Questions you would most like to ask a member of Augusta National

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
@MWard and I were just talking in today's holes 4-6 of AGNC thread, and the topic came up about what you would want to ask a member of Augusta National. So simple thread, you have 10 minutes to sit down with a member of the course, what are you asking him/her about?

how often do you play?
favorite memory?
how long have you been a member?
favorite player youve met?
favorite hole?
toughest hole?
what do you shoot on a regular basis?

Wouldn’t need 10 minutes.

“Can I play a round with you?”

I’ll ask the other questions during the round. Figure I have at least 4 hours to chat.
I'm along these lines as well. "What's a guy gotta do to play a round with you?" :cool:

Why are the 4 hardest holes the par 5s and 4 easiest the par 3s for the members?

This one always confuses me. Just a lot of the stroke indexes of the holes confuse me.

Who retrieves the balls from the water, and what happens to the recovered balls?

“I have a party to attend, can I borrow your jacket.“

What was the most important decision in your life....that resulted in a series of events, culminating with you joining Augusta National.

"how do you feel about....jacked lofts?" asking for some friends.

I want to know how they became a member, what the clubhouse is like, who have they met, favorite round. How much they pay for dues and how many rounds? Do they treat it as a very exclusive invite or is a easy to get an invite?

Why are the 4 hardest holes the par 5s and 4 easiest the par 3s for the members?

This one always confuses me. Just a lot of the stroke indexes of the holes confuse me.

Who are the members. I would submit that the majority are not what would be considered very good golfers. The stroke indexes, I think, may be a reflection of the fact that the members are challenged more by the distance as are most higher handicappers. And the members are not playing anywhere near tournament speed greens.

Quick story... if you ask a member, the answer is no and you’re basically blackballed. Don’t ever ask!

1. What do last chairmen do once they step down? Another committee? Do they leave the club? Or do they just get to relax?

2. What do some of the other committees do during tournament week that aren’t involved in the competition? Is it a bunch of go go go or do some have more down time and thus able to socialize with guests of the club?

3. Any stories of events at the club you can share that are more on the fun or silly side of things? I know there’s a fun story or two from the member member and such that are shareable and not incriminating to those involved!

4. Do you still get the chills when you’re rolling up Magnolia Rd like holy cow I can’t believe I get to play here?

5. Members and guests use the old range facing Washington Rd, not the tournament practice area yes?

6. Is that par 3 course as fun as it looks to play?

What's your industry?
Are you hiring?
How do I get to be CIO?
Are you adopting?:ROFLMAO:
How do they feel about the Masters being at their course?

Plus the Augusta questions related above...

Who retrieves the balls from the water, and what happens to the recovered balls?

Right off the top of my head, I would assume they are retrieved by course maintenance and donated to the first tee.

"So... um.... (looks around)....

...where are the bodies buried?"

Whats in the basement?

So, is the pimento cheese really that good?

Wouldn’t need 10 minutes.

“Can I play a round with you?”

I’ll ask the other questions during the round. Figure I have at least 4 hours to chat.

Generally if you ask a member at Augusta to play you will never get invited. At least that is what I have heard.

In addition to some of the questions already I would be interested their first experience at the club. Do they have a favorite caddy. How did they react when invited to join.

I have a friend who has some connections there (has been invited to play and had to decline due to work) and I know his long term goal is to be invited to join someday. I told him if that happens and I don’t get an invite I will hunt him down and kill him.

Generally if you ask a member at Augusta to play you will never get invited. At least that is what I have heard.

In addition to some of the questions already I would be interested their first experience at the club. Do they have a favorite caddy. How did they react when invited to join.

I have a friend who has some connections there (has been invited to play and had to decline due to work) and I know his long term goal is to be invited to join someday. I told him if that happens and I don’t get an invite I will hunt him down and kill him.

What was the most important decision in your life....that resulted in a series of events, culminating with you joining Augusta National.

Damn... that's deep haha

wow..... not sure there is anything besides the death of my immediate family that would keep me from accepting an invite....

Sitting here at home and thinking about the whole six degrees of separation thing, I wonder if someone in the industry who knows a member could actually ask some of these questions that can actually be answered, and then have them emailed to JB or GG and have them post the answers. No identity revealed, no member name that would be swamped with PM's asking to play, just a... Hey here's what I can answer.

wow..... not sure there is anything besides the death of my immediate family that would keep me from accepting an invite....

I mean... they're dead. They won't know you're there or not.

Don't ever show this post to anyone in my family. That might backfire. I may be kidding... Actually now I'm not so sure.

Back