Ping Eye 2 Wedges....Who still plays them?

Rweltzin

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm in the market for a 50 and a 60 degree wedge. Just curious if some still prefer these wedges to the Newer Clevelands or other top brands.

Didn't Ping re-release these wedges in January??

Didn't Ping re-release these wedges in January??

Yes, with the new grooves. I still play the Eye 2 in my lob wedge. With a TT DG Spinner shaft, it is a spin machine. Mine is not going anywhere anytime soon. Great wedge.

Thanks guys, yea I was wondering about the older grooved wedges. I'll keep looking for them, looking for a 58 or higher loft first.

I recently bought a set 3-sw and took out the pw and sw and reshafted with TT wedge shafts still awsome especially out of the bunker.
Not seen the new XG'S yet but the PW is 51 and the SW 58 on the original eye 2's so fits perfectly in my set.
I sold the 3-9 on ebay for more than I paid for the 3-sw so winning all round!

I have an old eye 2+ lob wedge with a TT lite shaft that I still play from time to time.It's not the wedge usually in my bag though.
I think it's a awesome wedge but it's a shovel.

I have an old eye 2+ lob wedge with a TT lite shaft that I still play from time to time.It's not the wedge usually in my bag though.
I think it's a awesome wedge but it's a shovel.

Whats a shovel?

A shovel is a tool for digging, lifting, and moving bulk materials

Thanks for clearing that up for me, but I thought we were talking about wedges, not gardening.

Back