PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

Rolled the Arna inside for a while again tonight with the putt-out and decided to take some more pics. Nice to have a putter again that can scoop a ball after years with a mallet.

329B3B45-6150-4037-A578-8157061EA1A4.jpegA1C39877-8EE8-494D-9C46-73C6E0758B23.jpegFA48FBC7-7A8C-4217-909D-0C60F71D709C.jpeg5356363D-727B-4C63-B96F-F050F634CE11.jpeg4368B08C-906B-418C-9000-24AF4B78CF41.jpeg33BC9911-75EF-4C8F-871B-3F60737FEE05.jpeg5FC6DCE2-2A68-4DA2-B024-C1109D6A7D8E.jpeg676516B1-44FA-498B-9E1B-BEF623C50834.jpegD501D21F-BD5B-46C9-A606-B9E69E45D21A.jpegBA849BBD-81BA-4CBF-87B2-4E296AB82322.jpeg

It seems like these have been lost in all the noise of the Stroke Lab and other releases. I received a Fetch for Christmas and then had a bunch of credit that I needed to use at a store, so I bought a Stroke Lab and a Spider X. Three new putters dunking it out. The only thing is, is that I had left out the Fetch in the shoot out until last night, when I pulled it out and started making putt after putt on the PuttOutt Matt and that contraption that catches the ball if you putt it just right.

So, I took out the Fetch for a quick 9 holes this morning, while we were having a break in our fearsome winter weather. I really loved this putter and it may take the bag over the other two.

It seems like these have been lost in all the noise of the Stroke Lab and other releases. I received a Fetch for Christmas and then had a bunch of credit that I needed to use at a store, so I bought a Stroke Lab and a Spider X. Three new putters dunking it out. The only thing is, is that I had left out the Fetch in the shoot out until last night, when I pulled it out and started making putt after putt on the PuttOutt Matt and that contraption that catches the ball if you putt it just right.

So, I took out the Fetch for a quick 9 holes this morning, while we were having a break in our fearsome winter weather. I really loved this putter and it may take the bag over the other two.

Seeing all these other releases, mainly stroke lab and Toulon interests me too, makes me want to run out and buy another putter. Then I get the Tyne out and watch the putts drop and realise I dont need a new putter.

PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

I love this comment.

Haha. I’d prefer grabbing the ball from the hole after the putt that I’d make, but I’ll settle for the gimme pickup.

Haha. I’d prefer grabbing the ball from the hole after the putt that I’d make, but I’ll settle for the gimme pickup.

You could always go with the Fetch.

Went to Golf Galaxy today with my boy who is out of school due to icy roads.

He's playing the Sigma 2 Wolverine now. He wanted to try the Tyne. He hit a couple handfuls with it, then tried the Stroke Lab (the one shaped similar to the Tyne), and the TM Spider Mini.

He said the SL felt good, but he's leaning toward the Ping since it's similar to what he's using now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if you could change the grip in the sigma 2 putters?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, @ddec posted a video regarding changing the grip one page ago (page 20). Check it out.

It has been done. There's a video around here somewhere. I'll take you in it later when I'm not on my phone.

Yes, @ddec posted a video regarding changing the grip one page ago (page 20). Check it out.

looked like a bit of a pain, but definitely doable.

I still do that with my fetch ;)

anyone who is rolling these think it might be too soft?

In my limited experience, I don't think too soft is a problem at all.

My boy uses it as a gamer and he loves it. He's been playing it since maybe a couple weeks after I received mine for review and he says he thinks it's the best face out there.

He says the blue section helps tremendously on longer putts and on shorter putts the feel is nothing short of heaven.

He has hit the Stroke Lab, TM Spider mini, and Odyssey non-SL putters in Golf Galaxy and says that the Ping insert is his favorite by far. He won't even consider a non-insert putter at this point.

His only wish is that I had gotten the Tyne instead of the Wolverine. It's too "busy" for him.

In my limited experience, I don't think too soft is a problem at all.

My boy uses it as a gamer and he loves it. He's been playing it since maybe a couple weeks after I received mine for review and he says he thinks it's the best face out there.

He says the blue section helps tremendously on longer putts and on shorter putts the feel is nothing short of heaven.

