PUMA Ignite DISC Golf Shoes Preview

What size do you wear?
Sorry Icey, only just seen this

It isn't so much the shoe size as how they fit around my ankle due to an old injury

I have now found that my club pro can get them so I will be arranging to get a couple pairs sent there to try

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I've worn a pair for the last 3 rounds, two riding and one walking. There is one small improvement I would make and that is the thickness of the tongue. When I tighten them I constantly have to push the sides of the tongue under and in to the shoe, and then noticed it when I was walking that it would slip out and the shoe would loosen. In my mind, making the tongue a bit lower profile would easily solve that issue.

I've worn a pair for the last 3 rounds, two riding and one walking. There is one small improvement I would make and that is the thickness of the tongue. When I tighten them I constantly have to push the sides of the tongue under and in to the shoe, and then noticed it when I was walking that it would slip out and the shoe would loosen. In my mind, making the tongue a bit lower profile would easily solve that issue.

I have also noticed that when putting the shoes on also but I guess it hasn't really happened when walking during the round. I'm sure it's probably going to be a little different for different foot sizes but it's something I'll pay attention to in the future.

Have had the same thought but wasn't sure if it was just because my feet are so flat that it doesn't leave room for them.

I have worn these the last 2 rounds out (one walking/one riding) and really like them. I have been wearing another brand predominantly for golf, but think I will be picking up another pair of these or wait for the next iteration as these are great. Had the disc come lose for a second yesterday while I was tracking through the tullies looking for my ball, first time that has happened in quite a while.

Wore my OHIO state ones again yesterday. Kept my foot locked in while I was traipsing around the brush looking for balls.

Comfort and stability, these shoes have them in spades.

I will own these as ASAP as possible. YES!

424ca4c63c19f84b9d2d6f39249aa5ff.png

So, these are some of my favorite golf shoes in terms of looks. My wife ordered me some for my birthday. I got a 9.5. They felt great but also felt too long. She returned them for me and I am now wearing the 9s as I type this. But, they feel good in length but much more snug, to the point I would not want to walk 18 in these. Anyone else have any trouble with sizing?

As much as I love talking about how great my Ignite shoes are it's only fair to show the negatives also. I decided to wear my spikeless Ignites last night and noticed a little "snag" on my right shoe. I'm not sure how it happened but it's not something I expected to happen.

The other thing I've noticed about these are that they are pretty tough to keep clean. I tend to clean my shots after each round but the white gets dirty quickly and is hard to get clean. Not exactly uncommon but worth pointing out.

Comfort wise they are awesome. It was about 90 degrees and humid and not one did I think my shoes were too warm. Unfortunately they aren't holding up as well as I'd like or as well as other shoes I've had.
1223755a697ddd1c2d84778f4ecb17bd.jpg

Another thing I notice is you cannot get the black marks off the white rubber on the toe. I tried several types of cleaners including the Mr. clean pads (which usually always work). So if you scuff the toe or sides, the back marks will remain.

Another thing I notice is you cannot get the black marks off the white rubber on the toe. I tried several types of cleaners including the Mr. clean pads (which usually always work). So if you scuff the toe or sides, the back marks will remain.

Yeah I've noticed that also and it really sucks. Just a couple of days ago I was going through my shoes and tried again to get the marks off and I couldn't put a dent in them. They honestly look terrible and I'm not sure if I'll wear them much anymore.

PUMA Ignite DISC Golf Shoes Preview

After wearing my Ignite DISC shoes for the whole second half of the season I thought I would give a end of the season review. Overall I've really enjoyed these and am really happy that I was fortunate enough to receive them at the Morgan Cup.

Style: A
It's obvious that these have the classic Puma Shoe look. I tend to refer to the sweeping color design on the sides as the "Puma Wings" and they definitely stand out. In talking to people it seems to be a look that you either love or hate. I'm on the love side and have enjoyed several pair of Puma shoes, both golf and non golf, over the years. Outside of those "wings" it's a very simple, clean design. The DISC system is noticeable but doesn't stand out. They have been easy to clean up and after half a season have stood up well and continue to look very good, much more so than my spikeless DISC's.

1d89b6b39f7ae3771d6e75bedf2bf995.jpg

Comfort: A-
The first time I held these I felt they were on the heavy side and may cause fatigue during the round. Sure they are a leather shoe with full spikes but they seemed a little heavier than other offerings. However that concern was quickly squashed after my first round. The insoles in these are extremely comfortable. I can't think of one time when I was wearing these that my feet got tired or uncomfortable, something I can't say about other shoes I wore this year. They are still heavier than other offerings but never bad enough that I noticed.

The DISC system allows you to adjust your shoes to the perfect comfort level on the fly. However, I did notice that I would occasionally have to tighten my shoes during rounds. It didn't happen every round and I'm not sure if it was due to the leather stretching or if there was some give in the system. It wasn't a big deal but something I noticed. Compared to other similar systems I never had the issue of accidentally loosening my laces which is something I really appreciated.

Grip: A+
Traction on these were outstanding. Wet, dry or in between it didn't matter. They provide me a ton of stability and I've never worried about loosing my footing.

fb9ddf5b319f44082bb65a3636cd5012.jpg

DISC System: B+
I absolutely love the system and quite frankly want it on every pair of shoes I own. It's easy, simple and almost impossible to bump and loosen the laces. However, I did find a couple of flaws. As stated earlier I would have to tighten them occasionally throughout rounds. Again, it could have been from the leather stretching but it was noticeable. The other much bigger issue was the laces themselves. About a week after bringing these home from the Morgan Cup I was undoing the DISC and was trying to pull the lace out but it was stuck. Finally I was able to yank it hard enough that it came out. However, I noticed that the plastic around the lace had frayed and opened up and would catch in the DISC. I was totally bummed out! This leads me to Puma Customer Service...

Customer Service: A+
I called the Puma Customer Service line and was connected to an extremely nice representative. After asking about the issue he took my information and with no other questions asked was able to get a new pair sent out to me. It may have been one of the easiest Customer Service interactions I've ever had and was much appreciated.

Overall these were my go to shoes this year and will be tough to beat out in 2018. Outside of a couple of issues I give them a solid A rating. If anyone has other questions just let me know!

Excellent write up KEV!

Nice review Kev. I like your grades, though I would go higher on this DISC system since I haven't had any problems with them.

Fantastic write up Kev - good on Puma CS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back