PXG "Secret Weapon" Mini Driver

Thrillbilly Jim

No Diddy! No Doubt!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
A PXG mini driver hit the USGA Conforming list today.

pxgsw.jpg

Love me some mini drivers.

I’m a mini driver fan. Niche market but fun club

I wonder if the BRNR Mini having movable weights influenced this design or just keeping the PXG look.

I wonder if the BRNR Mini having movable weights influenced this design or just keeping the PXG look.
I wouldn’t overthink a mini driver that will sell a few dozen. It’s long been PXG’s look to use the weights.

I'll admit, having 4 weights to play with seems fun.

Weights in mini head seem counter to what weights do. Seems there needs to be more space for those weights to affect swing/direction etc.

But, what do i know?

it's 13 loft, are we sure that's a mini driver? Or is it more of like a big 3 wood....like the old Callaway 3deep?

Yeah, I kinda already want one.. lol.

it's 13 loft, are we sure that's a mini driver? Or is it more of like a big 3 wood....like the old Callaway 3deep?
Most of the mini driver releases have offered one option in that real as well.

All a mini driver has ever been is a big 3w.

Most of the mini driver releases have offered one option in that real as well.

All a mini driver has ever been is a big 3w.

I like to hit them off the ground , so i do like to see how the sole is designed , and like if the size is closer to a 3 wood then driver

I'm probably not the target audience for this LOL....because to me i'd just rather have a club like the 3 deep or the TSR2+ which i have currently

So my 13.5 fairway wood is just the same as a mini driver ;)

intrigued!

I'm gaming a TM 300 Mini this afternoon. The more minis, the merrier.

Interesting that PXG went with 13* loft. The best-selling and hardest to find mini drivers have always been the ones with 11* and 12* heads.

I get it... that does take away the sales pitch that "these are deck clubs too!" But people mostly buy these as forgiving tee clubs, and that's where a 13* head loses something.

love me some mini driver. I should take my old one out for a round sometime soon.

This might be something worth looking into. Recorded distance last year with my Radspeed Big Tour head was nearly as long as my driver. Maybe the mini driver has some benifits. The tinkerer in me needs to know.

Just don’t see the point in it… it’s like carrying a chipper. I Seriously had ONE person ask me to hit one last year

didnt see this thread but I did post in the fairway finder thread....im very excited about this club!!! The past 3 TM Mini drivers have been my favorite clubs ive owned and given me the most confidence.

This mini having moveable weights is huge. With the TM Mini's ive had to put lead tape in the toe section

As an owner of the 300 and BRNR. This will be in the bag rotation as well. Mini drivers are super fun.

Would love to see more companies offer these. I am a big fan of the mini driver market

Interesting that PXG went with 13* loft. The best-selling and hardest to find mini drivers have always been the ones with 11* and 12* heads.

I get it... that does take away the sales pitch that "these are deck clubs too!" But people mostly buy these as forgiving tee clubs, and that's where a 13* head loses something.
The irony there is they’re not as forgiving as an actual driver. But, golfers minds are crazy, as we all know too well.

Would love to see more companies offer these. I am a big fan of the mini driver market
Issue is they don’t sell except for the lunatic fringe.

I continue to wait for a company to have the courage to lose the "mini" label and simply introduce a modern-material-tech 380CC to 400CC driver with a 44" to 45" shaft length.
I think the reason this has not happened is because companies are afraid to send a message that their 45" to 46" length shaft 460CC drivers are not best for every player. But it seems to me a major OEM offering a choice of a 460CC or a 390CC driver could be a good thing for both the company and the consumer players.

Back