annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
I see Phil Mickelson is now taking on Starbucks with his coffee that features all “The Good Stuff”. As a guy who has drank strong black coffee for over 55 years I wondered if anyone was using it and if you’re experiencing any positives.

His is some Ethiopian blend mixed with amino acids, etc..
Did not know it was available anywhere.
Where do you get it, if so?

I see Phil Mickelson is now taking on Starbucks with his coffee that features all “The Good Stuff”. As a guy who has drank strong black coffee for over 55 years I wondered if anyone was using it and if you’re experiencing any positives.
I’m not using the coffee but using The Good Stuff and like it.

$60 a month. But guess that cheaper than going to Starbucks for 14 days out of the month.

I’ve been drinking it for about a month now. The coffee is good, and I can understand the premise behind “the good stuff”. I have one more month worth of cups coming, but I’ve suspended my subscription.

1. It’s expensive. Not only the product, but I have to get it shipped up here too.
2. I think there’s too much cinnamon in it and that flavour becomes overpowering. My last few cups, I’ve split “the good stuff” serving in half.

I do feel like overall I’ve had fewer general aches and pains though, especially over the last couple of weeks. So I think there’s definitely something there. I just wish it didn’t cost so much and I could moderate the cinnamon. Also, for what it’s worth, I didn’t add anything else to the coffee other than “the good stuff”.

I justified trying it by committing not to get coffee “out” since that would ultimately be cheaper than my usual routine.

I’ve been drinking it for about a month now. The coffee is good, and I can understand the premise behind “the good stuff”. I have one more month worth of cups coming, but I’ve suspended my subscription.

1. It’s expensive. Not only the product, but I have to get it shipped up here too.
2. I think there’s too much cinnamon in it and that flavour becomes overpowering. My last few cups, I’ve split “the good stuff” serving in half.

I do feel like overall I’ve had fewer general aches and pains though, especially over the last couple of weeks. So I think there’s definitely something there. I just wish it didn’t cost so much and I could moderate the cinnamon. Also, for what it’s worth, I didn’t add anything else to the coffee other than “the good stuff”.

I justified trying it by committing not to get coffee “out” since that would ultimately be cheaper than my usual routine.
You have my attention

You have my attention
I definitely appreciate that I’m not mixing in anything else to my coffee when I’m adding “the good stuff”. I’m usually a 1 sugar guy, but I’ve been trying to cut down on unnecessary sweets etc. and this coffee has 100% helped me there.

I did some poking around over the past couple weeks and found that I can buy powdered MCT and all the other things in his “good stuff” formula locally. So that’s what I’ve done. I’m going to compare and see if I can maintain the positive effects while reducing the cinnamon content to make it more palatable and affordable for me in the long term.

I put it on the Christmas list. I drink a good bit of coffee early in the day. Then I'm dropping bombs of a different type.

Part of my issue is if I commit to it I have also committed my wife. I am not making her French Roast and Phils blend. Even though she did mention how much better Lefty looked at The Match.

Looking forward to tomorrow's cup of coffeeIMG_20201209_160044.jpg

So is "the good stuff" CBD?

I haven't tried it yet, but it's got to be better than Starbucks so that's a pretty low bar to clear. 8-hour old gas station coffee at 2:00 am is better than Starbucks. 🤮

I haven't tried it yet, but it's got to be better than Starbucks so that's a pretty low bar to clear. 8-hour old gas station coffee at 2:00 am is better than Starbucks. 🤮

IDK about that, Cafe Americano from SB is my go to and delicious

A week and a half in drinking coffee for wellness. I'm a fan, casual coffee drinker, a cup or two work week mornings. The powder does not dissolve 100% if the time. Have been using a milk frother to mix it up more.

Great flavor, the cinnamon is most prolific taste I get.

So the kids bought be a couple of bags of Phil's coffee and of course The Good Stuff. Here is my review.
For me, the coffee is a bit weak. I like stronger coffee. Normally French Roast. Even my mother in law thought it was watery but fine.
I added the Good Stuff before I drove to the Y for my workout. Have to admit I felt more alert and consistent through the workout. Normally I would have had a water bottle filled with Amino Acids as a pre-workout drink. Having something similar in my hot coffee was pretty good.
I have a lot more coffee to drink before I decide whether I would buy it again. It as kind of expensive but overall a solid B.

So the kids bought be a couple of bags of Phil's coffee and of course The Good Stuff. Here is my review.
For me, the coffee is a bit weak. I like stronger coffee. Normally French Roast. Even my mother in law thought it was watery but fine.
I added the Good Stuff before I drove to the Y for my workout. Have to admit I felt more alert and consistent through the workout. Normally I would have had a water bottle filled with Amino Acids as a pre-workout drink. Having something similar in my hot coffee was pretty good.
I have a lot more coffee to drink before I decide whether I would buy it again. It as kind of expensive but overall a solid B.
Interesting. I don't know that I would buy it but I have tried his combo using the same ingredients. I just put it in my morning travel mug and its not to bad actually.

Back