PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

I see it on occasion but not nearly as often as I see guys not fixing ball marks, not replacing divots, and draggin their feet on the greens. I'm amazed that so many can't walk on the greens with enough care to not damage them for all the golfers after them.
Oh, that, too. For sure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm sorry your feel I'm making a great fuss about it, but it's hardly insignificant.

Doesn't it irk you when the course, the green and hole in particular, isn't cared for the way it should be?

I don’t let the small stuff bother me.

Having had one of those models in hand just this past weekend, it’s going to take some effort to mess the cup up, IMO.

Now, I’m done with this part of the convo, too much impressiveness going on in the sound/feel and roll here for me to focus on. I continue to roll the ZB and continue to be impressed, and I can’t wait for everyone to read the homepage article.

I don’t let the small stuff bother me.

Having had one of those models in hand just this past weekend, it’s going to take some effort to mess the cup up, IMO.

Now, I’m done with this part of the convo, too much impressiveness going on in the sound/feel and roll here for me to focus on. I continue to roll the ZB and continue to be impressed, and I can’t wait for everyone to read the homepage article.

Just because you don't let it bother you doesn't mean it's not a problem.

What's a ZB?

Just because you don't let it bother you doesn't mean it's not a problem.

What's a ZB?

ZB-2, the model I have been reviewing here and for the homepage.

Just because you think It might be a problem, doesn’t mean it is. As always, that thought process goes both ways, for me, far more interesting with that model is the forgiveness through the moi and the roll that the insert creates, there’s a great golf story there.

ZB-2, the model I have been reviewing here and for the homepage.

Just because you think It might be a problem, doesn’t mean it is. As always, that thought process goes both ways, for me, far more interesting with that model is the forgiveness through the moi and the roll that the insert creates, there’s a great golf story there.

Well, big or small, it is an issue. Whether you consider it a problem only depends on how much you value the course.

Add I said earlier, we agree on the value of the putter. The insert is great. The moi, while better than some, doesn't come closer to my game so that's not an advantage for me.

Well, big or small, it is an issue. Whether you consider it a problem only depends on how much you value the course.

Add I said earlier, we agree on the value of the putter. The insert is great. The moi, while better than some, doesn't come closer to my game so that's not an advantage for me.

My last reply on this whole topic because there are, in MY opinion, other things to discuss here.

Valuing the course has nothing to do with your argument, you are speaking in absolutes, that anyone who uses this putter for the purpose of FETCHing the ball out of the cup WILL damage the course, and I simply don't agree with that. Should we also shame companies who make soft spikes because neanderthals on the course cannot pick up their feet on the greens? In MY opinion these are things that are out of the hands of the big picture and will occur on a much smaller level, and calling a company irresponsible for designing a product like the Fetch is a bit much. You have your take on it though, and that is cool, but it doesn't mean it has to be accepted as the absolute, hence my stance on the entire issue.

Like I said though, that's the last time I'm going to comment on it all.

Moving onto the putter itself, no, it may not have the MOI that your typical putter does, but, it is one of the highest MOI designs we have to date seen from PING in a mallet design that manages to not be the size of a dinner plate, and that's pretty cool. The fact that the putter can be used to pick up ("Fetch") the ball is a happy coincidence in my opinion and something they chose to market because its fun. As to the shape being the similar size of the cup, its not the first putter to shoot for that and achieve it, and it won't be the last, visually it makes for a fun aiming mechanism similar to why the two-ball putter became so big, it makes sense to the mind to see similar sizes/shapes to the ball or cup when setting up a putter. Its a fun design.

The discussion doesn't necessarily have to be compared to a gamer, but can also be about the Sigma 2 lineup standing on its own and compared to itself, that is the beauty of these forum reviews and how the takes can vary and the information can flow making for a fun and informational read to the TONS of people who view these posts (most viest come from internet searches and guests/non-members) to take away something that might answer one of their questions/concerns of the Sigma 2.

I've enjoyed all the feedback in here, I think it has been fun, and I hope we see people continue to jump in and update because the nice thing about putters is even in the winter weather we can roll them indoors!

