PXG clubs are over rated.. prove me wrong

...and I would note, you are answering from the perspective of a consumer vs. a retailer. Totally legitimate, but that too makes a big difference.

I’m no retailer, but I understand your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes those irons came out a year earlier than the PXG did. So it appears whether one uses sale prices or trade in values @NVGOLFER80 os accurate in the respect to holding values.
Was using your 2.5 year time frame.
So singling out PXG seems trollish when every manufacturers clubs decrease in value the same.

Was using your 2.5 year time frame.
So singling out PXG seems trollish when every manufacturers clubs decrease in value the same.

2.5 vs 3.5 years in gear talk is like dog years 😀

Genuinelu Don’t care and never had about values. To me value is what one gets out of it. It was posted early on that PXG held their value better. @NVGOLFER80 showrd it was not really the case. No dog in the fight here, Just happen to see the trade in and resale values posted and think if comparisons are going to be made, it should be similar release times.

Someone else may want to compare it to something Completely different.

Genuinelu Don’t care and never had about values. To me value is what one gets out of it.
I agree, who cares what what someone charges and what someone pays is the point that should be taken from this discussion. How does that affect me personally?

I love them. Gen1, Gen2 and Gen 3 0311. The discount does help and so does Mr Parson being a Marine. 😆 $149 a club with steelfiber for gen 2 isnt bad. I can tell you right now, the quality is better than what was in the bag before. I also play a taylormade burner rescue from 1998 probably so whatever works in my eyes. This is kinda how i feel when i see guys buying .50 prov 1s for 4.00 each when they actually give them away in egg cartons in these necks of the woods, so i understand. If your happy with the product, play it. PxG = love or hate. People that hate them just spent $3000 on a circle T the day before, but pxg is too expensive. Pxg isnt well liked on here. Maybe the test clubs never arrived.

I love them. Gen1, Gen2 and Gen 3 0311. The discount does help and so does Mr Parson being a Marine. 😆 $149 a club with steelfiber for gen 2 isnt bad. I can tell you right now, the quality is better than what was in the bag before. I also play a taylormade burner rescue from 1998 probably so whatever works in my eyes. This is kinda how i feel when i see guys buying .50 prov 1s for 4.00 each when they actually give them away in egg cartons in these necks of the woods, so i understand. If your happy with the product, play it. PxG = love or hate. People that hate them just spent $3000 on a circle T the day before, but pxg is too expensive. Pxg isnt well liked on here. Maybe the test clubs never arrived.
Maybe check the content first 😂 Multiplr video reviews by THP in which we are extremely positive about some of the irons. From both @Jman and @Canadan

But par for the course still.

I have enjoyed the Vet pricing from PXG and it great! Selfishly I wish more OEMs did this. I also know that I paid 225 for my PXG driver on a whim and it goes 10 yard farther on average according to shot scope then my M6 or my epic flash. The head cover is MILES better than TM or Callaway. The vets price is real kicker here, full pop I would not be able to afford it. But at this price it actually comes out cheaper then the others, so not in MY eyes, the SIM driver is overrated and over priced and yes I have hit it. Nothing special to beat out a driver that cost half its price.

It is more of a 6 of one or half dozen of another argument.

Whether it’s intentional or not, there is definitely a strange vibe in this thread, and it’s coming from a place I wouldn’t have expected.
I’m happy you’re enjoying your clubs as much as I am mine, that’s all that matters.
At this point, I think it’s best we bid this thread a fond farewell however... ;)

Whether it’s intentional or not, there is definitely a strange vibe in this thread, and it’s coming from a place I wouldn’t have expected.
I’m happy you’re enjoying your clubs as much as I am mine, that’s all that matters.
At this point, I think it’s best we bid this thread a fond farewell however... ;)

‘this thread does seem to elicit reactions :LOL::LOL::LOL:.

Fascinating thread.

This can go on an on. I can only say I have played quality clubs over the years from Hogan, Titliest, Mizuno, Callaway, Ping and others and the quality of PXG is high and for me they perform and the Veteran pricing made them a semi steal. Their complete bag fitting cost me only $50 for over an hour and half on an open range and I could not be happier right now with the 8 clubs I bought. The adjustability of the woods and the Accra shafts at no upgrade are both very nice. Bottom line is test and play what you like and be open to change as better things come along...

