Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Each day in my living room

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Occasionally stop by the putting green after work

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Never! Its boring.

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
I try to hit the putting and chipping green a couple of nights a week.

This week, is kind of unusual, since the girls are out of town. Tonight I'll hit the putting green only. Tomorrow evening, I hope to play. Wednesday, I'll go to the range and chip. Thursday, I'll probably putt again.

I'm headed to the Farm again this weekend, with no time to play (got work to do). I can hit sand shots with one of the old wedges I have out there when I want a break from turning wrenches.

Next week, I'll probably just play and hit the putting & chipping green once, it's tougher when the girls are home, I want to be with them.

I try to hit the putting and chipping green a couple of nights a week.

This week, is kind of unusual, since the girls are out of town. Tonight I'll hit the putting green only. Tomorrow evening, I hope to play. Wednesday, I'll go to the range and chip. Thursday, I'll probably putt again.

I'm headed to the Farm again this weekend, with no time to play (got work to do). I can hit sand shots with one of the old wedges I have out there when I want a break from turning wrenches.

Next week, I'll probably just play and hit the putting & chipping green once, it's tougher when the girls are home, I want to be with them.

Twerpy's your older one, right? Otherwise I'd suggest you take her to the range and play putting games with her--who can hit from the furthest distance, who can hit the most from 3 feet away, and so on.

I practice putting/chipping pretty much everyday...JB do you have any of those putting things that are shaped like a huge rectangle with a V cut out of one of the ends? You can put tees in it along the path youd like to put along?

You will have to check out our reviews. I believe Harry Longshanks reviewed the Putter Arc.

I practice putting/chipping pretty much everyday...JB do you have any of those putting things that are shaped like a huge rectangle with a V cut out of one of the ends? You can put tees in it along the path youd like to put along?

Do you mean something like this:
237600.jpg

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/237600

Twerpy's your older one, right? Otherwise I'd suggest you take her to the range and play putting games with her--who can hit from the furthest distance, who can hit the most from 3 feet away, and so on.

Twerpy's my only one (I call wifey and daughter "my girls")

I take her to the range sometimes. The place where I stop and practice, is on my way home. I work 40+ miles from the house, and by the time I drive home, it's getting kind of late to take her out for many activities. I usually take her with me on Friday evenings or some time during the weekend. It's been really hot here lately, so I don't take her out for much during the day (it was 106° on Saturday) She likes to chip, but putting is her favorite, so we spend quite a bit of time doing that. We even stopped at my usual practice place when I took her with me on "Take Your Daughter To Work" day. We had a blast.

I love to practice putting! Absolutely my favorite part of the game. Such a simple act, but yet so tough to do properly.

I have 2 drills I work on.

1. The 3,4,5 foot putting circle. Phil M talks about this in his video but I have been doing it for years. Work on making 8 3 footers in a row. After working from 3 feet I go to 4 feet, and then 5 feet. I have even taken the practice drill and incorporated it as part of my pre-shot routine.

2. I also use the putting tudor from Pelz golf. Helps me to get putts started online.

I also use the putting tudor from Pelz golf. Helps me to get putts started online.

Okay, usually I don't bug (most) people about spelling errors, but this one is irresistible. Apologies. Miss too many three footers, and it's off with your head.

BHC2763.jpg

Back