I got to go out west and brought my clubs with me. It was my first real test with the Sigma 2 ARNA in anything other than winter conditions. I had a rough few holes trying to adjust to the speed of the greens, but once I did, I had a good showing with this putter. Still had a number of 3 putts, but that was operator error coupled with lightning fast greens. I am really baffled at how consistently I am getting the ball to the hole with this insert. Still taking my time to adjust to it, but it’s a keeper. I even reached down and grabbed my ball out of the hole with my hand each time.

... you are speaking in absolutes, that anyone who uses this putter for the purpose of FETCHing the ball out of the cup WILL damage the course...

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that. If you're going to argue a point, at least make sure you know what point you're arguing against.

Came into this thread to get some information on the new PING Sigma Fetch putter...didn't realize this thread is one of those that also has a show! Subscribing to this one for sure.

Came into this thread to get some information on the new PING Sigma Fetch putter...didn't realize this thread is one of those that also has a show! Subscribing to this one for sure.
The info is, the Fetch has a great insert and is reasonably forgiving. Probably more forgiving then most other Ping putters. As with all things THP, just don't be a dick when using it and all will be groovy.

The info is, the Fetch has a great insert and is reasonably forgiving. Probably more forgiving then most other Ping putters. As with all things THP, just don't be a dick when using it and all will be groovy.

I do have a lot of info and reviews to put online about the Fetch. Didn’t realize this model was going to be so much fun here. This is going to be very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fetch is sweet haha

The fetch is sweet haha

It really is, I enjoyed trying it out, there’s a lot to like about it. And no golf holes were harmed in my trial of the putter. :alien:

I still very much want some time with the Kushin C, the center shaft calls to me as always. But man the ZB-2 has been a lot of fun.

It really is, I enjoyed trying it out, there’s a lot to like about it. And no golf holes were harmed in my trial of the putter. :alien:

I still very much want some time with the Kushin C, the center shaft calls to me as always. But man the ZB-2 has been a lot of fun.
I believe you didn't harm the holes, but I also don't believe you're naive enough to think the design won't entice more people to stick their clubs in the holes and, ultimately, do more harm than good. You can say you don't think it'll matter, but I don't believe it.

I had the Kushin C out on the course today. Today was my first “bad putting” day in a while having several three putts. I just could not get the green speed dialed in today. They were just so slow, and that led me to overhitting it.

But, none of that was the fault of the putter, obviously. In fact, I have been amazed as to how accurate and tuned in I have become with it. As soon as I hit the ball, I can tell almost exactly where it is going. I know when I leave it short or off the line.

I am going to try to take some videos of my stroke as soon as I have a chance so people can get an idea as to what works with the center shaft. It’s amazing how comfortable I have become with it. I would send you mine to try, but honestly I would just want it right back. It’s that awesome.

I had the Kushin C out on the course today. Today was my first “bad putting” day in a while having several three putts. I just could not get the green speed dialed in today. They were just so slow, and that led me to overhitting it.

But, none of that was the fault of the putter, obviously. In fact, I have been amazed as to how accurate and tuned in I have become with it. As soon as I hit the ball, I can tell almost exactly where it is going. I know when I leave it short or off the line.

I am going to try to take some videos of my stroke as soon as I have a chance so people can get an idea as to what works with the center shaft. It’s amazing how comfortable I have become with it. I would send you mine to try, but honestly I would just want it right back. It’s that awesome.

The roll in terms of how damn quick it is and how efficient is what I keep on coming back to. Shorter stroke, more run out, and it’s pretty addictive.

The roll in terms of how damn quick it is and how efficient is what I keep on coming back to. Shorter stroke, more run out, and it’s pretty addictive.

I can agree with that. The insert provides an excellent roll. If it had another 150g or so headweight and the ability to counterweight, it'd be in my bag for sure.

I spent about 2 hours total at two diff stores hitting the Sigma 2 line. I like the Fetch but I like the Tyne better. Overall I was making more putts with it. Need to wait a couple of days and try them out again. PS my wife likes and will probably get the Fetch.

Last edited:
All right sorry for the late review. Between a laptop crash, coaching middle school basketball again and life Ive been way behind.

So I received the Tyne with the PP60 grip to test and report back on. A huge thank you to THP and Ping for the opportunity.

The thing that excited me the most about testing this line out was the adjustability of the length. Ive never been fit for a putter. Closest fitter would be a 2 hour drive each way. Ive used 33, 34, 35 and 36 in the past, really just going off feel. As ive been testing I realized i should have just bit the bullet and gone for a fitting a LONG time ago.

