Ping G30 LS Tec Driver - Review Thread

Recently picked one of these in 10.5 for cheap off the marketplace to replace my Cobra BioCell. I have now gamed it for 5 rounds and absolutely love this driver. I am hitting way more fairways, not slicing the ball nearly as much and getting much better roll out. This driver has probably increased my driving average by 20 yards or so, due mostly to the forgiveness and roll out I am getting from it.

Got a chance to swing a demo of this on a few holes yesterday, the sound is certainly a bit different/interesting compared to other drivers in play that day. Felt good during swings, impact seemed quite hot, didn't put the best swings on it, but seemed to get quite similar results to my gamers.

The crown isn't near distracting as I thought it would be, very easy to ignore the look.

Well, after trying a number of different drivers over this season, the D200 solidified it's #2 spot in my bag, just behind the G30 LST. The D200 is slightly more forgiving for my swing, but the LST isn't too far off, and there is a definite "better" distance opportunity with the LST. Certainly not the best sounding big stick out there, but I have been able to look past that due to the overall performance.

Back