Project X HZRDUS Smoke Shaft

Will be interesting to see how the Small Batch you build will compare to the Smoke Black.

Extra Stiff?

Of Course.
2b4654fcb9a82ad90a1f5fe5d2597386.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

6.0 is what works for me.

6.0 is what works for me.
So tell us?

Did you build a 6.0?

How's the Small batch Gamer versus the Hzrdus Smoke?

Cheers

I THINK I saw on instagram today that the smoke line is their most popular on tour right now. I'm surprised and not surprised by that - such good shafts
With Amateurs producing 280+ yards Drives what's not to love about this Shaft.

Man I'm really liking the 60g 6.5 Smoke shaft in my TS2 8.5* driver. I still want to put another surefit adapter on my custom THCE shaft though so I can try that out with it. I'm not sure how much of a difference there is as I haven't hit that shaft in a while.
Do you know your swing speed? I'm curious if I should go 6.0 or 6.5 in the Hzrdus Smoke. I'm a tweener. Hzrdus Yellow has worked for me in 6.0 and 6.5 but want something to launch a little higher

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Well, the site is live, but it still won’t let you add a club to the cart to complete a purchase. A friend told me. :LOL:

Do you know your swing speed? I'm curious if I should go 6.0 or 6.5 in the Hzrdus Smoke. I'm a tweener. Hzrdus Yellow has worked for me in 6.0 and 6.5 but want something to launch a little higher

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
When I bought that driver, I was 109-112 club speed and 158-164 ball speed on their GCQuad. I have hit both the smoke and smoke yellow, and the yellow to me feels like softer profile. Yellow 6.0 for me was not so good, but the yellow 6.5 is awesome. But I can use the regular smoke in either flex.

Ok so the Smoke Black is firmer than the Smoke Yell
When I bought that driver, I was 109-112 club speed and 158-164 ball speed on their GCQuad. I have hit both the smoke and smoke yellow, and the yellow to me feels like softer profile. Yellow 6.0 for me was not so good, but the yellow 6.5 is awesome. But I can use the regular smoke in either flex.

That sounds right about where my swing speed and ball speed are at with last measurement. So you think at that speed the Smoke Black 6.0 or 6.5 should be ok?

Used Smoke Yellow at the range today and still enjoy that one quite a bit.

Just a thanks to @DB TT for putting the real deal in some newly released products rather than a different version called and painted the same.

I’m not as against a co-engineered shaft as the rest of the internet with pitchforks out, but still nice to see on a shaft I really like.

Just a thanks to @DB TT for putting the real deal in some newly released products rather than a different version called and painted the same.

I’m not as against a co-engineered shaft as the rest of the internet with pitchforks out, but still nice to see on a shaft I really like.

The Smoke Yellow sure felt great in the Cobra driver I swung today.

I put the black smoke back into my M6 driver this past weekend after my failed experiment with the Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. Much better driving with the Smoke Black for me.

Used Smoke Yellow at the range today and still enjoy that one quite a bit.
What is the main difference feel wise between the Smoke Black and Smoke Yellow? I know the Yellow is counterbalanced, but I have never swung it.

What is the main difference feel wise between the Smoke Black and Smoke Yellow? I know the Yellow is counterbalanced, but I have never swung it.

Hard for me to describe a feel difference but with yellow I feel a load and unload better.

@J.B. Cobb III DB from Project X explained it to me as a tempo thing. I swing steep but with a smoother tempo. Like JB said, its all about the loading for me.

I have Smoke black in my 3 wood and 2 iron, and they work well; but my driver has yellow and its perfect.

Yellow 6.0 is basically regular flex in the middle and stiff+ on both ends. So even though my driver shaft is "stiff," no part of it is actually stiff flex.

Back