Pro Wrestling Thread

This one always makes me laugh!
the-rock-wwe-snl.jpg

I am not a wrestling fan at all, but this is gold.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Gotta admit, Shane o Mac was a shocker. I am legit worried for his safety at wm, though.

Little known Shane o Mac fact. He greeted Rory coming off 18 at Augusta when he had his meltdown on the back nine. I'd love to tee it up with him.

2011-April-10-18-59-30.jpg

I'm hoping that 'Taker aligns himself with Shane somehow....or maybe Cena or Sting get involved to help Shane win which would also setup an opponent for 'Taker at the next WM? That's probably a big IF, though.

They need to turn Roman, but there's no way they do at this point. It sure seems like Vince is dead set at pushing him down everyone's throat. His move set sucks, too....punch, punch, clothesline, punch, spear....yada, yada...

I'm hoping that 'Taker aligns himself with Shane somehow....or maybe Cena or Sting get involved to help Shane win which would also setup an opponent for 'Taker at the next WM? That's probably a big IF, though.

They need to turn Roman, but there's no way they do at this point. His move set sucks, too....punch, punch, clothesline, punch, spear....yada, yada...

Gonna disagree with you on Roman. Dude can work. He can't talk, but he can work. People just aren't catching on. I think they missed the opportunity to turn him Sunday night for sure. I honestly don't care to see triple h wrestle anymore. That was more disappointing than anything they've done with Roman.

Gonna disagree with you on Roman. Dude can work. He can't talk, but he can work. People just aren't catching on. I think they missed the opportunity to turn him Sunday night for sure. I honestly don't care to see triple h wrestle anymore. That was more disappointing than anything they've done with Roman.

I'll clarify by saying that yeah, he can work & the matches he's in usually tend to be good. Now, is that him being good or the others in the matches making him look better? He takes a beating well, but his move set does suck. Very limited. No swagger. No charisma. He's just boring as vanilla.

They definitely should've turned him Sunday.

I'll clarify by saying that yeah, he can work & the matches he's in usually tend to be good. Now, is that him being good or the others in the matches making him look better? He takes a beating well, but his move set does suck. Very limited. No swagger. No charisma. He's just boring as vanilla.

They definitely should've turned him Sunday.

You know whose move set makes Roman's look like Daniel Bryan? The Rock.

Charisma matters moreso than ever, especially in the PG/Reality Era. Every time they roll out an Attitude Era star, they shame the current generation in terms of talking. The best talkers in this generation are Rollins, Xavier Woods, and Bray Wyatt. Ambrose is getting better. Paul Heyman is a class unto himself (Woods is not far behind though). On the women's side it's Sasha Banks and everyone else. The rest are a joke.

Outside of that small group, where are the best personalities? NXT. No surprise though, it's being run by an Attitude Era star and he's giving them the same freedom to grow that made him the star he is. The future is bright not because of the stars coming up, but you get a glimpse into how the WWE might be run after Vince rides off.

It's clear that WWE is committed to Reigns as a babyface champ after WM. Why that is I don't know. Some of the best characters are those that blur the lines. It takes a special kind of personality to be a pure babyface. Roman is not that. He could do wonders as the "bad good guy" though.

On the women's side it's Sasha Banks and everyone else. The rest are a joke.

It's clear that WWE is committed to Reigns as a babyface champ after WM. Why that is I don't know. Some of the best characters are those that blur the lines. It takes a special kind of personality to be a pure babyface. Roman is not that. He could do wonders as the "bad good guy" though.

Charlotte is improving. She needs a little more time. She's getting easier to root against, but Sasha is head and shoulders above everyone else.

I think we see Reigns turn either before or at WM. They can't let him stay the good guy and get booed out of the arena in Dallas. The Rock had to be bad before he was good. Same theory here.

Something has to change with the Roman/trips angle before Mania. What happens next when Wrestlemania in Dallas ends with Roman Reigns getting booed? This isn't the royal rumble or some other show, this is the grandest stage of them all and he is going to get booed out of the building.

Charlotte is improving. She needs a little more time. She's getting easier to root against, but Sasha is head and shoulders above everyone else.

I think we see Reigns turn either before or at WM. They can't let him stay the good guy and get booed out of the arena in Dallas. The Rock had to be bad before he was good. Same theory here.

I can't stand Charlotte....at all. Sasha is really good. Becky Lynch isn't bad and Bayley in NXT is damn good, too. I used to skip women's matches, but I do watch when Sasha is involved. She's that good in the ring.

Something has to change with the Roman/trips angle before Mania. What happens next when Wrestlemania in Dallas ends with Roman Reigns getting booed? This isn't the royal rumble or some other show, this is the grandest stage of them all and he is going to get booed out of the building.