This can go on an on. I can only say I have played quality clubs over the years from Hogan, Titliest, Mizuno, Callaway, Ping and others and the quality of PXG is high and for me they perform and the Veteran pricing made them a semi steal. Their complete bag fitting cost me only $50 for over an hour and half on an open range and I could not be happier right now with the 8 clubs I bought. The adjustability of the woods and the Accra shafts at no upgrade are both very nice. Bottom line is test and play what you like and be open to change as better things come along...

Interesting they charged you for the fitting. I thought they were all free if fit by PXG.

I drove a couple hours for a PXG driver fitting.
he fits out of a private club yet I was allowed on prem being I had the fitting. Got to warm up as much as I wanted in a practice bay. Then the fitting lasted about an hour or so. Awesome experience.

CNCPT irons are $500 an iron

At that price I’m expecting to hole every shot, lol.

Of course I expect that now:)

Does everyone feel like this after buying PXG clubs?😳🤣

If you can play the stock shafts, there isn’t a better deal in golf then their 0211 or Gen3 irons. I’d put either up against the comparable offerings from Callaway, Titleist, TM and Cobra any day of the week.
Make fun of their commercials and whatever else you like, ignoring the quality of their clubs is the equivalent of biting your nose to spite your face.

If you can play the stock shafts, there isn’t a better deal in golf then their 0211 or Gen3 irons. I’d put either up against the comparable offerings from Callaway, Titleist, TM and Cobra any day of the week.
Make fun of their commercials and whatever else you like, ignoring the quality of their clubs is the equivalent of biting your nose to spite your face.
I'm not a PXG fan, in fact far from it -- but my buddy was looking at new irons and came to the conclusion that the 0211 were the best tour brand value out there for him. He was hesitant to pull the trigger because of the branding and stigma. I talked him into it and I whole heartedly agree with everything you said.

Does everyone feel like this after buying PXG clubs?😳🤣

In the comments - "Stop hitting the Ed Hardy of golf clubs" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Funnies aside, I don't have enough first-hand experience with PXG clubs to form an opinion one way or the other. The commercials irritate me, I can say that much. The only PXG clubs I've ever hit were the 0311 Gen4 irons, and it was just a handful of swings on the range before a round - but they did feel really, really good to me. Good enough to even create a brief ponder, but that was as far as I went with it.

I've never made a product purchase based on whether I thought the CEO is an ******* or not :)

PXG products are top notch (check out the reviews of them by THP staff here). They apparently care about the criticism they have always gotten about pricing, and now offer great club offerings at reasonable (sometimes ridiculously low) prices. Their military and first responder discounts are the best in the industry.

I just bought a full set of Gen 3 XP irons for under $700.

I think there's a disconnect between the bashing and reality when it comes to PXG.

I’ve owned PXG Gen 1 irons and wedges, several Gen woods, and a putter. I’ve never had any that were bad. The Gen 1 0811x driver was too high spin for me but the Gen 4 I have now is equal to any other low spin head on the market IMO. With their Hero’s program they will be my first choice, at least until other OEM’s offer something like that. The only reason I didn’t pick up a set of the 0211ST’s was due to limited shaft options on the website. I never tried to call to see if they’d special order shafts.

I’d say their only real limitation right now is their wedges. They don’t offer enough bounce and grind options, but neither do most OEM’s other than Vokey.

i thought about grabbing another set of 0311P's but decided i'd give the D9 Forged a go instead...wish i woulda grabbed the 0311P's...over a month later and still no idea when i'll get the D9's

It’s not unusual that an unabashedly marketed item may be discriminated against unfairly simply due to its presentation. I don’t know what they “deserve” in terms of judgement but, all the other brands believe their products are the best too. PXG is simply another choice with exposure on several tours. I wonder if many don’t bother to test PXG (and Miura for that matter) simply because of cost… and that’s fair. And for those that tested them but the clubs didn’t stand out, it makes sense to look for other options. Some of those options may be less expensive. If you test two sets of clubs at $1000 and one set outperforms another, for you-does that make the underperforming set overrated?

...If you test two sets of clubs at $1000 and one set outperforms another, for you-does that make the underperforming set overrated?

in my case, it was the gen3 0311P's bumping out the then brand new 21 P790s...they just felt better and performed just as well. strangely enough, both sets had DG105's in them so it was relatively apples to apples...i don't think the 790s are/were overrated, i thought they were gonna be "the irons" for me after i was fitted for them...but i got the same performance but with better feel outta the 0311P's. i should probably still be in the 0311P's

Back