PING G430 MAX 10K Driver Preview

What's your swing weight at now? D1?

I know you weren't asking me, but with the stock Ping Kali White 60s (standard length) and a 22g back weight mine is D-1. I'd like it to be just a touch higher (and I like my shaft length and current grip) so I have a 25g on order to test.

I have been looking at them. Hard. Just havent had my key turned to "ON" yet.
I dont need a new driver, I need a new back.
It won't help your back but you will hit more fairways.

I hit about 20 shots outdoors at the range with this. They all would have been in the fairway and my ballstriking is poor.

Great day yesterday with the 10k. I swapped a HZRDUS Gen 4 into it (playing 45”) and was playing golf the way God intended. I’m amazed by this club as not every drive was hit from the middle, but it handles the toe side misses so well. I am launching higher than I’d like, but the balls aren’t ballooning up, just look like artillery flying. I’ve tinkered with lowering the loft from standard 9° but kept missing left (I’m a lefty) so put it back and all is well.

Attachments

• IMG_0545.png
    IMG_0545.png
    249.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0546.png
    IMG_0546.png
    265.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0547.png
    IMG_0547.png
    247.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0548.png
    IMG_0548.png
    244.6 KB · Views: 14
I've been playing with the weights a bit more. For me, it's been pretty easy to make the spin go up or down by changing the back weight. That's pretty standard stuff, but the spin consistency with this driver seems really good so it's a lot easier for me to see the changes.

It seemed like on the 20 or so outdoor hits I made with this it definitely reduced what would normally hook a fair bit. Are you guys seeing that? Also less curvature in general than what the simulator was showing.

7 of 12 fairways when I hit the driver today with the 10k. It was a pretty poor ball striking day and the Ping covered for a lot of it. Nothing more than a few yards out of the fairway when I missed.

7 of 12 fairways when I hit the driver today with the 10k. It was a pretty poor ball striking day and the Ping covered for a lot of it. Nothing more than a few yards out of the fairway when I missed.
The club is in it's own category with forgiveness but also managing spin.

How did it go?
Rough start , had to swing harder to turn it over, for me was easy to block. For now the Callaway is working better, but may revisit it later.

Rough start , had to swing harder to turn it over, for me was easy to block. For now the Callaway is working better, but may revisit it later.
Yeah I didn't find it draw biased at all. Could take some tinkering with shaft weight and profiles.

Pulled the trigger after demoing a number of times on the course and a fitting with my club pro. Couldn’t get comfortable with a shaft. Had a second fitting at American Golf up Against the qi10 and tried me in shafts that you wouldn’t think would suit my game. Carry, dispersion and overall performance went up. It beat the qi10 and ordered with the tour black shaft. It was really good in this set up. Need to wait until the end of the month now for delivery but the club head is amazing with the right shaft.

Pulled the trigger after demoing a number of times on the course and a fitting with my club pro. Couldn’t get comfortable with a shaft. Had a second fitting at American Golf up Against the qi10 and tried me in shafts that you wouldn’t think would suit my game. Carry, dispersion and overall performance went up. It beat the qi10 and ordered with the tour black shaft. It was really good in this set up. Need to wait until the end of the month now for delivery but the club head is amazing with the right shaft.
That's awesome. I feel like I need to find a better fit for me shaft than the stock alta.

I got this club out for 4 rounds on vacation. It plays really well in windy conditions and very forgiving.

That's awesome. I feel like I need to find a better fit for me shaft than the stock alta.
Yeah, the shaft makes a difference. I really didnt think the charateristics of the tour black would fit me but it was between that and the kali white. Both launched high enough and just felt a lot more stable. I thought I was a cert for the AldIda or the h red. I have to now wait until the end of the month for delivery but want to get the adaptor changed in my Oban shaft to test that.

Yeah, the shaft makes a difference. I really didnt think the charateristics of the tour black would fit me but it was between that and the kali white. Both launched high enough and just felt a lot more stable. I thought I was a cert for the AldIda or the h red. I have to now wait until the end of the month for delivery but want to get the adaptor changed in my Oban shaft to test that.
Yeah I didn't want to wait so went stock. Will probably end up with an Accra shaft in there.

First time out this year and 10K had a solid showing. I started my round with a great drive, stuck the approach and drained the birdie. I changed out the GT 60S @ 44.75” for a Vanquish 4 SR @ 45.25”. The longer, softer shaft made getting off the tee easier on my neck as I didn’t have to swing as hard to get great drives. Drove the ball to the front edge of the green on a 290 yard par 4 which made me smile. Played 11 holes. My neck injury started to tighten up as the sun started to go down and the temperature dropped. The 10K driver is a tank through the ball and shrugs off mishits unlike any driver I’ve hit.

Was wondering if anyone had playing experiences with the PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 shaft. I currently play the G400 Max with the original Ping Tour Chrome 65 shaft but was wondering if the "2.0" was any different. Hate to get rid of my current Max, just might have to hit them side by side. One of our playing partners has the new Max but with the Alta CB shaft which I tried but just wasn't for me.

Was wondering if anyone had playing experiences with the PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 shaft. I currently play the G400 Max with the original Ping Tour Chrome 65 shaft but was wondering if the "2.0" was any different. Hate to get rid of my current Max, just might have to hit them side by side. One of our playing partners has the new Max but with the Alta CB shaft which I tried but just wasn't for me.
If you ask me...2.0 has slightly softer tip - not much but think Chrome vs Chrome+ though not as drastic

Back