Pimento Cheese Yay or Nay?

I can honestly say I have never eaten pimento cheese.

Never had it. By the time I had heard about it as an adult I figured why not wait until my first Masters to try it.

I think it has a time and place. I like it in a wrap with a fried green tomato and bacon, or on a burger, that's pretty tasty too. I am not a huge fan of it plain or as a sandwich with just it and bread.

Bojangles chicken biscuit with pimento cheese is life changing

I’ve never even seen this in my area. What does it taste like?

It's delicious but it's like a lot of foods where it's probably not *quite* delicious enough to be worth the fat, salt and calories. So I might have a pimento cheese sandwich three or four times a year as a treat but can't really afford to make it a regular part of my food rotation. I need to save a little room for my daily ration of ice cream!

There's a place near our house makes it with little flecks of jalapeno along with the bigger chunks of pimento. Doesn't really get any burn going until about the third bite and by then the sandwich is half gone. So I like to eat it on crackers to keep from smothering the flavor with bread. Haven't had any of that in a long time, maybe about time for a little treat this weekend.

I haven't had pimento cheese in a long time - it's one of those things I'll gladly eat if somebody puts it in front of me, but it's not something I'll go seek out just to have it.

I bought this pimento cheese at Costco a few days ago with high hopes. I can say without reservation, it’s terrible. Like if this was a golf swing, it would be a shank straight to the woods. I didn’t think I could be this mad at a cheese, but here we are.

5129EB0C-909C-40DC-8915-5995A28F7CAC.jpeg

Formerly nay, but tried it at a restaurant and it was amazing.

Nope, Southern bred & born but don’t care for it.

Anything processed or bought in the store looks gross. I made my own during that one week in April and it was DELICIOUS. Peppery, spicy, cheese spread. Can't want to whip up another batch.

I ate them fairly regularly in grade school…….I’ll pass

Back