Pro Golfers To get 100,000 if tested positive for COVID-19

Tee1Up

Reaction score
Caddies to also get 10,000 if they test positive.
what are your thoughts?

TV ratings must be strong? Good way to incentivize players to enter tournaments.

I would rather not get Covid. That is the best outcome.

Interesting. What happens if their families get it? I'm assuming that's not covered.

Just tried to post here and said it couldn't be found. What happened?

Anyway... $100k is a no-brainer. I'm thinking I'd still do it for $10k. The hardest part would be distancing from MrsOG for 2 weeks. My boy has already had it, I think, so we could still play golf while I'm distancing from her.

is this for real?
i mean if your missing cut after cut after cut, wow.. $100k looks pretty damn good.

Who is paying that?

is this for real?
i mean if your missing cut after cut after cut, wow.. $100k looks pretty damn good.
They have put restrictions on what makes you eligible. You have to be a good bubble boy and abide by all of the covid guidelines to get the payout.

we could get to herd immunity real quick giving people $200 to get infected. 🤷‍♂️

/s

Caddies are getting $30,000 if I heard correctly.

I have no interest in being sick. I think it's great that the Tour is just cutting checks (assuming it's the tour.) It would be great if all employers paid employees as a reassurance if they were to get sick.

$100,000 seems like an awful lot.

Not a fan. First off they are "independent contractors"so paying someone for work missed doesn't make sense to me. It is not like they are working for XYZ corporation and get sick leave or worker's comp. Secondly what happens to a player who contracts a different disease or breaks a leg-they get nothing?

Caddies are getting $30,000 if I heard correctly.
"Golf Channel also reported that caddies, two of whom tested positive this week, are eligible for up to $10,000. "

Not a fan. First off they are "independent contractors"so paying someone for work missed doesn't make sense to me. It is not like they are working for XYZ corporation and get sick leave or worker's comp. Secondly what happens to a player who contracts a different disease or breaks a leg-they get nothing?

I hear ya, but I think the Tour is worried that some of the players (many?) might start getting antsy and not play if a few more start testing positive. I'd say this is their first effort to keep the fields full.

Your mind went the exact same place mine did? This seems wrong... But, I guess it all depends on where the money is coming from...

The pro sports leagues are all non-profits and forever being used as testing grounds to test or pass new laws, especially relating to labor rights.
Not a fan of these practices. Pay taxes if you're gonna pull this crap.

I hear ya, but I think the Tour is worried that some of the players (many?) might start getting antsy and not play if a few more start testing positive.
That's on them then if they don't want to play. I have my own business but couldn't see telling my boss I don't want to work but pay me anyway.

is this for real?

If you don't miss a cut 100K is a little light. It seems reasonable to me. I would probably like the caddy to get a bit more but 10K is 10% of what the player gets which matches a win.

The Tour is kind of a joint partnership of the Players. The Tour definitely has health insurance and retirement benefits for the players and their families.

is this for real?
I'd be hugging my playing partners after each Thursday and Friday round.

That's on them then if they don't want to play. I have my own business but couldn't see telling my boss I don't want to work but pay me anyway.

That's on them if a few pull out. I think what the Tour is worried about is what if enough pull out that it wouldn't be worth having a tournament. Now, the Tour suffers.

Back