They may have found the answer but it's going to have to go away from the PG era. The biggest pops for Roman have been when his appearances have gotten flat nasty, like TLC and last night on RAW. He's not the next Daniel Bryan, and the fans won't accept him as the next John Cena. He may end up having to be the next Cactus Jack (not "Mick Foley" - the brutal Cactus Jack).

They may have found the answer but it's going to have to go away from the PG era. The biggest pops for Roman have been when his appearances have gotten flat nasty, like TLC and last night on RAW. He's not the next Daniel Bryan, and the fans won't accept him as the next John Cena. He may end up having to be the next Cactus Jack (not "Mick Foley" - the brutal Cactus Jack).

The reason why I feel like this will fail is because from what we saw last night he is against The Game Triple H. Everyone cheered when Roman destroyed Authority Triple H, because like with Stone Cold everyone wants to be able to beat up their boss. But with the Triple H we saw last night I just don't see how Roman will get cheered. Especially if HHH is doing the crotch chop. Which was a horrible decision last night because in no way is that going to get people to boo him. The crowd loved that last night. For Roman to get cheered HHH is going to have to be the slimy authority HHH who cheats to win and not the HHH we saw last night

The reason why I feel like this will fail is because from what we saw last night he is against The Game Triple H. Everyone cheered when Roman destroyed Authority Triple H, because like with Stone Cold everyone wants to be able to beat up their boss. But with the Triple H we saw last night I just don't see how Roman will get cheered. Especially if HHH is doing the crotch chop. Which was a horrible decision last night because in no way is that going to get people to boo him. The crowd loved that last night. For Roman to get cheered HHH is going to have to be the slimy authority HHH who cheats to win and not the HHH we saw last night

There is a 1% max chance HHH walks out of WM still the champ right now. The question is how much fan reaction will affect creative decisions the next 40 days. For all the pub that is rightly given to how the fans changed the script for Bryan as a whole and Reigns post Rumble 2015, that was so notable because it was the exception. And HHH the wrestler will always be the DX version of himself regardless of his suit wearing persona. HHH is even further fractured as a character with his clear babyface role as the leader of NXT. He has to step out as champion.

Maybe this is where Shane-O-Mac steps in. He somehow wins at WM and takes over RAW. If Shane wins at WM, then it makes a lot more sense to have HHH remain champion to build that storyline. And then you start getting inured stars back, most notably Seth Rollins. I think in the second half of 2016 The Shield will be reformed. What I don't know is if it's a face or a heel group. I'd like them to be a hybrid, willing to take on or out any other faction.

There is a 1% max chance HHH walks out of WM still the champ right now. The question is how much fan reaction will affect creative decisions the next 40 days. For all the pub that is rightly given to how the fans changed the script for Bryan as a whole and Reigns post Rumble 2015, that was so notable because it was the exception. And HHH the wrestler will always be the DX version of himself regardless of his suit wearing persona. HHH is even further fractured as a character with his clear babyface role as the leader of NXT. He has to step out as champion.

Maybe this is where Shane-O-Mac steps in. He somehow wins at WM and takes over RAW. If Shane wins at WM, then it makes a lot more sense to have HHH remain champion to build that storyline. And then you start getting inured stars back, most notably Seth Rollins. I think in the second half of 2016 The Shield will be reformed. What I don't know is if it's a face or a heel group. I'd like them to be a hybrid, willing to take on or out any other faction.

That's another thing I forgot about. It's going to be the day after HHH is responsible for putting on a hell of a show in Takeover Dallas and I guarantee you that show will be incredible. So the fans are already going to be loving HHH. Honestly I would like to see HHH win at Mania and then Shane win as well and Shane brings in Rollins as his guy to fight against HHH and then at Summerslam we have a shield triple threat. Unless they are holding off on that until next years mania

I just want HHH to go away....for good! Stay behind the scenes & keep kicking ass with NXT. I've been sick of wrestler HHH since WM25 when he completely buried Orton.

Well, after they announced Shane O'Mac would be @ RAW in Chicago on March 7, I bought tickets today. I've never seen Shane....nor have I ever seen AJ Styles (one of my favs since his days in TNA). Should be able see them both!

That'll be fun. Chicago always has a great crowd. This is usually the most entertaining stretch of the year.

Chicago is ALWAYS nuts. The crowd is always hot....and the wrestlers love that building (AllState Arena aka Rosemont Horizon). I'm curious to see/hear the Pop that Shane will get when his music hits. To this day, the loudest crowd I have ever heard & was a part of was in Chicago @ Money In The Bank ppv for CM Punk/Cena. That crowd was loud chanting Punk's name, then the building exploded when Punk's music hit. I get goosebumps to this day thinking about it.

That's a fun one to watch. Not sure what was louder, the cheers for Punk or the boos for Cena.

RAW in Chicago tonight! AllState Arena always has a hot crowd. I. Can't. Wait!

Really Big Boss Man and the God Father?

Back