PING G430 MAX 10K Driver Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Last year at this time we brought you all of the details from PING’s latest driver lineup, the G430 here and it is safe to say that since then, they have been a success for the company. However, we all felt that they wouldn’t be done yet, after all, PING’s patterns are a bit predictable.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t wait for tests on this. I’m not in the market for a driver, but….

I loved the 430 Max and LST...might give this a go later in the year.

i love that they mentioned sound, even if its just a little snippet. We know what we are getting from PING drivers…something forgiving that just flat out performs. Cant wait to see how this holds up in tests throughout the year...

That's actually a sweet looking driver.

This one is so interesting. It really doesn't look like most assume. Pretty pleasing to the eye if you like Ping. And the spin profile is really interesting. This one is going to surprise some people. One of their tour staff switched to it pretty darn quick and I don't think he'll be the last.

Good write up @Jman, this looks like another super forgiving driver from Ping,

Thanks for the info @Jman

I'm kind of confused about who this driver is for. It's more forgiving than the existing MAX, but I feel like the pre-release hype made it sound like a better player's driver.

I'm kind of confused about who this driver is for. It's more forgiving than the existing MAX, but I feel like the pre-release hype made it sound like a better player's driver.
I think it is supposed to sit between the Max and the LST.

From everything I have read on those who tested it, it sounded like the spin profile sits between the 430 Max and the 430 LST but has a higher MOI than both of them.
Could be a really interesting option there. I currently game the 430 Max and really don't need any less spin. Guessing in this one I'd likely have to loft up or with with the 12* head.

Also wanted to point out that the street price is $599 according to online retailers I have checked this morning.

Sigh the march to 700$ a driver is on.

Hmmm. How many "K" is the original MAX? I'm so confused 😂

The 430 LST is 9083g=cm2
The 430 Max is 10,055g-cm2 (with weight in the Fade setting)
The 430 SFT is 8,634g=cm2

I will be curious to see where the 10K ends up.

Last edited:
I really don't understand that reaction. They're listed at $599. Multiple companies had $599 or higher priced drivers last year. It's definitely not new and if anything they just caught up to the others with this one particular model.

Edit: oh I gotcha, I didn't look at the end of the article. I've only seen them priced at $599, not the $650 mentioned

1000053573.jpg

I really don't understand that reaction. They're listed at $599. Multiple companies had $599 or higher priced drivers last year. It's definitely not new and if anything they just caught up to the others with this one particular model.
I thought I read 650 for this one?
Screenshot_20240109-074752.png

Kinda surprised at this release. I don't do much buying/selling anymore, but when I was Ping always seemed to be on a two year cycle.

Edit: oh I gotcha, I didn't look at the end of the article. I've only seen them priced at $599, not the $650 mentioned

View attachment 9235327
We're in agreement. I thought they were pushing that 600 barrier.

I’m shocked it’s available for $599. Will have the performance to keep up with most anything on the market but this 10k claim to me is like “5 yards longer” from years back. Maybe it’s just the stated number but We won’t miss any fairways before long if they keep it up.

@Jman So they took the carbon fly and applied it to the max and modified shape/weight placement?

Sign of the times I guess:
XXIO 12 X Black - $699
TM Qi10 LS - $629.99
Mizuno ST-G 440 $599
430 Max 10K $599
TM Qi10 - $599
Smoke AI - $599
TSR Series - $599

But as @OldandStiff pointed out, really Ping just caught up to the going market price.

Last edited:

Don’t forget though, they’re also admitting that it is louder too, which is a bold move.

Back