Ping Precision Milled Anser Putters

I think they are softest feeling, non-insert putters on the market. I was rolling the Anser vs. Scotty Cameron, a couple of Bettinardi models, Odyssey Pro type and Nike Method putters. All of those are premium putters, and I would have been happy to take any of them home. I think the Odyssey and Scotty had the best balance, and the Answer had the softest feel, but they were all fantastic putters. My next putter will probably be a Betti QB2.

For me it wasn't. For me, the oftest I have ever rolled was a Scotty Cameron California Coranado.

Well I got a nice present sent to me yesterday from True Temper ( met him last year at the outing ) he sent me a new Ping Milled Anser #2 and I put it in play today and man does it roll the ball nice ! Only had one 3 putt and that was the first hole . It was easy getting the speed right as the ball comes off the face so nice and smooth . I even won our longest first putt on hole 18 this morning about a 15 footer with about a foot left to right break in it .
This putter works well for me as I have went to left hand low this season .

A fitting is always a good idea, but I don't think the 7 different models makes it so crucial. Ping has them ID'd for straight stroke, slight arc, and strong arc, so if you know where you fall on that scale then you can just use personal choice after that. I kind of wanted the Anser 3 because of the shorter hosel, but I settled for the Anser 1 because I could get one pre-owned. Everyone should consider getting fit for lenth and lie no matter what putter they are buying. I had already been fit, so I knew I needed 34" and orange dot and was lucky to get one on the cheap.

I think they are softest feeling, non-insert putters on the market. I was rolling the Anser vs. Scotty Cameron, a couple of Bettinardi models, Odyssey Pro type and Nike Method putters. All of those are premium putters, and I would have been happy to take any of them home. I think the Odyssey and Scotty had the best balance, and the Answer had the softest feel, but they were all fantastic putters. My next putter will probably be a Betti QB2.

I thought the ProType was by far the softest of that group (never rolled the bettinardi putters though).

Digging up this 9 year old thread!!!

I just received this Anser (0?) off of a trade. It's damn near brand new and it rolls pure! Anybody else still gaming these?

IMG_2286.JPG

Back