Question about the Scotty Cameron Custom Shop

tmtitleist411

#covertpondering
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.9
Alright, I'll try to keep it as brief as possible. A couple of quick questions:

1. What is everyone's experiences with the actual refinishing done by the custom shop (i.e. sending it in, paint fills, restorations, etc.)?
2. On the custom shop page ( http://www.scottycameron.com/customization/modifications.asp?mp=1&st=customization ) it has options to buy headcovers in addition to other services for your putter. Do you have to send your putter in to them to actually purchase these headcovers, or can you buy them a la carte?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Not sure on the headcovers.

Had my putter sent there last spring. Absolutely fantastic service. I had my paintfill changed and new stamping added. Everything looks fantastic. Sending it in was easy and the return shipping was super fast.

Edit: Here is my link to the thread I had on my experience http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...edding-gift!&p=1290189&viewfull=1#post1290189

Thanks for the feedback man... I hate to be nitpicky here but when you say fast, how fast is fast? I just got mine, and it has some minor dings (and one major one on the toe flange), so I would probably get it restored, plus headcover and grip. With summer fast approaching though, I would love to have it back ASAP, especially seeing as I'm going to Wake for golf camp in early June.

Thanks for the feedback man... I hate to be nitpicky here but when you say fast, how fast is fast? I just got mine, and it has some minor dings (and one major one on the toe flange), so I would probably get it restored, plus headcover and grip. With summer fast approaching though, I would love to have it back ASAP, especially seeing as I'm going to Wake for golf camp in early June.

Placed my order on March 20th
Custom Shop received my putter on March 28th
Custom Shop shipped my putter back on April 16th
I received my putter on April 17th

i'm super tempted to do custom shop one day still havn't found the putter i'm 100% on that i'd want to get done.

Placed my order on March 20th
Custom Shop received my putter on March 28th
Custom Shop shipped my putter back on April 16th
I received my putter on April 17th

That's impressive.... now time to convince dad its a good idea! hahahaha

2. On the custom shop page ( http://www.scottycameron.com/customization/modifications.asp?mp=1&st=customization ) it has options to buy headcovers in addition to other services for your putter. Do you have to send your putter in to them to actually purchase these headcovers, or can you buy them a la carte?

Yes, you have to send your putter in and have "work" done. I tried to purchase a headcover that was listed in the custom shop options last year and was informed of this.

Haven't done one, but I've seen plenty of pics and they're beautiful.

Alright, I'll try to keep it as brief as possible. A couple of quick questions:

1. What is everyone's experiences with the actual refinishing done by the custom shop (i.e. sending it in, paint fills, restorations, etc.)?

Yep, have to send a putter in to get a cover. Limited covers available on his website.

That's impressive.... now time to convince dad its a good idea! hahahaha

Yeah, I believe their site says something like 30 day turnaround. I was stoked when I got the shipping notification just over 2 weeks later!

I have a Mil-Spec that they totally restored.

Bought from eBay and was in awful condition - they reshafted, remilled, regripped, put the pro-platinum finish on and paint filled then sent to me here in NZ.

This was in about 2006 I think - since then I've had it changed again but the stamping and milling is amazing.

I highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question for those that might know. I am *considering* buying a Cameron putter from a local shop that seems to be a reasonable price, but is pretty jacked up and sending it straight to the Custom Shop. Do you know if they can work with a putter that is this beat up? Similar scratches and dents on the rest of the club as well.

20130610180727.jpg

Always best to send pic's to the CS shop and let them tell you if one is over the hill for them. Also note, the CS (and entire Cameron site) has been down for the past 7 or 8 days, and is now revamped and up & running, with price increases of course. Looks like there are some new options and lots of new headcover options thru the CS. I still think there are better (and much cheaper) options out there unless you are dealing with a high end Cameron and want to keep everything correct to maintain its integrity. If its just a gamer, there are cheaper options for refinishing.

I've sent a ton of putters to them to be worked on. Always great, timely service. Like Hoosier said, there are cheaper options out there if you just want to refinish a gamer.

Back