Play This Shot - 8/12

I'm probably going full PW aimed at the left edge and hoping it falls either at or slightly before the green..

i'm playing a choked down 8 iron, aiming at the tall tree left of the bunker, locking my wrist to ensure a square clubface and no twisting, as that rough looks pretty treacherous. Hoping that the ball either lands on the front and filters back, or ends up just short. I wouldn't want to miss left and have a downhill chip from the rough or the bunker...

After looking at the deepness of the green I would take a choke-down 8i and aim for the left bunker - with that lie and the ball sitting up I tend to catch it high on the face and will balloon for me - however, with the ball below your feet it should fade to the center of the green.

Out of curiosity, what course is this?

8iron with a 3/4 swing aiming for the slope on the green to filter the ball to the hole. Allow for more club to compensate for the ball below the feet.

3/4 8 iron right at the center of the bunker, hitting a low ball trying to run it in. Hopefully my natural cut and the ball below my feet get it working toward the hole. My usual miss would be left. I would feel like a million bucks if that all came together!

Aw, this is easy. I'd pull hook the shot up left where the cart path does that Y, leaving myself a sh*tty downhill lie in the tall rough for a pitch onto the green. I'd leave that short for a chip onto the green which would go about 20 feet beyond the hole for a three putt. Triple bogey! :banghead:
This, so much this.

I'll try a knockdown shot with a 5i and see what happens. Better chance for me to make solid contact and the worst case scenario is much less risky. Hoping for a rollout onto the green but I'll take it being short and have a better lie for a pitch or chip off the front if need be.

I see this kind of lie quite often. I would play a 9i to fade since the ball is fellow my feet and it might come out hot. My miss is a pull generally, and the bunker isn't the worst place in the world if I end up there, so it is a pretty comfortable swing despite the lie. Focus on staying down, smooth into contact and go from there. Line would ideally be just inside the left edge of the green.

After looking at the deepness of the green I would take a choke-down 8i and aim for the left bunker - with that lie and the ball sitting up I tend to catch it high on the face and will balloon for me - however, with the ball below your feet it should fade to the center of the green.
This^^^^^

Back