Got to hit these a bit today. Really enjoyed the feel and the fit/finish was awesome. I could play a 54 S and 58 H and be pretty happy for the season.

What’s great is that the app was spot on in terms of grinds I’ve been fit for in the past.

Got to hit these a bit today. Really enjoyed the feel and the fit/finish was awesome. I could play a 54 S and 58 H and be pretty happy for the season.

What’s great is that the app was spot on in terms of grinds I’ve been fit for in the past.
I did the WebFit just out of curiosity to see what would happen and I got 54S and 58S. I’d give this setup some consideration. Had the Glide Stealth 2.0 for a couple seasons. Enjoyed them.

I like the look of additional grooves

1000058211.jpg

Loving the look over the ball and had a couple really nice shots with them today. Little softer feedback out there today than I remembered from last time or inside.

View attachment 9243951

Loving the look over the ball and had a couple really nice shots with them today. Little softer feedback out there today than I remembered from last time or inside.
Thought they felt rather soft or muted vs most wedges that have sort of a click. I don’t mind that at all though.

Thought they felt rather soft or muted vs most wedges that have sort of a click. I don’t mind that at all though.
Yeah I had one a couple today that were really soft. Which was interesting because that's not quite how I generally think of them.

Yeah I had one a couple today that were really soft. Which was interesting because that's not quite how I generally think of them.
I mentioned to @Scooby45 when we first found and tested them how muted the sound was. They feel nice personally and I really enjoyed them. I look forward to testing head to head with the new Vokey’s this year. Expect polar opposites but can’t wait to find out.

I mentioned to @Scooby45 when we first found and tested them how muted the sound was. They feel nice personally and I really enjoyed them. I look forward to testing head to head with the new Vokey’s this year. Expect polar opposites but can’t wait to find out.
I was digging the more muted sound

I was digging the more muted sound
Same personally it’s a sound and feeling I prefer in the short game as in my mind it equates to touch around the greens. When I hear clicks I think it’s bladed or a less than stellar shot.

I wouldn't say polar opposites. I played the SM10s a bunch today too. Just different.

I wouldn't say polar opposites. I played the SM10s a bunch today too. Just different.
Sound and feel is where I’m thinking. How’d you compare?

Tried a demo H grind in 58. Loved it. It's hard to compare grinds on mats, but it sat the nicest and felt like the smoothest option when opening the face or chipping it closed. I think I read somewhere that these are cast. Does that present a problem with bending them, or do you buy these in ready-made ping dot colors, etc?

I can probably do an audio compare and give my thoughts all at once. I'll see how much time I have tomorrow.

Tried a demo H grind in 58. Loved it. It's hard to compare grinds on mats, but it sat the nicest and felt like the smoothest option when opening the face or chipping it closed. I think I read somewhere that these are cast. Does that present a problem with bending them, or do you buy these in ready-made ping dot colors, etc?
Getting the wedge bent from manufacturer would be the first choice if you know you need a different specification. Most shops can bend cast a little typically 2° in either direction if they’re comfortable with it but won’t guarantee it won’t snap due to the consistency of wall thickness in the hosel if one side is thinner than a other it could become the weak link and break during a bend.

Honestly, with a B X is a wash imo. Neither separates itself.

1000058295.jpg

And same goes for the results.

1000058304.jpg

Hits the 56/H10, and it maybe flies a bit higher but it's noticably lighter. Vokey still rocking the full weight shaft. More grooves on the S159 maybe a little cleaner look over the ball. Shaping makes it look a tad more toe up.

Hit again today and really love the feel in these too, different from Vokey but both are great.

1000058584.jpg

Quick snap from the first swing with the 54 S12 when I got it. Not great range balls, but about what I expected on that swing.

Ordered a black 58h with black kbs hi rev shaft, really interested to see how I like it.

1000058711.jpg

Hit a bunch with the 51 today for a different thing. Couple examples of the numbers. Can hit the shots I want with it. Spin is good. Hard to 💯 on the feel when I'm constantly hitting different balls for numbers, but with B X it's delightful.

Anyone compare the H and B grinds directly that could shed some insight on they play?
I've played both quite a bit. They're very different. The B is wider with no real trail relief. They're for very different players. I grabbed the B in early order but am switching to an H. A lot more relief and much my suited to my steeper wants through the turf.

Man that wedge fit app of theirs is legit. It seriously put my middle wedge need as bent to 55*, and that's exactly what I play.

Back