added douche canoe to my vocabulary.

Completely agree. There's a cry baby sentiment to that letter.

I think it may backfire on the PGA and more players will leave. The PGA tour is losing a lot of value ratings in those who still want to play the PGA tour and will still be held to the 15 tournament minimum requirement.

No rule is broken till they actually hit a shot. Although, as I read this, it feels really toothless.
Yeah just finished reading the letter...I mean I've scolded my children harsher.

The big story will be if they convince other events/majors to not allow LIV players. Not sure that can be done, but, you know they’re going to try.

ANGC still has the largest voice in the auditorium and can impact the world of tour golf like no other if they choose.

It’s like a dictator trying maintain their power.

Back