He has hit the Stroke Lab, TM Spider mini, and Odyssey non-SL putters in Golf Galaxy and says that the Ping insert is his favorite by far. He won't even consider a non-insert putter at this point.

His only wish is that I had gotten the Tyne instead of the Wolverine. It's too "busy" for him.

I think it is a great feeling insert. I've never been strictly insert or milled guy, just want to roll what feels good. I know for me where I've struggle before with soft-ish inserts is on mid to long range putts. The other day I rolled these, O-Works, and Stroke Lab putters, and this to me was the softest of the three. All three put a nice roll on the ball, and I gamed an O-Works for a while and enjoyed the heck out of it. So just curious of the guys who are still gaming them if they have seen anything like that at all.

Have you and your boy messed with length at all?

I think it is a great feeling insert. I've never been strictly insert or milled guy, just want to roll what feels good. I know for me where I've struggle before with soft-ish inserts is on mid to long range putts. The other day I rolled these, O-Works, and Stroke Lab putters, and this to me was the softest of the three. All three put a nice roll on the ball, and I gamed an O-Works for a while and enjoyed the heck out of it. So just curious of the guys who are still gaming them if they have seen anything like that at all.

I have games mine for probably close to 40 rounds at this point (perk of living in Florida) and I have found that I can put from anywhere on the green with confidence. While the insert feels a bit soft, my experience has been that the roll will still travel well with a solid follow through. In fact, I have found the softness of the insert to help me from blowing past the hole on the 50’ plus putts.

Perhaps more importantly, the roll from this insert is very, very consistent. I moved from an O-Works 1W to the Kushin C and the consistent roll from the Sigma 2 has improved my long putting, having had my two longest made putts with this putter. There is definitely a bit of a learning curve for distance control between the O-Works and Sigma 2, but it’s not large.

I have games mine for probably close to 40 rounds at this point (perk of living in Florida) and I have found that I can put from anywhere on the green with confidence. While the insert feels a bit soft, my experience has been that the roll will still travel well with a solid follow through. In fact, I have found the softness of the insert to help me from blowing past the hole on the 50’ plus putts.

Perhaps more importantly, the roll from this insert is very, very consistent. I moved from an O-Works 1W to the Kushin C and the consistent roll from the Sigma 2 has improved my long putting, having had my two longest made putts with this putter. There is definitely a bit of a learning curve for distance control between the O-Works and Sigma 2, but it’s not large.

Love it dude, good stuff.

I fiddled with the length a little when I used it. My gamer now is 33", I think, and I settled around there somewhere, maybe 33.5".

I think my boy is leaning more toward 34-34.5" or so.

I like the adjustable feature mainly for the simple reason that if you sell/trade/give the putter to someone, you don't have to worry about the length being right. I doubt I would have ever adjusted it once I got set on a length, but the adjustability makes the resale value much better, I think.

Before the sigma I gamed an Oworks and the sigma is better in every aspect than the oworks. The roll is awesome and so damn consistent. Doesn't matter long or short putts, I have confidence standing over any putt. A putter that is too soft doesn't let me know if I mis hit, the sigma lets you know if its heel or toe strike but does you a favor and still puts a good roll on the ball :D

I’ve found it can be ball dependent, I prefer to play a harder ball which can sometimes be a bit fast and clicky with some putters but not this. However I’m using a chrome soft and some Srixon soft in the house it definitely softer but not mushy like some of the odyssey inserts.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the thoughts.

Before the sigma I gamed an Oworks and the sigma is better in every aspect than the oworks. The roll is awesome and so damn consistent. Doesn't matter long or short putts, I have confidence standing over any putt. A putter that is too soft doesn't let me know if I mis hit, the sigma lets you know if its heel or toe strike but does you a favor and still puts a good roll on the ball :D

Exact same story for me as this. I say you should pull the trigger and purchase!

I’m not huge on linking other’s media here, but this was a strikingly accurate portrayal of my experience with this putter

https://youtu.be/8wkj4TinFbU

I’m not huge on linking other’s media here, but this was a strikingly accurate portrayal of my experience with this putter

https://youtu.be/8wkj4TinFbU

That was great. Being small myself, I know the feeling too well. True in so many aspects in life.

Back