MarMill

Be Positive!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Grint 8.10
I have been tinkering with my new Ooni Koda. Been getting pretty good results with NY Pizza dough.

98D75A2E-8A8F-4BED-957F-236B60F7E154.jpeg
6B05E2BC-52E1-4C70-B4E7-D95412C9B077.jpeg
Anyone have other pizza ovens?

Very nice. Do you make your own dough?

Yes. It is a very simple dough recipe. This dough was left to cold ferment for like 9 days and still turned out great.

Nice. Cool device that runs multiple ways.

Very cool! I feel like I need one of those

That looks cool. My brother in law built himself a brick pizza oven. He used to be in the construction business and had the skills. It is awesome and a lot of fun. I like the look of that OONI though.

That looks very tasty. I hope your nice thread does not get ruined by the PBPP's

Peanut butter pizza perverts.:p

I totally need one now :).

I do make pizzas - my favorite way to make them is on the grill. My only issue is that I just cannot get the dough quite the consistency I like - it usually comes out way too elastic when I'm trying to form it.

That looks very tasty. I hope your nice thread does not get ruined by the PBPP's

Peanut butter pizza perverts.:p
Haha I have never encountered these PBPP's you speak of...

I do make pizzas - my favorite way to make them is on the grill. My only issue is that I just cannot get the dough quite the consistency I like - it usually comes out way too elastic when I'm trying to form it.
Maybe you have too much hydration in your dough. You could try and do like a 60-62% hydration and see if it comes out less elastic.

The Ooni Koda is not (brick oven) but the portability and convenience of gas set up is 100!

You can also proof it for longer (48-72 hrs) will usually help where it's not quite so elastic, at least for me it does.

That crust looks great. You have to have a slight char on the crust! Well done!

What's this I'm hearing about peanut butter pizza? It's a combo I would have never considered, but could be promising.

The best pizza crust I've ever eaten was made with almond flour. If I could make an almond flour crust and have peanut butter, too, I'd probably be in heaven.

I made some Chicago style thin crust for my buddies down here. Best pizza any of them have had since they got on the island.
810fa824a5eaf0f7ba28de9176dce2bb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have been shopping pizza ovens and it looks like there a number of good options out there. The Ooni, the Roccbox, the Napoli at Amazon among some of the ones I am considering. Does anyone have any strong thoughts or recommendations about any of these?

I have been shopping pizza ovens and it looks like there a number of good options out there. The Ooni, the Roccbox, the Napoli at Amazon among some of the ones I am considering. Does anyone have any strong thoughts or recommendations about any of these?

All solid choices. We went with a Pizza Que, because it was stupid cheap and still gets to close to 750 degrees.

All solid choices. We went with a Pizza Que, because it was stupid cheap and still gets to close to 750 degrees.

Is that the sort of egg shaped one on Amazon?

How does it do with the char on the bottom of the crust?

Is that the sort of egg shaped one on Amazon?

How does it do with the char on the bottom of the crust?

Works perfectly for us. My goal was 750* for the cheapest I could find. Our last one did hotter but was so big. So I wanted smaller when we got our 3rd grill. I had heard that this got hotter than was listed and it does for us. I run it off propane and it takes 5 minutes to get hot. I tested with laser temp reader and was pleased.

Back