Planning to Complete the RTJ

Catastrophi

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Hackers - a group of my buddies and I are looking to complete the RTJ trail over the next year or two. We have completed Silver Lakes, Oxmoor Valley, and Ross Bridge. Next destination will be Montgomery for Capitol Hill, Cambrian Ridge and Grand National. For those that have completed the trail - how did y'all plan the southern most courses? Magnolia Grove and Lakewood are easy, but Highland Oaks is a bit out in the middle of nowhere. I'm trying to figure out logistics and what makes the most sense! Thanks Hackers!

I have not completed the RTJ trail, but boy would I like too! I'll follow this.

I have not completed the RTJ trail, but boy would I like too! I'll follow this.
We've had a blast on our first trip and can't wait to go back. We played 72 holes on our first trip. It's the best bang for your buck!

We've had a blast on our first trip and can't wait to go back. We played 72 holes on our first trip. It's the best bang for your buck!

Yes, and some great courses too. I enjoy playing any RTJ course in Alabama when I get the chance. Good luck on your mission!

I’ve only played Magnolia Grove & Grand National on the Trail! Now that you mentioned this feat I think I want to give it a go on completing.

If all the other properties compare to Grand National I would love to check out more of them.

- Magnolia Grove/Lakewood - Wait until a beach vacation
- Ross Bridge/Oxmoor/Silver Lakes - Birmingham Trip (Pursell Farms is a must play)
- Cambrian Ridge/Capitol Hill/Grand National - Best Trip on the Trail. We played Cambrian Ridge on the drive in then rented a nice house on Lake Martin (Montgomery is dreadfully boring). It’s an easy 45 minute drive to both Capitol Hill & Grand National from there.
- Highland Oaks - On top of being super inconvenient to get too this was my least favorite trail site. If theres a strong possibility you’ll be traveling along I-10 sooner or later then just take the short 30-45 minute detour off the interstate.
- Hampton Cove/The Shoals - Easiest way to check off The Shoals

Highland Oaks is basically two hours from anywhere. Best bet is to include it with any trips taken to Panama City Beach, Destin, etc.

This has my mind working on dropping the kids off at my parents in Huntsville and hitting Hampton Cove and Shoals on a long weekend.

I’ve only played Magnolia Grove & Grand National on the Trail! Now that you mentioned this feat I think I want to give it a go on completing.
I've played Ross Bridge and the Lakewood courses. Call me when you get an idea of when you'll try to play, especially Birmingham and the North Alabama courses.

Have played only the southern tier in conjunctiom to trips on the Gulf Shore for mostly playing elsewhere.

I've played Ross Bridge and the Lakewood courses. Call me when you get an idea of when you'll try to play, especially Birmingham and the North Alabama courses.
Absolutely…next time I’m out that way visiting clients I will be tackling the next few.

- Magnolia Grove/Lakewood - Wait until a beach vacation
- Ross Bridge/Oxmoor/Silver Lakes - Birmingham Trip (Pursell Farms is a must play)
- Cambrian Ridge/Capitol Hill/Grand National - Best Trip on the Trail. We played Cambrian Ridge on the drive in then rented a nice house on Lake Martin (Montgomery is dreadfully boring). It’s an easy 45 minute drive to both Capitol Hill & Grand National from there.
- Highland Oaks - On top of being super inconvenient to get too this was my least favorite trail site. If theres a strong possibility you’ll be traveling along I-10 sooner or later then just take the short 30-45 minute detour off the interstate.
- Hampton Cove/The Shoals - Easiest way to check off The Shoals

Wish we woulda played Pursell Farms when we were in Birmingham, but just didn't have the time. We're planning Cambrian/Capitol Hill/Grand National for June.

We're from Texas so we're flying into Alabama for each trip.. Highland hills is going to be a pain... Thinking about turning that one into a Destin trip.

Back