Pre Swing Routine

Pharaoh

🌹Grandaddy X 🌹 #TeamLegacy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What do you do as your pre swing routine before each shot?

Look, practice swing, go.

No need for more than that imo.

I stand behind the ball and find my aimpoint, then i move next to the ball keeping my eye on said aimpoint, aim clubface then step in with my right foot even with the ball, setup left foot, adjust right foot, one last look at target, swing.

If I think too much I introduce all sorts of bad thoughts in my head. For me it's look- give it a waggle or two and go.

I stand behind the ball and find something 1-2 feet in front of the ball, in line with my target, to use as an aimpoint. Then a little half practice swing and go. I'm trying to be deliberate and not overthink it.

Quick visualization, setup, then go. No practice swing.

Most significant thing I added, several years ago, was aim. No matter the shot, I always pick a spot on the ground 3-5 feet in front of the ball and line my club and that spot to my target, like sighting a rifle. So easy to align the club face to that spot. Game changer for me.

I'm still amazed how many ams literally have no idea where their face is aiming when they step into a shot.

Easier to show a video of it. I’m playing later today and will not cut that part out of my recordings today so o can post it.

Stand behind the ball, find a spot a few feet in front of the ball for aim point. Set up to ball and take half swing to get loose. Remember swing thought of the day. Fire away.

I don't have a pre swing routine. At least physically. Weigh options and decide shot, setup for shot, hit shot. There's a lot of movement and some semi-regular things that take place while that's happening, but that's definitely not what I'm focusing on.

Generally, find my target, then pick a spot a foot or two in front of the ball on the line I want to start it, either a practice swing behind the ball or beside it, step in, visualize the shot for a second or two, and swing.

GAS. Grip, Address, Swing.

1. Stand behind the ball
2. Pick target line
3. One smooth practice swing
4. Hit the ball

This is the pre-shot routine you want to use to bogey the easiest part three on the course.

Excluding all the mental calculations and stuff I do before it's my turn to hit (lie, distance, type of shot, club, etc.).... Take a couple of practice swings because terrain isn't flat, make sure I'm aligned with my target, one last look down the line, take a breath and let it out, pull the trigger.

Find aim point within 2 feet in front of ball. Take 1 swing a step away from ball seeing contact location, if ok, step up and hit ball.

Nothing really, quick distance check, make sure the lie is OK and then pull the trigger. Should really work on alignment a little more which is something I've been telling myself for years!

Get the line, maybe a loose swing or two, square up, waggle, go.

1. Stand behind the ball
2. Pick target line
3. One smooth practice swing
4. Hit the ball

This but two practice swings and they're not smooth.

I’m presently working to develop one to slow down a little.

I stand behind the ball and find my aimpoint, then i move next to the ball keeping my eye on said aimpoint, aim clubface then step in with my right foot even with the ball, setup left foot, adjust right foot, one last look at target, swing.

This, but I add a deep exhale just before I start my swing, it helps me relax my shoulders.

Once I decide on what club and shot to hit, I pick out an alignment spot somewhere on line in front of the ball. I step back, take the club to the top of my backswing and stop then stretch it a little farther. Then, I just let the club fall into a practice downswing. Then i step back into my setup and swing.

The preshot helps stretch my stiff back and also reminds me to finish the backswing and not rush the downswing

Back