PING Blueprint Irons Lineup

I will say, it opened up my eyes a bit to players cavities as my next set of irons. The feel of one buttoned is pretty intoxicating. I’ve been debating how many handicap index points I’d be willing to give up to play that type of iron.

I will say, it opened up my eyes a bit to players cavities as my next set of irons. The feel of one buttoned is pretty intoxicating. I’ve been debating how many handicap index points I’d be willing to give up to play that type of iron.
Maybe a late season transfer after a said team event :ROFLMAO:

Joe Biden GIF by ABC News

You wouldn’t be giving up a thing, your a powerful, confident ball-striking machine.

I wish I didn’t check these out in the store, may have to take the fitting head home for a weekend and see if there is a noticeable difference between what I have now. I’m guessing there wont be but the Ping will have a better suited shaft in it. I wish there was a set gap wedge as I have grown to really like the matching head in that spot

Very sharp looking iron. Price pops out a bit but definitely seems like you are getting a really quality iron.

these irons are the best ping irons maybe ever. I was very impressed. Still, I have to chuckle a little at ping when they say “we have new tech, tip weights”.
I lol’d … That’s so Ping.

Lots of empty spaces in the fitting cases yesterday 👀, but they did have the S tucked in there, and chatted briefly about them with a couple of staffers. Seems like there’s some excitement about these, especially combo’d with the i230.

I believe I shall spend time with these again today. I'm sure they've missed me. 😛

Couple more compares I want to do though. The 243 vs was pretty interesting. Just seem like they're for entirely different players in a way. 243 are so much livelier.

I believe I shall spend time with these again today. I'm sure they've missed me. 😛

Couple more compares I want to do though. The 243 vs was pretty interesting. Just seem like they're for entirely different players in a way. 243 are so much livelier.
Can you elaborate on the different players thought?

1000054936.jpg

And we're off!

Just saw the BP S in store….

In Love Elf GIF by filmeditor

Doubt they could kick my T150s out…but man…

Can you elaborate on the different players thought?

Blueprint are smaller and less forgiving. Different off the face. 243 efficiency is noticeably higher. You just get more out of them and get more forgiveness. The S are not that. They're more solid and only give you want you truly put into them.

The S are amazing. I've raved about them from the minute I saw them, hit them, etc. Really saw no need to bother with the T. Felt like vanity. The S are plenty small through the turf.

I will say though, that the T are little machines. Not a big swing day but wanted to stretch and hit maybe 8 or 10 with them trying some different shots. And they're absurdly consistent (like the S) and feel amazing. Noticed what was happening and took pictures of the last few.

1000054985.jpg

Knockdowns, high softies, stock shots, etc.. 1 yard difference in the entire lot. And spin deviation was about 100. I mean, just beyond reliable.

Last edited:
Blueprint are smaller and less forgiving. Different off the face. 243 efficiency is noticeably higher. You just get more out of them and get more forgiveness. The S are not that. They're more solid and only give you want you truly put into them.
I agree with this assessment, as it’s much of what I saw at my fitting. My efficiency was really high with the S (we saw smash factors as high as 1.46), and they were incredibly consistent as far as carry/spin. I liked the 243 a lot, it just wasn’t for me as much as the S was - they were plenty fast and not difficult to coax distance out of, that’s just not necessarily what I’m after right now. Looking forward to getting these out to play next week.

I need to hit these again. The feel is still with me…

Man I wish I had the ballstriking to game the S. So nice looking. But the i230 at my fitting scared me half to dealth...no business hitting a BP :)
Scared Horror GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Very small sample size since picking these up on Thursday, but I’m really liking them so far. Much different feel than the SMS Pro, I think “crisp” would be the best term I could use. I didn’t get a chance to swing them with the LZ at my fitting (we used the DG 120), but it’s sort of a comfort zone for me in almost any iron so far. I like the white paint fill on the bottom groove, and after swinging the 5i a few times, I’m wondering if I shouldn’t have ordered the 4i and let it battle with the U505. I won’t get a chance to get out and get them on the monitor until later next week, but I’m very excited to do so. The last set of irons I was blind fit for were Pings, they just weren’t anything like this. Blueprint S/SMS Pro comparison - looks like the Blueprint has a tiny bit more blade length, offset appears pretty similar.
IMG_9124.jpeg
IMG_9125.jpeg
IMG_9126.jpeg

Very small sample size since picking these up on Thursday, but I’m really liking them so far. Much different feel than the SMS Pro, I think “crisp” would be the best term I could use. I didn’t get a chance to swing them with the LZ at my fitting (we used the DG 120), but it’s sort of a comfort zone for me in almost any iron so far. I like the white paint fill on the bottom groove, and after swinging the 5i a few times, I’m wondering if I shouldn’t have ordered the 4i and let it battle with the U505. I won’t get a chance to get out and get them on the monitor until later next week, but I’m very excited to do so. The last set of irons I was blind fit for were Pings, they just weren’t anything like this. Blueprint S/SMS Pro comparison - looks like the Blueprint has a tiny bit more blade length, offset appears pretty similar.
View attachment 9238910
View attachment 9238911
View attachment 9238912
How do they compare to your Cobras?

Hit these today….

😳

Back