I currently us 2 different O works depending on the time of year. A 1W and a tank 7. My miss tends to be short and in the winter month when the greens get really slow that miss becomes terrible so i switch the the heavier tank 7. I really like the O works insert, I know its not for everyone, but have seen more good than bad. Prior to the O works i was using a Cleveland Huntington beach 6. I much prefer mallet styles over blades so the Tyne is right up my alley.

Back to the adjustability, I didnt try and adjustments right out of the box just started putting on my puttout mat. Seemed to be missing a lot to the right so I got the little tool out. The tool looks like a driver wrench but no T shape more like a drawer knob. I went all the way down to the 32" setting and that just felt weird. For those wondering Im 6'4" and prefer to stand a little more up right, which can be hard with long arms. Back to adjusting and kept moving it up up, dropping a coin from my eyes to try to get an eyes over the ball setup. Ended up at 33 1/2 inches according to the shaft bands, measured with a tape and got the same number. More balls on the puttout mat and im dialed in right at the cup. The ball rolls well on the mat, but honestly most balls do its flat and true.

Next day i get a chance to run to the course for 30 mins or so on the putting green. Hot damn this thing rolls the ball nice. Face isn't overly soft and the ball just wants to roll true with little to no skipping as it starts towards the hole. 30 mins goes by really fast but I like it enough to throw it in the bag for my Sunday morning stableford.

First round goes great, 32 putts, no 3 putts and Im seriously impressed. I average low 30s per round and probably only 3 putt every 3-4 rounds with my gamer. So to duplicate those numbers right out of the gate is awesome. That 32 could have easily been a 29/30 as I missed 3 putts by a combined 2 inches, they just hung on the edge. My short miss was gone for the most part. Most of the misses i had were from playing for break and the ball rolled so darn true and tight that it rode through the break. After one round Im already sold, but ive been fooled by the one round greatness before lol

A week goes by, no time to practice and its sunday stableford again and again the tyne is in the bag. More of the same, tight true rolls and loving it more. This time I finish with 31 putts and no three putts. This just might end up being my gamer.

Another week goes by and still no time for practice as Sunday stableford rolls around. This time i feel a little more comfortable with the speed of the rolls and play a little more aggressively at the cup and bam 29 putts still no 3 putts. This thing is becoming my new favorite club.

One more week and even though I have a little time indoors it pours rain all week. Sunday rolls around and the rain stops so out we go. Not so good this time. The greens havent been mowed due to rain and they are SLOW. I cant adjust and end u with 35 putts with 1 three putt. Ball is still rolling well but putting on velcro isnt my favorite thing.

Overall Im really loving this putter. The best way for me to explain the roll is like watching a PGA pro hit driver, swing looks effortless and it flys 300+ yards. The insert on the Tyne makes getting the ball rolling almost effortless. I find myself for the first time feel like im just smoothly letting the putter head go through the ball instead of "hitting" it like most of my other putters.

The grip is also working out really well for me. I usually play a SS slim 3 on the 1W and slim 2 on the 7. The PP60 feel smaller than the 2.0 and has a more pronounced ridge in the back. At first it felt really foreign but it has grown on me to the point where i like it better than the SS grips. It fits my grip very nicely. My only concern is what happens when the grip wears out? That may have already been covered here in the thread and I missed it.

Overall there isnt anything for me not to like and I could and will easily game this for the foreseeable future.

One more PRO , the Tyne picks the ball up super easy on its fins. Perfect for all the the times my partners will be saying "the rest of that is good" and I can swoop up the ball as I walk away :D

I went to the range yesterday, to try some drivers with my Kiwi friend, who is a greenkeeper. I ended up buying the Fetch. I could give some pretty incredible feedback on the results testing this on the putting green but I won't.
This putter has the best roll of all the putters I have. I like the adjustability. I do not like the head cover that comes with it, I'll be looking to replace it. Somehow putting the head cover back on is taking 2 or 3 times before it works. My greenkeeper friend doesn't like the Fetch at all because 'there'll always be users that will damage the cup or the hole with it'. I reminded him he is always taking the ball out of the cup with his old Ping Anser which can't be good either.
Anyways, great putter, great roll and love the Fetch feature. I bought it on the spot. The driver replacement will have to wait.

