Please recommend me a ball!

clidefr0g

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello everyone.. Im taking the step from buying buckets of assorted golf balls to staying with one single ball. I have not tested a lot, but one ive found myself using is the yellow nxt tour S. I still lose enough that I dont want to be spending $40 a dozen, and I cant seem to find them used that easily for much of a better price.. so..

My questions is, what yellow ball, would be good for an approx 100mph swing, that will give good distance and good feel around the greens, that is maybe a few years removed to get a quality ball at a decent price?

I know, im asking for a lot lol but there is so damn many balls and it is just impossible to test them..

Oh P.S. If this ball could fix my slice...
38305816.jpg

Love the yellow Qstars. $24 per dozen around my parts. Performs very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone.. Im taking the step from buying buckets of assorted golf balls to staying with one single ball. I have not tested a lot, but one ive found myself using is the yellow nxt tour S. I still lose enough that I dont want to be spending $40 a dozen, and I cant seem to find them used that easily for much of a better price.. so..

My questions is, what yellow ball, would be good for an approx 100mph swing, that will give good distance and good feel around the greens, that is maybe a few years removed to get a quality ball at a decent price?

I know, im asking for a lot lol but there is so damn many balls and it is just impossible to test them..

Bridgestone B330-RX in yellow fits that bill. The newest version is the 2014 version, but you can still find the 2012 version being sold online for much cheaper than the 2014 version. Example: http://www.amazon.com/Bridgestone-Golf-Yellow-Balls-Dozen/dp/B0075CG532

Love the yellow Qstars. $24 per dozen around my parts. Performs very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 here. The ball is a nice two piece that fits SS above 70, reduces spin on drivers and irons and still plays good into and around the Gerry and for $24-25 is a great value.

Low spin yellow ball to help with a slice and perform well on the green?

Callaway Supersoft. Only $20 a dzn.

Try it. You'll get hooked.

I have been playing Q-stars and Bridgestone Lady Precept, and like both of them.

A bit more partial to the Q-Star though, been playing them for a couple years now and love them!

Srixon Q Star or Callaway supersofts are great all around balls. Soft around the greens, long without the harsh feel of a distance ball. Seemed to fly straigher for me and a mid flight. Both can be found for 20-25 per dozen.

For the price range u are looking for I would say Callaway Supersoft or possibly one of the Bridgestone lines.

Here's another voter for the 2012 Brisgestone 330-RX. Try rockbottomgolf for a good deal on the yellow version.

I second this, and if there is a Bridgestone dynamic ball fitting near you, even better. If your not a fan of Bridgestone balls, still do it. Their ball fitting is second to none. The ball they recommend will be the one that has the characteristics that are best for your swing at that time. If you don't want to play that brand, just take those ball specs and find something in the brand you like that matches.

Having said that, every recommendation in this thread will be good. Part of the fun is trying a lot of new balls. IMO, if you like the NXT, try the Q-star, Bridgestone e6 or e7, or, a real bargain, the Wilson Duo, all available in yellow. For fun rounds, I'm playing Callaway X-Hot 2 in yellow right now and it's a nice ball.

Bridgestone e6.

If you want something that checks more around the greens, the Bridgestone e5, or the Callaway Hex Chrome/Hex Chrome+. While the Hex Chromes say they're split between moderate and tour speeds, they really come down to feel. My swing speed is a little higher than yours, but I liked the Hex Chromes better than the +.

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone, I decided to go with the Q star I just ordered 4 dozen from Knetgolf.com, they had by far the chepest prices i could find and very reasonable shipping! I went with used ones to try them out first.

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone, I decided to go with the Q star I just ordered 4 dozen from Knetgolf.com, they had by far the chepest prices i could find and very reasonable shipping! I went with used ones to try them out first.
You will enjoy them, great multi purpose ball. All the best, shoot low.

And once you've decided on which of these great suggestions to go with, go to lost golf balls to buy them for less than 50% of new!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Will love to hear your opinion of them and how your game goes while playing them. Good luck and here's to low scores and not losing balls

Ive been playing yellow Q Stars for 3 years now and I absolutely love them. Kind of getting sick of spending $25/dozen, I know not all that expensive but still, so I just bought 4 dozen from Golf ball Planet at $9.99/dozen. We'll see how they stand up.

Callaway SuperSoft.
Bridgestone Lady Precept
Wilson Duo

I don't know why, but I had a hard time holding the greens with the Srixon Q-Star.

And once you've decided on which of these great suggestions to go with, go to lost golf balls to buy them for less than 50% of new!
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Looks like you've already bought them but I'll add a big SECOND for lostgolfballs.com. Get the AAAAA balls and they are like new for a great price. Place to go when you run out of those Q-stars.

I like the yellow ball myself, can see better in the light blue Colorado sky, I play Q-stars in the winter, they'll compress, and Callaway Chrome+ otherwise - the AAAAA balls are $18.99 a doz there. Can't beat that

Low spin yellow ball to help with a slice and perform well on the green?

Callaway Supersoft. Only $20 a dzn.

Try it. You'll get hooked.

^^^This!^^^

Once you try this golf ball you will be hooked. Straight as an arrow and long as can be. Checks up with iron and wedge shots and putts amazingly. And for the price, you can buy twice as many as other balls?? Yeah I'm playing the Callaway SuperSoft till they stop making them. Which I hope is never!

Wilson Staff 50 elite, $12/dz in yellow. I've yet to try mine but it is reviewed very similar to the E6, some reviewers even preferred it more. Worth looking into.

TopFlite Gamer or Gamer Tour
Bridgestone e6
Callaway Hex Chrome +

Please recommend me a ball!

I haven't hit the supersoft, q-stars are a good suggestion, but I think Wilson Duos are a little better around the green. I play the NXT tour S and I like the feels around the green, I thought I saw the used yellows at lostgolfballs.com for $23 a dozen. DT solos would work too.

Back