Products That Are DOA

The Callaway razr X black irons were a dud too

SLDR-C

SCOR Wedges
Cleveland Drivers and Fairways
Callaway Shoes
Taylormade irons, wedges, putters
Adams Golf in general

See I disagree with SCOR being DOA. On arrival, they were a pretty big hit because the concept made sense. They just recently went under so it's easy to think of them as DOA

NXT Tour S and Tour Extreme were just as below average as the NXT tour. So that goes on my DOA list too

Bombtech Grenade
Hopkins golf balls
Nike RZN

Definitely not DOA. They never got there. Now they're all covered in snake skin, get some oil from it and that takes on the characteristics of the company IMO.

Definitely not DOA. They never got there. Now they're all covered in snake skin, get some oil from it and that takes on the characteristics of the company IMO.

Ya a few posts up I changed that to Dead in Transit

I thought it was a demand problem, too many ordered they couldn't keep up with.

I thin the Ping i25 driver. Had some hype, but I don't remember ever seeing any out on the course. I actually liked the looks of that one too. The Scotty Futura from way back, I don't think did well. Just my perception.

Obviously it's a small company, but it seems to me Hopkins Irons never gained any mass appeal. The wedges not much more either.

I actually play both of these products (also played the balls for part of the summer). I dont know enough to disagree with you on the DOA argument. However, if they were/are that is unfortunate because I have enjoyed both products and whenever someone sees the products or feels them and then hears the price that i paid for both they are amazed.

Adams Blue
Sldr-s

Thinking outside the box I'll say the Bio Cell line.
Performed great but I don't think I ever saw another person hit one or put one in the bag.

I never saw many people playing BC either, but I had a driver and LOVED it.

I have an M1 now but I didn't, and probably never will, get rid of my BC driver.

I wish all the stuff would sell well but I guess that's not plausible. I really only pay attention to the drivers and fairway woods that never sold here and the worst seemed to be Jet Speed, X-Hot, Covert, and 815 Alpha.

Last edited:
My vote would go to the Jetspeed. That release was completely glazed over.

Covert Forged 2.0 irons and they were so dang nice.
SLDR irons.

Those two stand out to me.

I know everyone is piling on TaylorMade, but the EF wedges come to mind as the most DOA thing from them in the last few years.

I would agree on quite a few of these.

Can I remember anything that was DOA, not really, but pretty much anything you find at some of the big box sports stores never had a real chance. (not all big box sports stores, but most)

Definitely Jetspeed 100% never even got off the ground. I have a jet speed hybrid I bought 6 months ago brand new online for $30.00. And I am not a big fan of it but probably because I just can't hit the hybrids well at all either way and never have been able to. usually always pull it straight left.

I'm curious how all of Cobras stuff sells. Genius behind designing their stuff but it just seems to get zero traction year after year.

I am thinking of those "ugliest shoes ever" threads. Each and every pair of those shoes was far more DOA than any piece of equipment.

I agree with this list. and I've played 3 of the last 4 TM wedge sets. I wish they marketed their last release more, they missed a great opportunity after DJ at the LA Open.
Agreed. They aren't bad wedges at all. The wedge market is just so tight at the top everyone fights over scraps. Outside of the xft I have never played with anyone that gamed taylormade wedges.

Back