Putter of the Day 03 April 2020

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
Putter of the Day 03 April 2020

Tell me what you like about it, what you don't like about it.
Would you game it?
Is it a wall hanger?

Would you just toss it in the trash because it's not made by your favorite brand?

Today's selection is a a Handmade Gooseneck SCM model with snow stamps in black oxide

Although handmades have never been my favorite in therms of head shape, I have always admired them for what they are given the limitations in creating something without the use of advanced machinery. This particular model is a pristine example of just about everything that was possible.

I'm not sure if the neck and head were milled as one piece, but I would hazard a guess that there is a weld in there, which is impeccably hidden.

A000047a.jpgA000047b.jpgA000047c.jpg

It looks cool and I would give it a few rolls inside to see if it could come out to the course as I've never been a big fan of blade putters.

The gooseneck is very cool and I really like the dot on the topline. For some reason I'm not a fan of the dots on the back though, it takes away from the sleekness of the rest of the design.

Give me goose/swan necks or give me death. My favorite look ever.

But, width is too narrow for me to game, I’d hoard it fo sho tho.

Give me goose/swan necks or give me death. My favorite look ever.

But, width is too narrow for me to game, I’d hoard it fo sho tho.
I think that may be the one issue I've had with handmades, Coronados, circas, etc. Too skinny.

The gooseneck is very cool and I really like the dot on the topline. For some reason I'm not a fan of the dots on the back though, it takes away from the sleekness of the rest of the design.
I really do like the use of the C as the sight dot. I would like an X better, but maybe he had a reason for the C on this one.

Seeing Scott instead of Scotty is so weird to me haha
Love the snow effect, especially when it's not visible at address. Pops so hard with the white on black.
Goose neck is nutty. Not sure if I could do it.

Well its a cousin to my Circa, so I like it, but I don't love the neck or the dotted back. I like how its unique. Great idea for putter of the day. This is why we are friends.

I also find interesting in these older clubs the use of ferrules. Today it would be a flare tip shaft.

I think that may be the one issue I've had with handmades, Coronados, circas, etc. Too skinny.
Olson's iteration has some junk in the trunk. I think the 3 step jam from betti is a thicc boi too hahahaha

Agreed on the Coronado shape though. Even the #1 from Circa or Studio. Needs some more depth.

I am a fan of the finish and pretty much everything about it. The neck is a little wild for me and it is probably not a shape I would game. But, I wouldn't balk at keeping it in the rotation to mess around with from time to time.

It’s beautiful yes. But Is it face balanced? That’s my only determination of whether I’d game it or not....

personally im not a collector of expensive putters that aren’t going to be used on the course and/or make me better

The finish of the putter is beautiful. Personally I like alignment lines and the goose neck looks funky. I'd need to see it from address. Given that I generally play face balanced putters I don't see it being a gamer for me.

His new head shapes really don't do anything for me. He's gone completely off my radar.
I was so disappointed when he changed his legacy, with no interest in building an old one. :(

Tell me what you like about it, what you don't like about it.
Would you game it?
Is it a wall hanger?

Would you just toss it in the trash because it's not made by your favorite brand?

Finish is nice. Too narrow front to back.
I might game it once or twice just for shyts and gyggles.
Doesn't qualify as a wall handset for me.
Why would I trash it when there are so many here that I could sell it to?

I like the neck. Color is nice. Not overly excited about the dots everywhere on the back.

I’d game it unless it was worth money as a collectors item... then I’d sell it.

Beautiful, and I appreciate the craftsmanship. Love that goose neck, but I’ve never gamed one... not a huge fan of the dots, but they sure do pop with white on black.
Seeing SCOTT stamped feels so odd!
I’d give it a try, but wouldn’t want to ruin its value to a collector.

Great looking putter. Definitely one that I couldn't game though. The neck would be too foreign looking stand over it. This putter to my way of thinking is one that would be in a collection on display.

interesting shape and very narrow... remove the dots and :love:

I knew I forgot a day..
No dislikes
love it
Definite gamer

Back