After watching me putt for 3 rounds, my father in law was convinced that he needed one of these putters. He tested a few and settled on the Arna. The insert is the real deal.

Fetch: Adjustability

So, in writing my reviews for the Ping Fetch, I thought that including some videos would help best describe some of the important aspects of the putter. When it comes to putters, much about buying a putter is about the feel and what I like from the sound and consistency across the face of the putter. Naturally, I want to make more putts and any putter that helps me in doing this is something I want in my bag. Therefore, in doing my reviews, besides speaking about how the putter reacts for my swing and the ease of making putts increases or decreases, I thought trying to also show some reviews about the aspects others on the forum may be interested in when/if they sould consider a Ping Sigma 2 putter to put in their bag. Christmas is just around the corner and then it's full golf season for many in the South. Here in the Northeast, we usually have to wait a few months to get on the greens. Siimilators are available, but putting isn't the best on those machines.

Below, is a quick video on how easily the Ping Sigma 2 is on adjustability. The adjustability feature will never replace a real custom putter fitting, but having the ability to adjust anywhere from 32" to 36" without changing the feel of the putter is something I found very cool. I know most people will usually go to the big box stores or online and pick a putter with a standard length of 34, 35, or 36 inches. That might be great for some, but not all or even most of us. We usually have to adjust our stance to get our eyes over the ball. With the ability to adjust the length of the Ping Sigma 2 putter, we can adjust the length to ANY size within the 32-36 inch range. I have found my most comfortable stance is at 33.5 inches. I am sure some will feel more comfortable at 34.75 and others at 35.25. But, you can clearly see once using the adjuster then with just a couple of turns the length can match your EXACT necessary size for the best overall feeling when putting.

Some other notes to consider will be the size you want for a putter grip. The putter I was given has a PP60 pistol grip. This is a midsize grip. The other options available are the PP61 and PP62 grip (I included a picture in the video). The PP61 is said to be a more pronounced pistol grip, while the PP62 is the oversize grip. I am thinking the larger size 2.0 or 2.5 type grip you see from Super Stroke. Either way you want to make sure you have the correct grip as with the adjustability system in place, I don't think changing these grips is going to be easy. I could be wrong, but looks more difficult to change. On another note, there is no way to put in a counter-weight into the grip. I use a 50g counter-weight on my gamer now and you just don't have the ability to do this while the adjustable system is placed in the grip of this putter, so that might deter some away from the Ping Sigma 2.

Well, here is the video and I expect to get a few others online in the coming days and weeks. I did a sound video, a MOI (Heel to Toe hit) video, and the one I find most interesting the "Fetch" video. Will the Fetch be too controversal for some as you can place the full putter head into the cup hole to retrieve your ball? To some, yep.

https://youtu.be/30aXZY-bP1o

Fetch: Sound

Yesterday I posted about the adjustability of the Ping Sigma 2 putter.

Today, I wanted to discuss the sound the insert makes when putting.

As I said previously, I understand how personal choosing a putter to feel comfortable and confident with can be very different for each individual. We all just want to make more putts. For many of us, this is about finding that putter we are happy with. Each of us look at different characteristics in a putter that we like and enjoy when striking the ball. One of those is the sound the putter makes after each putt.

It is very difficult for me to describe how a sound makes from a putter. The best I can say is a Ping like Sound. No pun intended from a Ping putter. To my ear it sound like a Ping. I really like the sound this putter makes. One thing to note, the sound is not noticeable different on off-center hits.

In the videos below you can hear the sound for yourself. I chose three different golf balls to test the sound: Snell MTB, Vision, and Srixon (throughout the video I totally flubbed the pronunciation of Srixon, sorry Srixon). I have three videos below: 3 feet and 6 feet to hear the sound from the black insert. Then, I went back to 15 feet to see if the second blue insert created an additional sound. You be the judge of that.

Here is from 3 feet

https://youtu.be/Yipdrue1cB0

Here is from 6 feet

ttps://youtu.be/pI9w1dzgERk

Lastly, here is from 15 feet

https://youtu.be/ekQbeA72u7A

Let me know what you all think of the sound the putter makes, and if you can distinguish and differences from the length of putts or from off-center hits.

Back