Ping K15 Driver Review

I shortened my shaft by 1" when I had it and had very good success. Straight flight and no noticeable distance loss.

I, however, made the mistake of letting my brother use it for a few rounds with his father in law and brother in law. So I'll never be seeing that club again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a k15 SFtec, and i will say its shorter than every other driver i own but a pretty good margin. I normally drive the ball around 250 yards. The most i have ever measured the k15 is 225 on a solid hit. Its noticable on the course and at the range. Its just a shorter driver with the stock stiff shaft.

i have a k15 SFtec, and i will say its shorter than every other driver i own but a pretty good margin. I normally drive the ball around 250 yards. The most i have ever measured the k15 is 225 on a solid hit. Its noticable on the course and at the range. Its just a shorter driver with the stock stiff shaft.

I think the K15 is pretty spinny. Did you try going down in loft ? If you knock it out there 250 on average you probably need a 9.5* with a low spin shaft.

I have both a k15 10.5 with TFC189(g25 Stock shaft) in S flex and if launches significantly higher than my G30 SFTec 10* set to 11* with R flex shaft does. My average distance with it was around 230 last week which for an avg is pretty long for me (longest was 257).

In a head to head test Saturday the K15 was longer on average and straighter than my G30. Which is staggering given I have owned the g30 for 13 months now and has been my best, most consistently long driver ever.

You are correct, i need a lower spin head. Its probably why i get along with the SLDR so well lately. My quest for the perfect driver continues and probably will continue til the end of time.

that being said however, my go to driver is usually the G20. The G20 out performs the K15 by that said 25 yards. Using the tour shaft in "s" with the G20. I wouldn't call that a low spin head thou.

You are correct, i need a lower spin head. Its probably why i get along with the SLDR so well lately. My quest for the perfect driver continues and probably will continue til the end of time.

that being said however, my go to driver is usually the G20. The G20 out performs the K15 by that said 25 yards. Using the tour shaft in "s" with the G20. I wouldn't call that a low spin head thou.

I too found the K15 to be short, and I am a short knocker. If you like Ping, try the Anser. I've not personally found it any less forgiving than the K15. It's definitely longer. I personally think it looks and sounds much better.

I too found the K15 to be short, and I am a short knocker. If you like Ping, try the Anser. I've not personally found it any less forgiving than the K15. It's definitely longer. I personally think it looks and sounds much better.

We'll change your opinion on the K15 Friday ;)

Descending AoA with driver ?

Descending AoA with driver ?

I am not sure to be hOnest. (When u say decending). But yah I used to fight a slice but I had some adjustments and that is disappearing. I never heard anyone say the k15 is a long driver thou.

Coincidently i I found a used Anser in perfect condition that I just ordered 2 days ago. I am a true driver ho. One of the worst on this site I would bet.

Back